𝐱𝐯.

𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨 | 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𖠋

 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞.

taraji and i step out of the car and i'm met with chaos. fans, reporters, paparazzi, everyone and their mamas are outside the ballroom venue. people scream for taraji's attention but she pays them no mind. she doesn't smile or address anyone or the cameras. i'm not sure how this world works but wouldn't pictures of us together, happy be better? taraji doesn't seem to be stopping and i don't question her. as if sensing my wonder she leans down, close enough for her lips to brush against my ear.

"we don't want to be late. i have other plans to get under their skin." i can't help but the blush that roses to my cheeks as taraji rests her hand above my ass. the action increases the chaos and i lightly laugh as we continue our walk inside. it's amazing how entranced people are with taraji, though i can't say i blame them. i'm sure there will be videos of taraji's mild public display of affection will be all over the internet later. we go inside to the most beautifully decorated venue i've ever seen and i worked with a catering company for a few months.

it's elegant and luxurious, everywhere i look my eyes are met with diamonds, crystals, perfectly placed flowers, and soft lighting. there's an area cleared for dancing and the sound of a live band on the second level, softly playing music while people mingle. i try not to look around astounded, seeing as nobody else takes a second glance at the decor, and follow taraji to her family.

"mother, father. fantasia, william and bernice henson." taraji's voice is professional but nothing more. i know there's tension between her and her parents but it seems a lot more intense than at the office. i assume it has to do with her father, william henson. he looks like a hard ass, he's handsome but it's hidden behind a hard judgmental glare and frown lines. i don't think he's ever smiled in his life. all eyes at the table turn to us and this time i can't the nerves. even if we were dating for real i would be terrified.

"oh, hello again," taraji's mom rises from the table, coming over to kiss our cheeks. i'm surprised by her actions but as she steps back i notice the same fake smile from the office. appearances right? well bitch, two can play that game. i flash her the same faux enjoyment, but i know mine is far more natural. years of customer service helps with acting like you like someone.

"good evening, mrs. henson, it's nice to see you again. mr. henson, a pleasure." i step forward and shake his hand before returning to taraji's side. taraji looks pleased and i give myself a mental high-five. good, no sign of weakness yet. william's eyes hold scrutiny and it's easy to see he's not impressed.

"this is my brother, jahavi, and his wife, sanaa. my sister, brandi, and her husband, o'shea, and their kids, santana and sa'kari. everyone this is fantasia barrino, the woman i've been seeing." taraji doesn't say much more as she pulls out my chair. i blush but sit with a small thank you.