𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨 | 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𖠋

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞.

i take a deep breath of fresh air the moment i step outside the uptight office and suffocating presence of taraji p. henson. i can't believe that happened, i actually asked taraji to kiss me, and she did. going to see her was a complete spur of the moment action after talking with my aunt. i assume the adrenaline gave me courage, and to meet her mom, talk about horrible timing. it worked out kind of, either way i feel better about this entire situation. i feel like i'm making the right decision, not just because i kissed taraji, but because i feel different.

taraji has given me the chance to live a life that i've always imagined, for myself and my daughter. i can rebuild my life. i hail a cab and head home, thinking about this deal. i should probably get a new job, it won't look good for either of us, especially me, if i'm "dating my boss." i'll resign after my talk with taraji tonight. after our kiss, she said we'll have dinner tonight to discuss the terms of the deal. she was back to her professional and guarded self, but it did little to dull my mood.

i feel invigorated and motivated like i'm walking on air. this is the opportunity i've been waiting for. i can get keziah a house and yard. we won't have to live with my aunt anymore, it'd be amazing. keziah deserves nothing less and i'll do anything to see that she has the best of everything in life. it takes me thirty minutes with traffic to get home, my mind still reeling from the events in taraji's office.

her mother is terrifying. i can imagine how bad her father is, i just hope i haven't gotten myself into more than i can handle.

"tasia, get in here, i want to know how it went!" my aunt yells from the window as i'm paying the driver. she successfully catches the attention of everyone around and i feel my face heat up, so embarrassing. i knew i shouldn't have told her about this, but i couldn't hold it in, i had to tell someone. it took an hour to make my aunt swear not to tell anyone. i go inside before she starts freaking out and she immediately pulls me to the couch. keziah is on the floor watching gracie's corner and eating lunch while my aunt drinks her wine. i shake my head, kissing keziah's head before taking my spot on the sofa.

"here, now talk, what happened?" i laugh, shaking my head as my aunt hands me a glass of red wine.

"it's twelve-thirty in the afternoon auntie, i don't want wine." i put the glass down, but she simply grabs it, pouring it into her glass.

"more for me, now stop stalling what happened?"

"well, i went to her office and i was just going to tell her i agreed to help her out, but her mother was there. it was pretty tense, i don't think they get along well," i tell my aunt about the events at the office, stopping before i get to the kiss. i can feel my cheeks warm and i have to look away.