18.

I could hear Tristan and Quinn arguing a couple feet away as I sat in the back of the truck kicking up the gravel. They had looked at me a couple of times but I don't think they were talking about me the whole time.

"He's not going to give us the money that he said he would." Tristan's voice raised. Quinn sighed. "I know that but wasn't ever going to give us that much anyways. He only said that because he knew it would get us interested. You know this." Tristan was quiet for a second. "Why can't you tell him?"

"You know why. I already told you."

"Yeah but-."

"He's not the only boss we have. Well find more jobs and get more money, okay?"

"Okay." Tristan started walking back to the van and Quinn walked inside to get the others. When Tristan got in his chair in the front seat, I stuck my head between the two chairs. "Are you mad at me?" He didn't look at me or say anything just shook his head.

"Okay." I sat back against the van it was cold so I put a blanket over my shoulders. "I'm just... conflicted. I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel like that." Tristan said after a couple of minutes. "It's okay." I said crawling back into the spaces between the chairs again. He looked at me and smiled softly. "That purple makes the green in your eyes look absolutely gorgeous." He put a hand on my cheek. I smiled and leaned into it. "Thanks."

"No problem, love." He kissed the tip of my nose. He looked at my lips then kissed me gently. He smiled and pressed his forehead to mine. I looked into his dark green eyes and smiled softly. "Oh, here, love. Take this." He pulled out a bottle of pills and put one in my hand. "It's a further drive."

"What about Quinn? Won't he be tired?"

"The drowsiness doesn't last for long so he should be fine." He handed me a water bottle. "Oh okay." I took the pill and drank some of the water. "Oh, do you think you could do something for us, El?" He took the water back when I handed it back. I nodded. "Well... that depends on what it is actually."

"It's nothing to hard. Just when we stop for gas could you be the one to pay for it in the gas station."

I nodded. "Yeah that's easy." He placed a hand on my head. "Okay, good. Also, we might need coffee and food."

"Got it. I can do that for you guys."

"Do what for us, Kitten?" Chase pulled me into his lap and wrapped his arms around me tightly. I looked up at him. "Pay for gas." He closed one of his eyes and titled his head. "What?" I asked. "Mmm... not in that outfit." He said. I chuckled. "Why not Chasie? Don't cha like it?"

"I do and I'm worried other people will like it just as much as I do." He played with the hem of the skirt. Who knew Chase could be just as possessive as Quinn? "Oh!" He said and laid his hand on my thigh. "Tristan, did you know I'm nineteen now?"

Tristan coughed and choked on the water he drank. "H- how'd you... uh no I didn't know."

"Oh well Chance told me last night." He lifted his hand but I grabbed it and put it back where it was. "Oh?" Tristan said. Chase didn't even notice what I did. "Yeah, it was like a dream though because he was in front of me."

"Like a dream?" Tristan turned around. Chase nodded. "Because I wasn't asleep." He shrugged. I placed my hand over his and curled my fingers into his hand. "Are you okay though?" Tristan asked. Chase nodded. "I'm okay. Nothing bad happened."

"Good." Tristan turned back around and sipped his water. "Okay." Quinn said getting in the van. He sat down and I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Quinn did you-."

"What did you do Quinn?" Liam asked. "Goldman's really mad." Levi closed the back doors. "Quinn." Tristan sighed. Quinn chuckled. "Don't worry about it? Everything's alright." I crawled over to Quinn and sat on my legs in front of him. I touched his lip gently with my thumb. "Did... you get hurt?" He grabbed my hand and put it on my lap. "I'm fine."

"But-."

"Stop."

"Yes sir. I'm sorry." Climbed onto his lap. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me. "Here Quinn." Tristan turned around and handed him the same pill he gave me. Quinn looked at it and shook his head. "I don't need it." Tristan rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fine, whatever but if you thro-."

"I'm not going to." He squeezed my arm. I winced. "Okay, okay." Tristan put his hands up. "Quinn." I said softly. "Your hurting me." He let go of my arm and blood trickled down onto the blanket that was under us. "Shit." I let go of a breath I was holding. "It's okay." I looked at my arm where he had left nail marks.

"We should stop to gas soon. So, we can get bandages and stuff at the gas station." Tristan said looking at me. "And coffee." Chase added. "No." Everyone else said. "But... I like coffee." He shrugged. "How much do even have?" Quinn asked. "Of what? Money... mm." Tristan opened the glove box and a couple dollar bills fell out. He picked them up and grabbed a wad of cash counting it. "About four hundred fifty."

"Well... we all didn't eat lunch so we should do that." I said. "Yeah, but it'll look suspicious if one person goes in to get lunch for seven people." Levi laid down on his stomach. "We should send Gunner in with him." Liam suggested. "Will you be willing to do that Gunner?" Quinn looked in the review mirror. Gunner looked back and nodded.

After maybe an hour of driving I got sleepy but I didn't want to fall asleep because I didn't know when we would stop and I wanted to make sure I did what I had to do.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes frustratedly. "What's your problem?" Quinn looked at me. I was sitting next to him now because his legs were falling asleep. "Nothing." I replied. "I gave him the medicine so he's probably getting tired by now." Tristan said looking at the time on his watch. I shook my head. "I'm not I'm fine." I pulled the blanket I had on my lap over my head. "If you're tired you should sleep. Don't try to fight it. It'll only make you more tired in the long run." Quinn pulled the blanket off my head.

"But I wanna be able to do what I need to and I can't if I'm asleep."

"It's okay, Kitten." Chase said. "We'll wake you up if you're not already up." He was pretty quiet during car rides for some reason. "Okay I guess." I sighed.