34.

"Can't sleep?"

I shook my head sitting against the head board with my legs pulled up to my chest. "I'm sorry. I'll tr-."

"No, it's fine." He sighed. "I can't either." He sat up. I put my chin down on my arm and looked at him. "I know I said I wouldn't complain but I really don't want to go tomorrow." I looked down.

One day had already passed so fast. We had gotten in an argument about whether I have to leave tomorrow night or the next day in the morning but Quinn shut my side of the argument down quickly using his scary voice.

"I know El but... it's the safest way for you. If my father finds out about you there's no telling what he would do."

I crawled onto his lap and wrapped my arms tightly around him. "Promise you'll stay safe." He rubbed a hand on my back. "I... can't but I won't let him kill me." I sighed. "Quinn why are you trying to protect me? I really don't mat-."

"Don't say that."

"But it's-."

"No it's not. You matter to me... that's why." He squeezed me against his chest.

"I haven't been away from you that much and the times that I was I... I got hurt. I'm scared Quinn. What if I can't go back? What if they've forgotten about me or they just don't care? I don't even think I ca-."

"Shh, you'll be okay." He cooed, brushing a finger down the bridge of my nose. "Plus, we're coming to get you back after, remember?" His voice got softer. I nodded. "How long will that take?" I looked up at him. He shrugged. "I'm not sure as soon as I can though, alright?"

"Alright."

"I've thought about it and there's no other way that would guarantee your safety. You... I don't want you to go either. I'm scared too. Plus, I need you just as much as you need me."

I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Try to get some sleep, Baby." He said softly, rubbing his thumb against my cheek. I whined a little. "I won't have a grumpy kitten. So, calm yourself and try to get to sleep, please." He said laying down with me on his chest. I sighed. "Yes sir."

"Thank you." He pushed his fingers through my hair. I closed my eyes and tried to push the bad thoughts I was having about leaving out of my mind. I searched for something else to think about then I started listening to Quinn's heartbeat. I snuggled into him more and started falling asleep as he rubbed my back.

——

I woke up to the soft hum of his chest as he spoke to someone in the room.

"I've... been thinking about that." He said. "He's not going to like it whoever it is but I don't think all of us should go." Levi's voice said from the end of the bed. "And I don't think Chase should go." Liam's voice came from the same spot Levi's was. "No, I know. I don't think there's a way that could end well." Quinn raised a hand that I didn't even realize was there until he took it away. "Tristan is... uh..." Levi trailed off.

"Tristan is?" Tristan came into the room and crossed to the bed sitting on it next to Quinn. "Nothing." Quinn sighed. He put his hand back down on my back. "What're you talking about?" Tristan questioned. "Who should take him home." Quinn told him, pushing his fingers through my hair.

"I think you and Tristan should." Liam sat on the end of the bed. "But..." Tristan trailed off. "You can bring your laptop if you need too and do whatever you have to and I'll help with getting things ready here." Levi said. "Plus, I don't think he'll go without Quinn."

"Yeeeah."

"I just- I don't-." Quinn sighed.

I yawned and rubbed my eye with the knuckle of my finger. "Good morning." I yawned again. "Good morning, love. Are you hungry?" Tristan asked. "Um... yeah I am." I nodded. Tristan held out his hand. "Let's go get some breakfast." I took his hand and smiled at him tiredly.

Once we got into the kitchen I sat on the floor against the cabinets because I was too tired to get on the counter. I brought my knees up to my chest watching as Tristan made mine, Quinn, and his breakfast while simultaneously sipping on his tea.

My eyes trailed down to the spot on the ground where my blood still stained the wood flooring. I closed my eyes and sighed. Sometimes I just felt like a major inconvince to them. I can't fend for myself and I have no idea how to do a lot of the things they do... but also they made me feel like I was someone important and I haven't felt like that until I met them.

"El?"

I looked up. "Quinn." I stood up and reached my arms out to him. "What's the matter?" He said picking me up. I shook my head, rubbing my face on his shoulder. He sighed and rubbed my back. "You're never gonna live this down are you?"

I sniffled. "It's not that... well it is but it's everything else too."

"Like what baby?"

I whimpered but sat up from his shoulder and pointed to the stain in the corner of the kitchen. Quinn pushed my head back down to his shoulder once he realized what I was pointing at. "You're just stressed out right now. You're okay." He sighed. "It'll be okay."

"I'm... sorry. I didn't even notice..."

"It's alright, Tristan."

——

The rest of the day I was either latched to Quinn's side or on top of him. I didn't want to let go because after tonight I didn't know when I would see him again.

"Bye." I hugged onto Chase after saying bye to the twins and Gunner. He hugged me and rested his chin on my head. "Bye kitten, stay safe." I gave him a squeeze and backed up to go on my tippy toes. He leaned down and kissed me. "You stay safe too, okay?" I looked into his eyes and smiled even though tears were falling down my face. "I'll try." He chuckled and wiped away some of my tears. I hugged him again chuckling lightly.

I finally forced myself to let go of him and I turned around to Quinn reaching his hand out to me. I took his head and turned around to wave goodbye.

We didn't take the van but a smaller car. It was an older car that had three seats in the front and I was stuffed in the middle comfortably. It was late but I'm guessing Quinn decided we go as late as we could so I didn't complain.

But...

I wasn't going to. I figured it just make it harder on everybody if I did.

I held Tristan's hand loosely in case he needed for driving and leaned against Quinn. "You're awfully quiet." Quinn said softly while he looked out the window. I shrugged. "I..." I whimpered.

I knew it...

As soon as I opened my mouth I started crying. Tristan squeezed my hand. Quinn sighed and unbuckled my seat belt, bringing me onto his lap. "Thaaat makes me nervous." Tristan said. I giggled a little. "It's not funny you should buckle up." He told me. "And you not keeping your eyes on the road is making me nervous. Worry about yourself." Quinn grumbled.

Tristan rolled his eyes.

Quinn huffed and took off his seat belt.

"Qui-."

He put the seat belt around the both of us, only making us closer. "Better?" Quinn looked at Tristan. "Not really but... what if we get pulled over?" Tristan glanced at Quinn. Quinn pulled open the glove box and pulled out some papers. "License and registration." He handed them to Tristan. "Plus, it's dark out no one will be out. I... think." Tristan glanced at them a couple times and handed them back to Quinn, who put them back in the glove box.

"How did you eve-."

"Mph." I whimpered. Quinn chuckled. "That was a big bump you hit there." He looked at Tristan. "Uhm sorry. I can't help the way the road is." Tristan replied, rolling his eyes a bit.

Quinn gripped my hips forcing me down on the growing bulge in his pants. I tried pulling his hands away. "No- not right now." I tried protesting. He grabbed my throat and pushed me against his chest with some force. "Not right now?" He asked. I shook my head, looking at him. "So... if I were to check right now you wouldn't... be turned on, so to speak?" His other hand gripped my thigh squeezing it. I looked down and tried to close my legs but he kept pulling them apart. "N- no." I was lying.

"Hmm fine." He let go. "I'll just let you sit there until it hurts so bad your begging me to fuck you." He sucked in a breath. "Right here." He said through clenched teeth. "We have six hours pretty boy. Let's see how long you can last."