𝐢𝐯.

𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨 | 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𖠋

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞.

"chocolate, cream, and spinkles!!" keziah cheers to the waitress at our usual breakfast place. i shake my head unable to stop the smile on my face, "no sprinkles, keziah. remember what happened last time?" keziah makes a stank face and shakes her head. the last time she had sprinkles she complained about a stomach ache and toothache, she threw up and had a trip to the dentist in the same week. she hasn't had sprinkles since and i do my best to watch how much sugar she has, especially after days with kendall. he'll feed her nothing but shit because he can't cook or bother learning how to feed his child.

"oh yeah, no spinkles."

"okay, i have our biggest, fluffiest, best waffle with chocolate syrup and whipped cream, for the cutest customer. the usual for mom, and two coffees?" i look to taraji who nods her confirmation.

"thank you, nadia." she leaves to put our order in, keziah continues talking about everything she wants to do today and taraji watches me closely. luckily, keziah's constant questions and chatter save me from addressing the piercing eyes. it does nothing to stop the nerves though, not when i can still feel her hand grasping my neck. that look in her eyes, daring me to try my luck and test her patience.

part of me wishes i did. keziah and i talk and she occasionally pulls taraji into the conversation, until our food arrives. luckily, taraji takes her eyes off me, turning her attention to her phone, giving me a chance to breathe. keziah's attention and excitement are put on her plate as i cut her waffle into pieces.

"mommy, syrup, please." i inwardly sigh, watching the toddler bounce in her seat. i know i'll regret this later but i drizzle a bit of syrup to mix with her chocolate syrup regardless. i give her the ipad and headphones from her bag and make sure she's situated. when keziah is content and eating, i turn my attention to taraji who puts down her phone, returning her full attention to me. it's weird. i'm positive there are more important things she could be doing rather than spending the day with me and my daughter.

"so, should we talk about this repayment?"

"straight to business. i like that. i detest beating around the bush."

"i don't like owing anyone and owing someone like you feels like signing a deal with the devil. it'd take the rest of my life and then some to pay you back." taraji smirks, taking a sip of her coffee, looking over at me with a gaze that sends a delightful chill down my spine.

"i assure you i have no interest in making your life difficult, fantasia. i simply want you to attend an event with me, granted you will be around some of the most insufferable and obnoxious people alive."

"you want me to attend an event with you? taraji you let me off work early, let me and my daughter spend the night in your penthouse, then showered us with gifts in the morning. not to mention being out with us and clearing your schedule. and all you want is for me to attend an event with you? it doesn't seem like enough." i don't want to be in debt to anyone, let alone taraji, she's intimidating enough,