14

*You pov
I woke up in the morning to the sound of a beautiful, rhythmic heartbeat. It was nice to not wake up to an annoying alarm clock. Slowly moving my head up I saw sleepy Jack, I got out of the bed and into the bathroom with my bag. I was a bit still sleepy and the light of the bathroom was so bright, "Crap.", I said while rubbing my eyes, I grabbed pants and put it on. I couldn't see what shirt I was wearing my vision was blurry, "Whatever.", I whispered. I brushed the knots out of my hair and made a french dutch braid. When I walked out of the bathroom, Jack was still sleeping. Hopefully, he didn't forget there was class today, "Jack wake up.", I hit him with a pillow. Jack just mumbled, "What?", I asked, "I don't feel good.", "Are you kidding?", "No.", I sat next to where he was laying and put my hand on his forehead, "Holy crap, you're burning.", Jack was really hot, I removed the sheet off of him. Jack was reaching for it, "Give it back.", he said, "No, you can't put it on.", I folded the sheet and put it in the closet, "Please, coffee.", "No.", "But I'm thirsty.", "Fine, stay here.", I went into the kitchen and got water and put ice in it, "Jack, please be okay.", I walked up the stairs and entered Jack's room, "I got you cold water.", I saw Jack with the blanket, "Jack!", I put the cup down and took the blanlet away, "What?", "Jack, don't your already super hot.", I was really worried about Jack, "(yn)." Jack whinned, "Hold on.", I ran to the kitchen and wet a rag. I ran back to Jack, "(yn).", I placed it on his forehead, "You don't have to do this.", "I do, everything you have done for me. And I really care about you.", he stared at me, "Don't cry.", he said, I didn't even notice I was crying. I didn't want to lose Jack, I sniffled, "Sorry.", I wipped my eyes with my sleeve, "Just please don't especially during class.", I felt tears falling off my cheeks. Jack sat up and hugged me, I hugged back, "You wouldn't want to be late.", he whispered in my ear, "Will you be okay?", I asked, "Yeah.", he let go and I put on my shoes and grabbed my school stuff. I messed with Jack's hair before I said, "Bye.", "Bye." he replied. I felt alone and unsafe, for once I was alone. I stared at the sidewalk not wanting to look up. "Hey." a familiar voice said, now I had to look up, Dylan of course, "Hi.", "So I heard about what happened to your ex-boyfriend.", he said, "You do?", I felt like dying, "Yeah, I guess the whole school must know if we saw a police car.", I felt like dropping dead right then and there, "Why did he abuse you?", "I don't want to talk about it, please understand.", "I do." he said. We continued to walk to class, silently.
We finally arrived, we ran to our seats and waited for class to start. Dylan stopped, "Hold on I need to get something.", "Okay." Since there was a few minutes left, I decided to text Jack
Me: Are you okay?
I didn't expect him to answer right away, he was probably sleeping. I looked around, Sandy was walking to me, "Hey.", she said, "Hey Sandy.", "I know what happened.", "I bet the whole school knows.", "Where's Jack?", "At home, he feels too sick.", "Tell him I hope he gets better.", "I will.", "Also you and Dylan.", she nudged my arm, "What?", "You will see.", "Sandy, just tell me.", she looked at me, "You guys look like a couple.", "And...", I said, "That's it." Sandy kind of annoyed me because she thinks me and Dylan are dating. Class began, but Dylan was not there yet, "Where could he be?", suddenly he comes bursting through the doors. He quickly sat next to me, "Dylan, late again?", the teacher asked, "Yeah, sorry.", "What is your excuse?", "Had to prepare.", "Yeah I don't want to know for what.", he began his lecture, "Remember, there is a test tomarrow.", the class whinned. I turned to Dylan, "What were you preparing for?" I whispered, "I will tell you if you come with me after school to the park.", "I don't know. Jack is sick and he needs me.", he frowned, "Okay but if you change your mind...", "Okay.", I don't think I was gonna go.
After school, I walked home. Wednesday was very boring in school. Jack must need me, I hurried home.
