𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨 | 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𖠋

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞.

the rest of the dinner taraji is nowhere to be found. sanaa and brandi do their best to keep me entertained, introducing me to a few of their friends. i act my ass off as if i'm not bothered by taraji leaving with another woman. it went from curiosity to irritation and now i'm just ready to go home, to my actual home. in my real life, not the penthouse, in this fantasy life. i walk with brandi and sanaa toward the lobby area to wait for the car. i'm not sure where taraji is, i gave up trying to call her an hour ago. the party ended and mostly everyone was heading towards the doors, doing the last of their networking.

"you should join the family for brunch tomorrow, tasia. it'd be a lot more bearable if you're there." brandi says and i know it's because of her parents' behavior. when taraji left and they returned the questions about kendall resumed but more relentlessly. they asked how we met, how i got pregnant, my parents, and my relationship with my family. my relationship with kendall and if he's in mine and keziah's life, they asked interview and first date questions. if it wasn't for brandi, i'm sure they would've tried digging up every aspect of my personal life. in the end, i couldn't get away without telling them a few more details about kendall, they don't take no for an answer.

"i don't know about that, your parents don't seem to like me very much."

"they don't like anyone, trust me they treated me the same way and still do. you're just the new kid." sanaa bumps my shoulder and i laugh.

"it's up to taraji really. if she wants me there then of course i'll be there," i'll need a babysitter. there's no chance i'm letting keziah anywhere near these vultures.

"speaking of, i'm sorry she bailed on you like that, it's pretty fucked up," brandi shakes her head in disappointment. i shrug it off, trying not to be bothered.

"it's fine, i've never seen taraji that worked up honestly. i just hope she's okay," even if she is with marai.

"we can wait for you," brandi says but i quickly wave her off. that's even more embarrassing. i'd rather wander around or walk home than have taraji's family know that she stood me up.

"no, it's okay, you need to get your kids home."

"we'll wait, right babe?" sanaa nudges jahavi's shoulder who quickly puts his phone away.

"of course, and i'll personally put taraji in line if you want." i laugh at taraji's younger brother, being the youngest they still treat him like a baby.

"no, it's fine."

"are you sure? because i can.."

"that won't be necessary little brother."