11

I woke up, Monday. My room empty. I got up and put on my sweater, I didn't care about the shirt, I just wanted to get to school and finish that day already. Some shorts and converse. I saw Starbucks on the counter, "Jack, I miss you." Greg must have left it for me, he was here. Greg usually goes out in the morning. I saw some cookies and my favorite drink. My phone buzzed, Sandy.
Sandy: goodmorning!
Me: good morning
Sandy: Im outside your door so please open
She knocked. As I opened it, I saw her with a big smile. "Hey!", "Hi.." I whispered, as she came in. "What's wrong?", Sandy asked, I explained to her about the text Jack sent and even showed it to her. "Oh, sorry. You must feel bad.", "No. I feel heart-broken.", I said. "We should go now.", I said, "Wait, um.. The thing I had to tell you was...", we were outside my door, "I used to kind of have a crush on Jack, and that's why I posted the picture, I was jealous you were gonna kiss him so... I'm sorry." she said, I can't believe it I was hit because of her who was jealous! "I have to go." as I turned I bumped into Jack, "(yn)", he said, tears were in my eyes, I ran away from him, "Wait!" Without thinking, I kept crying and finally stopped in front of a shop. "Why does he still talk to me?", "Is that you sweety?", I turned to see Dylan, "What do you want?", "Nothing, don't worry, I won't kiss you.", he giggled, I just sniffled, "What's wrong?", "None of your business.", "Come on, please.", I shook my head, "Please?", "No.", I kept walking and he followed, "Then fine, can you at least tell me your name?", I didn't want to be mean. "(yn).", "Wonderful." he stuck out his hand to shake. The way to college was just him following me, "So you in college?", I asked, "Yeah.", "Then why don't I see you?", "I sometimes ditch.", "Really?", he was in college and ditched classes, "So is Sean your boyfriend?", he meant Jack, "No, we don't talk anymore.", "Is that why you were crying?", I nodded, "Why did you ask?", "Don't worry I won't date you.", "Then why did you kiss me twice?", I smirked, "When I see something pretty, I kiss.", he joked, "Well, we are here.", "Can you come with me to ask my teacher about something?", "Sure." we left to my class.
*Jack pov
"Wait!", I yelled but she had already ran off, "Jack, why did you tell her that? She showed me your text.", "It's...it's complicated, Sandy. Something you can't know, it will put her in danger.", I walked on to class, Sandy followed. "So Sandy, did (yn) tell you anything else?", I asked, "Only that.", I nodded "And Jack I have to tell you, I used to have a crush on you, and I got jealous when you were gonna kiss (yn), and that's why I posted the picture.", "What?", "I'm sorry." she was red. We walked to college, it was silent. She had a crush on me? That was a little awkward. "Jack, I'm sorry.", "Don't apologize to me.", she nodded.
When we arrived to class, I saw (yn) and that guy talking to the teacher. It was hard to hear them, but I knew I had to sit down. She came walking without looking at me she sat next to me. "(yn).", that guy sat next to her, "(yn).", "Jack, please.", "I can explain.", "Please, don't...", she turned away as class began. I felt her sadness, she couldn't look at me.
After college was finally was over, I walked to my apartment. I saw (yn) saying bye to the guy. I walked behind her, "(yn), wait!", she paused, "What do you want?", she stared at the sidewalk, "Please look at me.", "I have to get home-", "Then I'll walk home with you.", "Fine.", we continued to walk. "So can you tell me why we aren't friends?", ."Well I can't because if I do...", "Why? I'm not hiding anything from you and it seems as if you are hiding something from me.", "I just can't.", she walked faster, "(yn), wait.", I grabbed her hand, "Jack I have to go.", she took her hand away. She took out her keys and went in her apartment. I put my ear to the door, (yn) was crying. I felt like a jerk.
*Your pov
I shut the door, and sobbed. Why Jack? I walked to my room to set my stuff down, "A quick shower will help." I said to myself as I walked to the bathroom. The shower did not help, all I could think of was Jack, the first time we actually hung out at Starbucks, the first time we kissed, I touched my mouth just remembering that, that kiss that was nothing. I hate Jack the same as I did when I first met him. The only friends I have now are Sandy and Dylan. The only friends I will only have. I got out of the shower and changed into a sweater that was too big, some pants, and just blue socks. I brushed my hair to make it smooth and as always, it ended up being curly. "I hate my hair." I said, it's never straight. As I curled up on my bed, I saw Jack's cap on the pillow, I held it to my chest, "Oh, Jack.", a single tear fell on it. As I slowly drifted to sleep, I instantly woke up when I remembered I had an essay to do and typed, "Crap.", I put my laptop on my bed and turned it on. Nothing was being typed, I thought of words that I would read. The words that my teacher would read. The topic was "Something in my life that was amazing.", nothing was. I can't talk about my kiss with Jack. Maybe when I made my first true friend, Jack. I began typing.
After an hour, I had typed four paragraphs, all very thick paragraphs. I read my essay twice to make sure it sounded good enough. I put it in my flashdrive. My stomch growled, I was hungry. Maybe Sandy would like to go to Starbucks with me. I called Sandy, "Hello.", she said sounding a bit nervous, "Hi Sandy.", "Oh, hi (yn).", "Sandy would you like to go to Starbucks with me, I finished my essay and thought we should hang out.", she was quiet, "Umm, I have a friend over and he needs me. You see he is going though a bit of sadness, his friend won't talk to him, and she won't even look at him.", "Okay, I understand.", "Thank you. Maybe if he gets better we can hang out.", "Bye.", "Bye." she hung up.
