𝐱𝐢𝐢.

𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨 | 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

𖠋

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞

𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞.

"hey, anyone there?" india waves a hand in front of my face, snapping me from my thoughts.

"hm, yes?"

"what's wrong, you're really out of it? did something happen on your date?" i sigh, rolling my eyes. can everyone stop referring to it as a date already? taraji p. henson doesn't date and she's made that clear.

"it wasn't a date, i'm tired of telling everyone that."

"well damn, it's not often i see you this tense?" i sigh because taking my problems out on india isn't fair or helpful for anyone.

"i'm sorry i'm just a little, frustrated."

"that's because you're searching for a nigga like me in bitches and it will never work." kendall's ignorant ass comes strolling in, shirtless of course, stretching trying to flex in disguise. been there, done that, the only good that came from him is my daughter. kanyala and i roll our eyes, ignoring him and continuing our conversation.

"nothing happened, it just i have a decision to make and i don't know what to do."

"well, talk to big sis, i'm practically a certified relationship guru."

"oh yeah, where's your boyfriend sis?" corey snickers coming into the kitchen, grabbing a beer from the fridge. the high boys laugh as they pass a blunt back and forth. i shake my head as they start arguing, pouring myself another shot, my mind drifting back to taraji.

she probably thinks i'm too experienced, maybe i'm too young for her liking. what the hell am i thinking? she said she doesn't date, so why can't i just accept that? am i being vain thinking it has something to do with me? we just met there's no reason for her to show any shade of interest in me.

i sigh, pouring another shot, and downing it in one go. why am i so stressed over this? i need to get the hell over taraji, she's just a woman. just a single woman who likes to tease people. it's a game, all of this is, and i need to be prepared to play.

"damn tasia, you alright?" corey ask and i nod, barely paying him any attention. i won't be caught off guard again like i was with her mother. i will no longer be the weak, stuttering, nervous fantasia that can't even look taraji in the eye. instead i will be the girl in the room that everyone craves. my looks have never been a question i just need more confidence and to remind myself that i deserve to stand in the same room as the elite.

"she's not alright, look," kendall's voice is barely noticeable as i think about the next time i'll see taraji. i need to be ready, for her and this dinner. someone passes me a blunt and i take it, not thinking twice. i rarely smoke anymore, especially if keziah is around, but she typically sleeps through the night, and being a nurse, india doesn't smoke at all.