9.

"Elliot!" I woke to my name being screamed through the house. I rolled my eyes and groaned as I tried to sit up. I watched Quinn walk right pass the kitchen doorway. "Jeeze um what did he do to make him that mad?" Chase came into the kitchen but didn't see me just went to the fridge. Levi came into the kitchen as well and looked pass me but then saw the mess on the floor and looked at me again. "Shit." He ran off calling Quinn's name. Chase looked up and to the hallway then looked at me.

"Oh goodness." He said walking over to me. He put a hand on my cheek but I flinched away. "What did he do?" He looked to my pants lain on the ground and to the other mess then back to me. "I c- can't say." I looked down. "Chase... can you undo these." I shook my arms. "Ouch... um I need wire cutters but yeah I can. Hold tight I'll be back." He stood up and walked to the doorway just as Quinn and Tristan stood there. "What happened?" Quinn spoke looking at me but speaking to Chase. Chase whispered something then Quinn dragged his hands down his face and sighed. "Bloody hell." Tristan responded.

Chase ran off and Tristan turned around leaving only Quinn standing in the doorway. I looked away closing my eyes. His footsteps slowly came towards me. He sighed when he reached me. "What happened?" He kneeled in front of me. I shook my head. "Elliot if you don't tell me what happened right now I'll-."

"Quinn." The twins stood behind him. "I'm sorry."  He sighed. "I can't tell you. They said next time will be worse if I did." I swallowed thickly, still not looking at him. He placed a finger on my chin making me look at him. Tears made they're way down my cheek, surprisingly. I didn't think I had anymore tears to cry after what happened. "I'll make sure there isn't a next time." He looked me in my eyes. "Stop crying and tell me."

"I don't trust you. Get away from me." I said pushing him away with my foot. He growled and stood up stomping out of the kitchen. The twins followed behind him then Chase and Tristan came back into the kitchen. "Can you stand?" Tristan asked looking down at me. I shook my head. "I don't think I can. I feel like I'm going to pass out just trying to hold my eyes open." Tristan looked to Chase, who was playing with the pliers. "Chase... Chase."

"Oh yeah sorry. Do you think you could cut someone's finger off with this?"

"I'm sure you could but can you find out later and cut the wires around his wrist?" Tristan rolled his eyes and looked to me. "U- oh don't worry, love. He's not going to cut your finger off... right Chase?"

"Oh yes sir never that. At least not on purpose." He smiled. "Give me the bloody pliers." Tristan snatched the pliers from Chase. "Go get him a water bottle." Tristan rolled his eyes. "Okie." Chase said walking to the pantry. Tristan took my wrists and cut the wire quickly. "Sorry, I get queasy around blood." He got up and walked out of the kitchen. I looked at my wrist, they were cut up and the bruising was worse then before. I pressed my lips together to keep them from quivering.

Chase came out and looked at me, he picked up a cloth, got it wet and sat next to me. He picked my up putting me on his lap. I flinched at first but then found his presence comforting and his touch surprisingly gentle. "Don't worry, Quinn will take care of them for you." He rested my head on my shoulder and gently wiped away the blood from my wrist. I sniffled. "Does he hate me?" I asked looking at him. Chase shook his head. "I don't think so. I mean we don't really know because he only ever tells Tristan anything." He shrugged and reached for the bandages that Tristan brought with him. I turned so he could see my wrist better. He wrapped both of them gently but snugly. "Thanks, Chase."  I leaned against his chest. "No problem." He reached over to grab the water bottle and handed to me.

The twins walked back in and looked at me then to Chase. "Quinn wants to speak with him." Levi spoke. I sighed. Chase stood up picking me up bridal style. He looked at me. "Don't worry. Where is he?" He looked at the twins again. "In the room between yours and Tristan's." Liam said picking something up from the floor. Chase walked out of the kitchen . "Y- you don't have to bring me in there." I looked up at Chase. He looked down at me. "You know... Quinn is a nice guy. He saved me and he still helps me to this day with things that are hard to deal with. It might be surprising but he does have a heart so just give him a ch- chance please."

I looked down. Then chase stopped at the doorway of the bedroom. I looked at Quinn who looked quite stressed. He looked up and looked to Chase then to me. Chase walked in and set me on Quinn's lap. "Here ya go." He said smiling and walked away. I tried getting up off Quinn's lap and running away from him but he wrapped his arms around me. "Let go!" I tried pushing him away.

"Will you just listen for one second?"

"I don't. Want to! You're "trustworthy friend" had his other friend come over and rape me! So, I don't trust you! You probably did that on purpose to teach me one of your stupid stupid lessons! Get off!"

His grip loosened and I almost fell over but he caught me. I looked at him but he was looking at the wall. He sighed and looked back at me. "You're hurting m- my wrist." I said quietly, looking at him. He let go. "I'm s-... um did you have something to eat today?" It sounded like he was going to say sorry but stopped himself. I nodded. "Good." He said. He picked me up only to turn around and place me on the bed. "Get some sleep." He stood up straight looking at me. "It's... late." He looked to the blankets the pulled them over me. I rolled my eyes. "Tha-..." he sighed and walked out the room.

——

"Morning sleeping beauty." Chase was sitting on the chair in front of the desk, smiling. I rolled my eyes at him and turned over. He peaked over me. "What was that for?"

"It's to early." I yawned. "Well... not really. It's nine o'clock but it sure is earlier then when your used to waking up. Did you always wake up late? I mean you went to college, right? So, you had to wake up earlier for classes at least on some days, right?" He sat at the end of the bed. ".... yeah." I responded. "Did you ever go to college, Chase?" I looked at him.

He shook his head. "I didn't even get to complete high school dropped out after I got expelled from three different schools my sophomore year."

"Why'd you get expelled?"

"I started a chemical fire in science... on purpose the first time. Then, I set fire in a toilet in the girls bathroom and wrote my ex's name over it in lambs blood the second time. Then the last time I had an episode at school and supposedly locked myself in the nurses office with a gun."

"Uh-... Oh." I sat up. He nodded, smiling then stopped smiling. "I never intended to hurt anybody though so don't be scared of me please." I shook my head. "No, I'm not scared of you." I smiled. "My ex said she supported me in everything and then I found out she was making fun of me behind my back and telling people things about me that I told her she couldn't tell anybody. Then she started making things up." He rolled his eyes. I scoffed. "Yeah... I had a best friend that did something similar."

"What 'bout your ex?" He laid back on the bed. "Oh... he cheated on me with my ex best friend... in a public bathroom at the bar." I sighed.

"Ex's." We both said. Chase laughed.

"Is there a reason you're in here? And by the way how long were you sitting there?" I asked him. "Hm... I'm not sure but... oh yeah I was sent in to get you for breakfast." He sat up and looked at the chair then back to me. "Oh." I smiled, chuckling a little. "So let's go." Chase reached his arms out to me and I climbed into them. "I can... walk myself." I told him as he got up. "Then why'd you climb into my arms, silly?" He chuckled.