24

I sat next to Jack in the hospital. Strange being back here. Hopefully, they can do something to help Dylan. His parents sat one seat away from me. Dylan's mother cried. In my thoughts, he was going to be fine, but in reality he lost so much blood. He can die, "(yn).", I turned to Jack, "Don't worry. Remember what he said.", I nodded, "And I hope not, but if he does pass away, then he will be reunited with Liza.", Jack whispered, "Y-Yeah.", he wrapped his arm around me.
After an hour or so, the doctor came out, "Are you all here with Dylan Johnson?", we nodded, "I'm sorry, we can't do anything, he has only a matter of time.", Dylan's mother began crying harder. Jack hugged me, I cryed in his arms. Sure when we first met, he was a jerk, but now that I know him more and his past I felt sad. Jack wiped my eyes, "(yn), Dylan asked to see you.", the doctor said, I turned to Jack then to the doctor and started following him.
When I entered, I saw Dylan with wires in his hands, and that beeping. I stood next to his bed, "D-Dylan?", I whispered, he slowly turned his head to me and smiled, he held my hand, "I'm so sorry, Dylan. I should have gotten shot instead of you. That damn Greg!", my grip his hand tightly, "(yn), I would have taken the bullet for you anytime.", he said sounding tired. I kept crying, "How did you know to come to my house?", "Well, I needed to apologize for kissing you at the park and yelling. I knew you were with Jack and I felt heartbroken.", "I know how it feels.", I said, "Take care.", he whispered.
The beeping stopped, I gave him a soft kiss on the cheek. When the doctors came in, I left the room. Jack put his hand on my shoulder, "He's gone.", I said, he kissed my cheek, "Let's go.", he said. Jack held my hand and we began walking home. I felt depressed.
When we arrived, I walked to my bed. I needed to just rest. A lot has happened and I feel like it's my fault. Tears fell from my eyes, Dylan is dead. I never expected this.
*****
"(yn), are you alright?", Jack came in my room. It has been a few days since Dylan died, "N-No." I said, I haven't talked either so when I did, my throat hurt. He sat next to me, "Can you look at me?", I stayed quiet, "Please.", I turned to face Jack, "Do you want to talk about this?", "Jack, I just want to cry it out.", he placed his hand on my face to wipe my tears, "Crying won't help, it has happened and you need to stop. Ever since we came back, you have been sobbing.", "I know, but...", I stopped, "What?", "But he j-just wanted someone to care about him.", I felt more tears. Jack hugged me really tight, "He wanted to feel loved, like with his sister. Everytime h-he mentioned her, I knew he was happy when she was with him. They cared about each other. And now...", I cried in Jack's chest. He stroked my head. Suddenly my stomach growls, stupid, "Have you been eating?", Jack asked me, I shook my head, "See, this is what I mean, you shouldn't get stuck. You are starving yourself.", "I don't mind, really. Just the annoying growls are what kind of bother me.", "Then eat.", "I can't.", "Why?", "I can't.", more tears fell. Jack sighed, "I know how you must feel knowing that he is gone, but remember, do you really think Dylan wants to see you like this?", I looked up at him, I said that to Dylan, "Think about that. I'll be recording.", he kissed my head before getting up and walking out my room.
Jack is right, I shouldn't get stuck. Dylan is dead. My mind just hasn't processed that yet. So, I have two options, "Get better and join Jack, or keep crying, starve myself to death, and make Jack worry more.", I knew the answer. I wiped my eyes, "No more tears.", I tried to stand up, but my leg felt werid. When was the last time I walked? I stumbled a bit, but I made it to the bathroom in my room.
I looked into the mirror, my eyes were puffy. I lifted my shirt, god, it was horrifying, "I'll eat after.", the shower looked different, maybe, because I haven't shower in a while. Gross. The water was warm. Jack really wanted me to get better, I was doing this for him.
After a good 10 minutes, I got out with a towel and picked my clothes. (of course undies)and just my warm sweater and pajama shorts. Simple. I looked back in the mirror, baggy eyes. It's still better than puffy ones. My belly growled once more, "Now to eat.", I walked to the door and turned the doorknob. Been a while since I've gotten out of that dark room. The apartment was so bright. Slowly, I walked downstairs into the kitchen. Everything seemed different. I have forgotten about this place. Where are the cookies, again? I tried to remember, "Oh.", I checked a cupboard and saw Chips Ahoy. My favorite. (nw: I dont know what your fav cookies are.) I just took one, and bit it, felt good to eat. Coffee. I remember where the ingredients were.
So warm, I grabbed the mug with both of my hands and drank. Jack will be happy to know I'm eating a bit. He won't have to worry. I set the mug back down on the counter. Just because I'm gonna start being myself again, it doesn't mean I'm gonna forget about Dylan. I won't. I drank again. "Ouch!" I burnt my tongue a bit, but it didn't matter much. "It would burn today and stop another day.", I whispered, then I realized what I said, "It would burn today and stop another day.", I repeated, "Just like in this situation. Dylan, why did you leave?", a single tear fell, "Nope. No more tears.", "I told myself as I wiped my eyes. I drank again and set the cup down.
I thought for a while. And soon I was bored, I reached to drink when I found out, there was no more coffee. I placed the cup in the sink and washed it. "What time is it?", I checked, "One forty-seven pm." I read on my phone. There was a mess on the counter, "Geez.", I grabbed paper towels and began cleaning. I finished cleaning and sat on a chair twiddling my fingers. I sighed. Suddenly, I felt warm arms around me, when I looked up, I saw Jack, "Hey.", I whispered. Jack kissed my head, "Thank you.", he said, I smiled. When he let go, I stood up and kissed him. I put my hands on his shoulders. He looked at me, "I'm glad you're getting better.", "Well, I'm trying to.", I said. I placed my head on his chest when I hugged him again. It's like this never happened, Dylan dying. Maybe I feel safe and reassured because Greg is dead. I didn't feel bad,he deserved it, but worse. I put all my anger in the bullet and shot him.
Jack carried me to his recording room, "What are you doing?", I asked, "Wanna play 5 Nights at Freddy's?", Jack made his puppy face, I nodded, and sat next to him,"This time, don't make me lose.", I teased, "Fine.", I put on the headphones and started night 3.