*Jack pov
I needed to talk to a friend, I was sad. Sandy was the only person I could talk to, the only person that would understand. "Hello.", she answered, "Sandy could you come over.", "Why? What's wrong?", "Please get here as fast as you can I need to talk to someone.", "Okay I'm on my way.", she hung up. I put my head in my hands, "(yn).", I remembered our memories together, so sweet and now it's all gone. Knocking on my door, I opened it. "Jack, are you okay?", she asked me, "No, come in.", she sat next to me on the couch. "Jack, what's wrong?", "(yn), she won't talk to me, she wont even look at me.", "Well, why did you tell her that? You completely broke her heart. You were her friend.", I looked at her, "Don't tell anyone but the reason I told her that was because her boyfriend threaten to hurt her more if I kept hanging out with (yn). But if I stopped he would stop hurting her. I care a lot about her, I wouldn't want her to get hurt, he would even kill her if he had a chance. I love her so much, I have to let her go. I want to tell her why but she wont even get near me.", I felt tears, "Jack, I understand, but she is as sad as you are. You have to wait until (yn) calms down and is ready to talk." all of a sudden Sandy's phone rings. "Hello.", I wonder who it is, "Oh, hi (yn).", she looked at me, my heart hurt, " "Umm, I have a friend over and he needs me. You see he is going though a bit of sadness, his friend won't talk to him, and she won't even look at him.", "Thank you. Maybe if he gets better we can hang out.", "Bye.", she hung up, "What did she want?", "Wanted to go to Starbucks with me, she finished the essay.", "Oh, isn't that due Friday?", "Yeah.", (yn) always finished her work early, I giggled.
Sandy made some coffee, "Jack did you remember to record some videos?", "Yeah I just have to post them. But I don't feel like playing games, just too sad.", "I'm sure your fans will understand.", I nodded, soon as we were done, Sandy left. We said goodbye and she left.
*Your pov
Now who should I go with, I'm starving. Dylan, he was my only other friend. I forgot that we exchanged phone numbers before he left. I dialed his number, "Sup." he answered, "Hey.", "Hey (yn), how it going?", "Good I guess, so Dylan I was wondering if you would like to go to Starbucks with me?", "Like a date?", "No!", I yelled, "I finished my essay for Mr.William and I'm hungry and bored.", "Okay...", "Please I can't go with Sandy because she is busy.", "What about your boyfriend?", "He leaves everyday and comes back at night so he can't hang out.", "And Sean?", "He says he doesn't want to be my friend.", I was quiet, "Another reason why I want to get away from my aparment.", I could tell he was thinking, "Alright, do you want me to meet you there or go to your house?", I was afraid to go alone, "C-can you come to my house, please?", "Okay, just wait.", "Okay.", "Oh and don't mistrust men. Not all of them will hurt you.", "H-how did you...?", he hung up. I put my phone in my pocket, how did he know? I sat in my bed for a while, the hat was next to me. I decided to put it on. Jack, if only you were with me.
After a few minutes, I heard a knock on my door. "I'm coming.", I ran to open my door, I had my purse in my sweater pocket. "Hey.", "Hey, Dylan.", "Ready to go?", I nodded and we walked to Starbucks. He wore a black shirt, pants, and sneakers. He held a skateboard in his right hand. "Dylan, how did you know about that?", "About what?", "How I was...", "My little sister.", I looked at him, "After her experience, she acted shy and she didn't like being around guys, like you. Even me, her brother, her best friend.", I felt sad, "I wish she had told me who it was.", "How old is she?", I asked, "She was 16.", "Was?", "Yup, she couldn't handle it anymore.", he got a crumpled up paper from his pocket, it was a picture of a girl with dark hair like his, hazel eyes, pale skin, and a dark blue shirt, "So she...", "Yeah, she committed suicide.", he looked down at the sidewalk, "I'm so sorry.", "Don't do the same mistake.", "Why would you trust me to tell me this?" I asked, "Because you seem trustworthy. And because you have been through that, let me guess, your boyfriend.", I felt even more sad, "Yeah.", sad, but also confused, how can he be so happy all the time knowing his sister is dead? As we arrived, he seemed as if he forgot about our conversation. We ordered our drinks and waited, "So, you skateboard?", I asked "Yeah, do you?", "No, when I was younger, but I forgot how to.", I replied. We heard them call our order, "Lets go." we got our drinks and left to the park again. "Can you show me some tricks?", "Sure.", he handed me his drink. Dylan began doing all sorts of tricks that I could as a kid. "You wanna try?", he asked, I nodded. I put our drinks down and ran to the skateboard. It had been so long, "Don't be afraid.", he told me as I got on, "Don't push me!", "Oops." pushed me, soon I started to push myself forward. I was skate boarding again. I turned around and skated back to Dylan. "Good job.", "I'm not riding again.", "Why?", "Because you'll push me.", "Nah, next time I won't.", "Next time?", I asked, "Yeah, by the way, love your hat.", I remembered I put on Jack's hat, "Thanks."
After a while of fun, he walked me home. We talked and it was time to head back. No matter what, Jack was all I thought. "See you later.", he said as he skated away. "Bye.", I walked inside.