26

I checked the pregnancy test, I'm not pregnant. I felt relieved. When I walked out, I curled up on my bed eating my candy. Suddenly Jack jumps on my bed, "Hey!", "Jack, you scared me.", "I know.", he giggled, "Jack, I took a pregnancy test.", "And?", "And I'm not pregnant.", "Oh, that's good.", I looked at him puzzled, "I thought...", "Well you did say how you didn't want to get out of college and we aren't ready for a baby, yet.", he smiled, "And besides, someday we will have a kid of our own, and it will be totally BOSS.", Jack said as he hugged me. I looked up at him, "I love you.", I whispered into his chest, "So do I.", "Thanks for being with me here. And for understanding.", "I would do these things all over again.", he layed down with me on his chest. His heart beat was loud, but it was like a lullaby.
In the morning, Jack wasn't home. Hopefully, he went to Starbucks because I was hungry. My belly growled, "Stupid belly.", I thought, I curled up on the couch.
*Jack pov
I woke up with (yn) on my chest, "Such a sleepy head.", I whispered before planting a kiss on her cheek. Gently, I got out of bed. Needed to go for a walk, my head was full of thoughts. Maybe by the time I return, (yn) will still be sleeping.
As I walked out and shut the door, my phone rang. I ignored it thinking it would probably be Sandy trying to find out what happened just so she can tell people. Continuing on my walk, I noticed there were not a lot of cars out, just a bunch of kids running around and riding bikes. But whatever. I looked at the sidewalk thinking about everything that has happened, esspecially the day I met (yn). I don't know why I kept thinking about it, I guess because it was such a special day. I got so lost in my thoughts, that I ended up in front of a store. When I enter thee store I was greeted by an old man, "Welcome young man.", "Hello sir.", I smiled, and walked around the store. Probably the owner, he was so polite. I didn't know what to get, I wasn't expecting to end up here. I just got some of (yn)'s favorate candy, "Will this be all?", the man asked, "Yeah, I gotta get home.", "Alright that will be one dollar.", I was surprised how cheep the candy cost. As soon as I payed, someone bumped into me, "Oh sorry.", I said, when I looked at the person, it was Dylan's mother. She looked like any ordinary mom, but she had dark rings under her eyes, "Oh, aren't you that boy that was with the girl at the hospital?", I guess she remembers me too, "Yeah.", "My apologises, you must think I'm stupid.", "No ma'am, I'm just a bit surprised you remembered me.", "Well, on that day, I remembered everything.", her eyes got watery, "I'm so sorry about Dylan. I understand how you must feel.", she rubbed her eyes, "No, I shouldn't be sobbing. By the way, who was that young lady with you?", "(yn), my girlfriend.", "Oh yes, Dylan often came home and told us about (yn). Saying how amazing she was.", "She truly is.", she smiled, "And she was so close to Dylan. When he passed, she locked herself in her room, refusing to bathe, eat, or even talk to me.", I said, "She sometimes still cries.", "Please take care of her, you wouldn't want to lose her, like I did both of my children.", "I am. She still a bit depressed, but she's a working progress.", "Yes, and please give her this. It was just a reminder that Dylan's gone.", she handed me a shirt, "I'm so sorry, but I can't take this.", it was Dylan's she would need it, "No, please, give it to her. Please.", I looked at her, "Okay ma'am.", she hugged me then walked around the shop. I shrugged my shoulders and began walking back home.
When I was outside the apartment my phone rang again, "Hello.", I answered, "Hey Jackarooney!", it was just Mark, "Oh hey.", "What's wrong, Jack? You sound a bit sad.", "Just some stuff.", "Right. So is she preggers?", "No.", "Oh, okay.", "Is that all? I kinda gotta go.", "Yeah. Bye Jackarooney.", "Later Markimoo." I hung up and entered the apartment. On the couch layed a sleepy (yn), "So cute.", I placed the candy in her arms. Should I give her the shirt? I know Dylan's mom asked me to, but how will (yn) be? I think I probably shouldn't, (yn) will be depressed, but maybe I should for Dylan. We didnt get along much, but I still respect him. I sat on the couch, with (yn)'s head on my lap, I didn't mind. It felt kind of sweet.
*Your pov
I dosed off, I meant to just close my eyes. I guess I was really tired. When I slowly opened my eyes, my favorate candy was in my arm. I sat up, "You're finally awake.", I looked at Jack, "Yeah.", streched my arms, "Thanks for the candy.", I instantly opened the bag, "I went for a walk.", "Cool. Why didn't you wake me? I like going for walks.", "You looked so cute sleeping.", "Sure.", I said sarcasticly, "Also, when I was coming back, I bumped into someone.", "Who?", "Dylan's mom.", I stayed quiet, and Jack began talking again, "She said she wanted me to give you something.", Jack held a shirt, Dylan's shirt. I slowly grabbed it and hugged it, "She said it was a reminder to her and she didn't want it.", "Why would she give a stranger her son's shirt?", "Because Dylan told her all about you, and she knows how special you are.", I looked up at Jack, with tears in my eyes, "R-Really?", he nodded. Dylan told his parents about me? That I'm special? I cried into the shirt and Jack wrapped his arms around me, "It's okay.", "Th-Thank you, J-Jack.", I managed to say between my sobs, "Don't cry.", he gently petted my head, "Dylan is with Liza. Remember?", I wiped my eyes and nodded. I did my best to controll myself, "You feeling better now?", "Yes.", I smiled and walk to my room with the shirt still in my arms. I unfold the shirt and examine it. It was a grey American Eagle shirt. The shirt looked pretty big, too big. But it still reminded me of him.
I fell asleep wearing the shirt.