1

My alarm clock rings. I feel too tired but my alarm is more annoying. I smash it until it finally shuts up. "Oh, college." I run my fingers through my messy hair, it was my first day of college. I was excited for college for some reason, probably because it was a way to be free from Greg, he is my boyfriend. He abuses me when he says I do something wrong or he just doesn't give a crap and just wants to hit me. I have tried one time to break up with him, but he got drunk and he took advantage of me, I lost everything... I can't leave him or he will do everything again, probably worse. I jumped out of bed and into my bathroom to brush the mess I called hair, "For a first day of school, what is the type of hairstyle?", I thought for a while, "It depends on the outfit, too", I looked for something to wear. I searched for something that men wouldn't be into, ever since that happened I have never trusted a man. "Dirty preverts!" I thought. I found an Imagine Dragons tank top, my favorite band, Demons is my favorite because it sounds sad and I understand the message, some jeans and boots. I looked back in my bathroom mirror, "Maybe a braid." I looked at myself braiding my hair. I felt too revealing from my arms, I don't like showing skin. I put on a gray sweater, "Shit what time is it!" I remembered class started at 8:15, I panick too much, it is barely, 7:25. "I have time, pancakes!!", I made some pancakes. I chewed every piece of it and flavored it. "Mmm...syrup.", it is a habit of mine that I add too much syrup, but we are all still kids inside. I finished my pancakes and put the plate in the sink, "I'll wash it when I come back." I got my earbuds and started to listen to music in my phone, of course Imagine Dragons. Some other songs but I put this one song I loved so much on repeat, "Thousand Years" I have cried to it. I got my backpack and books, and left my apartment. "Did I lock it?", I ran back to my door. "Yep, unlocked, could've gotten robbed, I'm so stupid.", I locked it. As I turned to go again on my way to college, I bumped into someone. "Ah!" I yelped, I fell to the ground, "Oww!" the floor was hard, "Sorry lady, I didn't mean to." I looked up and saw a man with a big smile, rosy cheeks, and beautiful blue eyes. He wore a flat cap and a blue sweater. He offered me his hand but I got up on my own, "Hey are you alright?" he asked, "Yes.", my butt hurt, I kept walking to my college, just a few blocks away. I heard footsteps behind me, "Wait, lady!", the same man was running towards me, I stopped just to see what he wanted. "Please don't call me lady." I said, "You-You left your book back there." he said sounding breathless, I took the book back, "Thank you." I said and continued on my way. "So you're in college too, huh.", I nodded. "Hey what is your name?", "None of your business, now be a dear, and get away from me." I said to him, he grabbed my wrist, I quickly took my hand out of his grasp, and ran the rest of the way to college.
When I arrived, I went to the office to ask for my classes, "Here you go, dear.", the secretary seemed so nice, "Thank you." geez, it was not gonna be easy to find these classes. "Don't worry, a student will help you out." she got the phone, "Hello, yes please send Sean to the office.", oh no is a guy gonna come, god! "Hey what did I get called for?", he asked as he entered, "Sean this is a new student, and since you have similar classes I want you to show her around and make her feel welcomed.", "Oh yeah I bumped into her this morning.", so his name is Sean. "Okay go.", he and I walked around the campus, "So what is your name?", "(yn) and you are Sean." I said, "Yeah but call me Jack.", "So here is our first class." did he just say "our" I did not look forward to this, "But we are excused for today, and you can just follow me to the rest of the classes and you should be good to go." I looked at the sky, "So beautiful this morning.", "Finally you stopped being so shy. Why are you shy?" he asked curiously, "I'm not gonna tell you." I replied, I felt if I talked to guys, they would be near me, but I can't stand them I feel like they are gonna hurt me again. I sat on a bench but he sat next to me, "Please why can't you tell me?", "I don't trust men.", he did a puppy dog face as he put his arm around me. I felt uncomfortable as he scooted in closer, "Jack.", I said, as Jack was gonna talk the bell rung. "Lets go to the other classes." I followed Jack and the rest of the day was okay I guess, but in my other class I had to sit next to Jack, "Hey (yn).", I didn't look up, no one in the class wanted to sit next to me, but Jack he did. As the teacher continued on, I saw that Jack was looking at me, "What?", I asked "Nothing." he turned back and wrote down notes. "I can't keep my eyes off you.", Jack said, filthy I thought. He played with my hair, I loved it but I didn't want to have men touching my hair, "Touch your own hair." I said in a hushed voice, "Nah yours is smoother than my hair.", I looked at his flat cap, his hair wasn't able to see. "Stop, last chance.", I said, "Or else what?", he kept twirling my hair, I hit his cap causing it to fall on the floor. "You dare disrespect the cap, but you know I can always pick it up." I stared at him, "Hmm, I wonder." he said, "What?" he put his cap on my head, "You do look very cute in it." he said, I took it off and handed it back to him, I hate when men tell me I'm cute, not just men but everyone, I am not.
After school, I walked home, "Oh my gosh! I forgot my phone!" I quickly ran back to get my phone from my previous class. "Where is it?", "Well hey sweetheart." I turned to see Jack, "Go away! I'm a bit busy as you can see.", "Oh are you sure you're not interested in this?", I saw Jack holding my phone, "Jack give it back!", "No!", he made a pouty face and ran off. "Damn it, Jack!", I yelled as I chased him home, since we live next to each other.