I opened the door, "Jack, I'm here.", he didn't reply, I walked upstairs to see him recording, "Jack, you're sick you need to rest.", "Oh, hey.", he took his headphones off, "Hey.", "Being sick is boring.", he spun around in his chair, "If you spin me around in that chair, I might let you.", he nodded. I sat down and started spinning me, "Wee!", I giggled, "Okay me.", Jack sat down, "Now let me record?", "Sure.", I laughed again, "And I cleared that room, and put some of the stuff from your old apartment in there, and clothes.", I ran to the room it looked excally the same, my clothes, my bed, my dresser, my mirror, my everything. I missed my apartment. I went back to him, "You saw it didn't you.", he said, I ran to Jack and gave him a hug, "Thank you. When did you have the time?", "A friend helped.", I let go, blushing, "So are you feeling better?", I asked, "Yeah, sort of.", "Good.", I left him and he continued to record. I ran and jumped onto my bed. I barely realized I was wearing Jack's sweater, I'm dumb. My phone buzzed,
Dylan: did you change your mind?
I couldn't answer yet, how could I have fun knowing Jack is sick. I returned once more but, he wasn't there. He was in his room laying down, "Jack are you okay?", he turned around, "Yeah, I'm just tired.", I placed my hand on his forehead, "You are still kind of warm.", I noticed he was wearing a sweater, "Take your sweater off.", "But (yn) I'm not wearing anything under.", "I don't care, you need to get better.", I went to the kitchen to wet a rag again. When I returned, I saw Jack sitting on the bed with no shirt, I could feel myself getting red. I got near him, "Lay down.", I told him. Placing the rag on his forehead, I could see him laughing a bit, "Shut up Jack, I'm trying to help.", I turned the air on. "Where are you going?", "My room.", "Come lay down with me.", "No.", "Please.", he whinned, I went to my room. I left the door open incase he needed me. I grabbed my headphones and plugged them in my phone to listen to music while I read. So boring I fell over and fell asleep listening to Demons.
*Jack pov
I can't believe she is doing all this for me. She really cares, I felt like sneaking in her room. Slowly, I opened the door to see her sleeping with a book in her hand, "Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine.", I took it away and set it on the bedside table next to the lamp. Her phone buzzed, I checked it,
Dylan: Come on. Are you coming to the park? I have something to tell you.
Really she was planning to go with him? What is he gonna tell her? The worst thing, asking her out. Dating. (yn) started to move around, I ran out of that room. But listened, I peeked a littled. She rubbed her eyes and removed her headphones, "One message from Dylan", she read out loud, she began typing something, but someone was knocking on the door. She looked up, "I'll get it!", I yelled. As I ran to the door and I put on a blanket, I could hear footsteps, I opened it, "Hey Sandy.", "(yn), told me you were sick.", "Yeah but I'm getting better.", "Jack, I have to tell you something.", "What is-", Sandy interrupted me with a kiss, I pushed her away, "I'm sorry.", she ran away, "W-What the hell was that?", I said to myself, "Who was that?", (yn) asked, "Just Sandy.", "What did she want?", "Nothing.", she looked at me, "Whatever, are you feeling better?", "Yeah.", "Great, so um.. Dylan invited me to the park and I wanted to know-", "Yeah.", "Really?", I nodded, "I think he gonna teach me how to ride a skateboard.", she ran upstairs. I hope it is.
*Your pov
I put on some pants, a black tank top, and Jack's red sweater I wore today. Of couse some converse, and I little bag I put my phone in. I walked to Jack, "If you need anything, call me. I'll try to hurry home.", he nodded. Jack looked sad, I wrapped my arms around him, "I promise.", this time he didn't put his arms around my waist. I looked up at him, and left.
I found myself in the street walking alone again, luckly no one was around.
I entered the park, the first person I saw was Dylan, "You came.", "Yeah, so what did you want to tell me?", "If you wanted me to teach you how to skateboard?", "Yeah. But I don't have a skateboard.", "Well, here is your gift.", he gave me a black skateboard, "Thank you.", I hugged him. "So do you want to learn?", I nodded.
Some time passed of me falling and learning and it was time for me to go. "Bye, little girl.", "Shut up.", I waved a walked home with my skateboard.

Also quick thing, PLEASE READ MOCKINGBIRD! No not MOCKINGJAY, if you are always bored, I really recomend this book, MOCKINGBIRD. At first it was just a book my teacher forced me to read, then it became, no doubt my favorite book. Mockingbird is about this girl's brother was killed by some guys. She lives with her dad since her mom died. I read this in 5th grade I don't remember much.