30.

After a while of us doing nothing but switching seating and sighing Quinn came downstairs with Tristan. He was holding his wrist but he wasn't dragging him down here although Tristan was walking with his head down.

"I'm... sorry." He wiped his eyes with the palm of his hand. "It's not your fault." I said softly. I wanted to cry seeing him cry. "It's really not." Liam said. "I... know that I just wanted to apologize because I am sorry." He sniffled. "It's just as much anybody else's job to keep each other safe as it is yours." Levi said. I nodded and looked at Tristan. He smiled sadly and looked down again. Quinn pulled him into a hug. "You should go make yourself some tea and relax." He rubbed his back. Tristan nodded and walked back upstairs.

Quinn watched as he went up and turned back to us. "Um... they're trying to find us and knowing my father once he does he'll give us a certain amount of days to give him what he wants or he will come and get it himself. So, we shouldn't go out or do any jobs for anyone for a while till I can figure something out for us."

"But Quinn what does he want?" I asked.

"He... That doesn't concern you. Don't worry about it."

Levi got up from the chair he was sitting in. "I'll make dinner." He said. Chase stood up from sitting against the wall. "I gotta go talk to Chance." Quinn and I watched chase walk to the stairs. We looked at each other. "Is he..."

Quinn shrugged and came over to stand between my legs. "I don't even know."

"When are we going to..." I looked down. He chuckled. "Patient."

"I am I am I am."

"No you're really not but that's okay I'll teach you." He squeezed my cheeks. "Um, do I... have to sit in my own seat?" I tilted my head. Quinn looked up and twisted his lips to the side, thinking. "Hmm... no but you have to behave yourself."

Him saying that made me not want to behave myself but I kept my thoughts to myself. "Um yeah." I bit my lip smiling. He narrowed his eyes at me. "Alright, don't hate me if you get yourself in trouble."

"I won't."

"Also, just in case your uncomfortable or want me to stop come up with a safe word."

"A safe word." I shivered. "What're you... um okay how bout..." I looked around the room for inspiration. "Red." I said looking at the color of the fabric covering the chairs then at him. He nodded. "Works for me."

"What about yours?"

"Me? I don't... um green."

I chuckled. "But green means go." He shook his head. "Not in this case." He put his hand around my neck and pushed my chin to looked up with his thumb. Then after looking into my eyes for what seemed like forever, he pressed his lips onto mine. It was a short lived kiss but he pulled away slowly.

I gave him a small smile, biting my lip.

"Don't do that." He said softly, pulling my lip down with his thumb. "Don't do what?" I bit my lip even more noticeably this time. He opened his mouth to say something but instead he turned around and started walking. I raised an eyebrow. "Are you trying to ignore me?" I chuckled. He said nothing and started to up the stairs. I hopped off the table, following him.

"I will straight jacket the both of you if you don't calm the fuck down." I heard Tristan yell as we opened the door to the basement. "What's happening?" Quinn asked as we got into the living room. Tristan sighed. "The twins are having one of their fights again."

A clanging sound was heard in the kitchen.

"You fucking idiot!" Levi yelled. Quinn went to the kitchen. I looked at Tristan. "Are you okay now? Did Quinn apologize to you?" I questioned. He chuckled and ruffled my hair. "To answer both questions simply, yes."