2 📹

In the end we decided to each stay awake for one hour of the night to keep watch. As time flew by while sleeping, I heard someone whisper my name. Was it just in my dream or was someone actually calling me? "Y/N," I heard again, a little louder this time. Ugh, it was real. Guess it was already my turn. I opened my eyes, seeing Hyunjin's face only a bit away from mine.

"It's my turn isn't it?" Hyunjin nodded, stretching out. I sat up straight, rubbing my eyes to get rid of the blurriness. "My turn to finally sleep again," he said happily, already yawning. "Wait, Hyunjin," I called out. He slightly peered up, giving me a rather confused look. "I ehm... I'm not sure how to say this, but it's been bothering me for a while now..." I started off.

Hyunjin now sat up straight, looking somewhat anxious. I couldn't blame him though, I was convinced anyone hearing those words had a little heart attack. "It's nothing bad or anything, so don't worry about that!" I quickly dismissed, seeing him let out a deep breath of relief. "I just... never really got the chance to talk to you or even thank you for what you did for me... I somehow just couldn't get myself to thank you because I didn't know how to, even though you literally gave your life for me."

I took a deep breath, looking down to avoid his gaze. It felt nice to finally get it out, yet part of me was feeling awfully anxious, breathing becoming somewhat more difficult. Did he regret it? Would he blame me for it? All those thoughts had made me keep some sort of distance, made me feel scared. I couldn't even bring myself to look at him right now, just how pathetic was I?

Before I knew it I was engulfed in a hug, doing all the talking for him. I could feel a teardrop roll down my face, hugging him back tightly. "It's okay, you don't have to feel bad about it." I slightly moved away in shock, still close enough to keep our arms around each other. He solely chuckled, keeping a smile almost too sweet. "I saw you beat yourself up over the little girl every day, I could only hope you wouldn't do the same, but it was tough on you wasn't it?"

I felt speechless. How could he not blame me? I was the reason he could have been lost forever! He put one hand on my cheek, wiping the tears away that just didn't stop coming. "Why aren't you mad at me? Why aren't you shouting at me?" I cried out in frustration. It didn't feel fair. He should get mad, he should shout, blame me, so why was he acting like his life was nothing to be worried over?

"Would that make you feel better?" he asked calmly, placing his hand on my head to pull me close again. "I don't know, but this just isn't fair to you... It makes me feel horrible!" Hyunjin slightly pushed me back, slapping both his hands against my cheeks, like some sort of idiot sandwich, making me stop crying out of sheer confusion. "Y/N, if we could turn back time I would have done it all over again if it meant saving you. If it weren't for you I wouldn't have been able to hold on all this time, so before I saved you, you already managed to save me, now you just saved me twice."

As if I hadn't been crying enough already. "Thank you," was all I could say. Thank you so much," I cried out over and over again, while he calmed me down. It felt horrible to have the guy who literally gave up his life for you comfort you instead of the other way round, but for the first time in a long time I felt relieved. Relieved to have it all out, and to feel a lot closer to him. He really was an amazing person.

Soon after that Hyunjin fell asleep, giving me some time to think everything over. The area was quiet besides the rustling of leaves being blown away by the wind, or the fladdering of a bird's wings. I smiled to myself. Even though there were still a lot of questions left running through my mind, for now this was more than enough. I could always ask him later on, for now this was enough of an emotional roller coaster. The hour flew by as I woke up Jisung, who luckily enough didn't wake up from the conversation with me and Hyunjin earlier. With the hug imprinted in my mind, I soon fell asleep as well.

----------

"Let me sleep," I groaned in annoyance as I felt someone shake my shoulder. Gently, yet too persistently when you're just trying to get some more rest. "Y/N, wake up," the voice called out. I shook my head, keeping my eyes closed and turning to the other side. I heard a sigh, making me grin. Did he give up already? "Don't make me do this," the voice continued, but I didn't budge. What would he do anyways? No one was coming between me and my sleep.

The next I knew I felt to hands around my ankles, lifting me up upside down. I let out a scream, finally opening my eyes. "Chan?!" I yelled, trying to move out of his grip. "I warned you," he laughed. "Are you done sleeping?" "I am, I am!" I shouted, finally being let go. "At least you're the last one to be woken up if that's any help," I heard Seungmin say. "He got woken up first," Hyunjin whispered laughingly. "And I finally fell asleep again," he muttered irritated.

"Come on, let's get going shall we?" Chan outed, filled with enthusiasm. "We still have a long way to go, up to our second stage!"