𝐱𝐱.

𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨 | 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

𖠋

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞.

"i won't let him do this fantasia. i'll figure something else out, the old man has officially lost his fucking mind." taraji rants angrily, gulping down her mimosa before ordering another one. after that disastrous brunch, and mr. henson's ultimatum of us getting married for at least a year, taraji insisted we leave. now we're at the dinner we first went to together and she's fuming at the wrench her father has thrown into her plans. if we agree, taraji can have the company immediately, or she gets nothing ever, not even in his will. mr. henson swore to leave everything for her siblings and grandkids if she disagreed. it's obscene, excessive, and psychotic, but this position is taraji's dream. i can't let her give it up, more importantly, she can't let her dad win and think it's okay to keep controlling her life.

"taraji..."

"i can't believe it, actually yes i can. i should have expected this."

"taraji..."

"the fucking audacity of that man thinking he can control me and my life. i am a grown-ass woman, i don't get controlled, i'm the controller. he won't get away with this shit." the waitress stands terrified of taraji's anger, trembling in her shoes, not that i can blame her. taraji can be scary as hell when she's pissed off, but i'm starting to learn that her bark is worse than her bite, at least to me. i offer the server a polite smile and tell her that we're fine for now.

"taraji."

"what?" her tone is harsh but i don't take it personally. i'd be pissed if i was in her position too. i reach across the table, prying her clenched fingers apart and sliding my hand onto hers. it's a good photo op for her and her parents and an even better excuse for me to touch her. i shake away thoughts of what her hands are capable of and focus on her now, she's not okay and i have to find a way to ease her anger and worries.

"this is your dream and it's only a year. maybe marriage won't be that bad, it wouldn't have to be any different than now." other than i would be around her more often, i don't mind that. taraji gives me a considering look but doesn't seem any calmer.

"you would succumb yourself to a loveless marriage out of money and fear?"

"of course not... but i'd do it for you. i know how much this job means to you taraji, look at the lengths you're willing to go to achieve what you want. i meant what i told your father, but i also know you love the company. if this is your dream, then i'd love to help you get that job and stick it to your father in the process."

"even at the expense of being married to me?"

"what's so bad about that? you're taraji p. henson after all." i smile, relieved to see her relaxing more at my words. maybe she just needed some reassurance that i'm really in this, after last night i'm surprised that i'm not drooling over her. she scoffs leaning back in her chair.