12.

"Quinn, it's not his fault he didn't know." Tristan spoke quietly from the other room. I know sat on across both Levi's and Liam's lap listening to Quinn and Tristan's conversation because Quinn got mad at me for what I said earlier.

"Quinn just gets really defensive over..."

"Everything." They both said. "I... I've found this out." I picked at my nails.

Tristan's mother died of cancer and she suggested that he try finding a cure before he knew she was sick. He took that literally and made himself too busy to make time to spend with his mother. He still hates himself for not realizing his mother was sick and not spending the last of her time with her. It was only them in their house because his father died after doing a dangerous job for a company when Tristan was ten. They don't know all the details of his death only that he did for sure die. Tristan ran away then Quinn and Gunner found him, taking him in.

That's what the twins told me, anyways.

"But I'm not even mad about it. You just need to relax." Tristan told Quinn. Levi and Liam looked at each other. "I wonder why Tristan's the only one that can talk like that to Quinn." Liam whispered. "Beats me." Levi shrugged.

"He shou-."

"He did. He said sorry. Go to your room and pack for tonight."

I did say sorry only about twenty times.

There was a silence after that for a long time.

"Fine." Quinn breathed out. Tristan came back into the living room. He sighed and looked at me. I looked away. "Let me-." He started talking to the twins. "Ah no you gave him up." Liam said. "Only to talk to Quinn." Tristan glared at him.

"Are you fighting over me?"

"No." Tristan and Liam said. "Yeah." Levi disagreed. "Oh?" I raised an eyebrow. Tristan sighed. "I... want to go talk to Quinn anyways." I said, getting up.

"Mmm... I don't think that's a good idea, Kitten. He's kinda... uh mad at you specifically."

"Kitten?" I asked.

"Uh..." Liam looked away. Levi rolled his eyes. "It's what we call you when we're talking about you via text message or something like that... because we can't use your real name... just in case."

"So... that's why he called me you guys's pet."

"Who, Kitten?"

"Liam." Levi punched Liam in the arm lightly. "What? He knows now so there's no point in keeping it from him. Plus, I like it. It's cute... it fits him." Liam chuckled. "Uh..." I looked back to Tristan. "Nathan called me that... but I feel a little better knowing you guys came up with it first."

"Nathan?" The twins asked. "Snake." Tristan replied.

Oh right, I called him Nathan over and over in my head I had forgot what other people know him as.

"Oh, I won't call you that if you don't like it." Liam held my hands in his. I shook my head. "I don't mind."

"Chase actually came up with it." Tristan said looking at Chase still asleep on the couch. He looked comfortably peaceful when he slept. I chuckled a bit. "That makes it all the much better. Can I go now?" I looked back to Liam who was still holding hands. "Yeah." He smiled and placed my hand at my side. I smiled back and turned around to Tristan. "Thanks."

"No problem, Kitten." He smiled a bit and ruffled my hair.

I went up to Quinn's room and stood in front of the door. Trying to think of what to say to him or ask him. All I knew was that I was going to ask him why he was being a jerk. Maybe not, he's already mad at me. I turned around to lean against the door while I was thinking but I landed on the floor in his room. I flinched as his steel toed boots came down on either side of my head.

"I- I'm sorry." I turned myself over and propped myself onto my knees. He just stared at me blanked faced. "I'm- I'll go." I got up and turned around but he grabbed my wrist. I winced. "Ow." He let go. "What did you come in here for?" He asked.

Why did I come in here?

"I- I- I didn't mean to. I... I don't remember. I had a reason though." I looked to my hands. "You broke a rule." He spoke emotionlessly. "That wasn't a rule." I pouted. "Two..." he sighed. "Fine." I looked to his bed all the way across the room.

This was a ginormous room, you could fit like thirty bunk beds in here. Maybe not, but still. His bed was placed in front of a floor to ceiling window but there was long drapes pulled almost all the way closed. There was a chandelier and the walls had beautiful black and white detailed wallpaper and the carpet matched. You could see easily which room the people that designed the building wanted to finish first.

"Are you done?"

I looked back at him. "D- done what?" He rolled his eyes. "Snooping. I should've never told you my room was off limits. It only peaked your curiosity, didn't it?" He picked me up and put me over his shoulder. "No, I- I wasn't that curious. I wanted to talk to you about something. Why would I be trying to snoop when your in there?" I pressed a hand against his back. He closed the door to his room and started walking down the stairs. "I don't know but you've never made sense to me anyways."

"But..."

"Do you really wanna talk back again?" He asked. "No... sir." I sighed and let myself droop over his shoulder. "Quinn you can't." Tristan stood outside of his room. "He's already hurt."

"That's his fault."

"It's really not. He was going up to talk-."

Quinn pulled Tristan into the room and slammed the door behind us. He dropped me on the bed. "I'm tired of him listening to everybody but me."

"Well, maybe if you weren't so rough he would listen to you." He whisper yelled. Quinn crossed his arms. "He's been that way since the twins and Chase brought me here." Tristan frowned and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, and you've been the same way since he's been here. You basically scared him to death the first day."

"I wouldn't have had to if-."

Tristan grabbed Quinn's shirt pulling him down into a kiss. "Stop it. Calm down... please." He pushed him back. Quinn frowned. I think that made him even more mad. Tristan put up a fight but Quinn pushed him out of the room.

Quinn sighed as he sat down on the bed. I crawled over to him from sitting against the wall. "Quinn..."

"What?" He said sharply. "I won't resist this time. I'll be good." I swallowed thickly. He looked at me. "Come here then." His voice was calmer as he pat his lap. I nodded and laid myself across his lap.

His hand was gentler this time. It still hurt and I could feel warm tears roll down my cheeks but I made little to no sound knowing from previous times that it could make it worse if I did. I also didn't want to worry Tristan or anybody else for that matter. He also still held my hands above my head with one of his hands which also hurt because my wrist.

I clenched my teeth as I thought he was getting ready to smack me again but nothing came. He sat me on his lap and I grimaced but leaned into his chest. "Th- that was only t- ten." I sniffled and held one of my wrist in my hand. "You were good, Kitten." He wiped tears from my face. I smiled as he kissed my forehead.

"Quinn?" I queried after a couple minute of quietness. "Yes?" He took one of my wrist in his hand unwrapping the bandages from it. "Do you... hate me?" I watched as he unwrapped the other. "No." He answered simply. I figured that was all I was going to get so I didn't press for anything more. The other wrist had blood trickling down it and he made a quiet grunting sound as the blood landed on his pants. "I- I'm sorry Quinn." I looked to him. "It's not your fault." He said reaching over to the nightstand and grabbing a tissue to wrap around my wrist.

He pressed it with some pressure but enough to hurt a lot and carried me out to the kitchen, placing me on the counter when we got out there. "Hold this." I held the tissue to my wrist trying to match the same pressure that he put. I waited and looked to the oven for the time.

One of the twins came into the kitchen instead of Quinn with the bandages after like an hour. "Sorry, Quinn's dealing with Chase." I saw that it was Levi as he got closer. "He woke back up?" I looked at him as he wrapped my wrist in bandages. He looked at me and nodded.

"Is he okay?"