5 📹

"So, actually, where are we going?" I asked after a couple of minutes still aimlessly walking through the building, our arms still linked with one another. Hyunjin and Jeongin looked at each other, the both shrugging. "No clue, we just didn't want to cycle, that's all," Hyunjin stated, causing me to laugh. "That's the important stuff we went away for? Woah, I never knew avoiding exercise was this important!" Jeongin scoffed. "Why didn't you cycle then huh?" I instantly fell quiet, getting out of their grips to sprint up ahead. "Oh, hey, look at this very suspicious piece of... wall!"

"That's what I thought," Jeongin chuckled. "I think they probably checked it by now, let's go back to check shall we?" I turned back to them, the three of us walking back up to the rooftop. "There you guys are, what took you so long?" Minho complained, urging us to sit down on the couch. "There a video message playing on the TV, Jisung, keep pedaling!" Jisung groaned loudly, making whiny noises while the message started.

It felt like a promo video. There were some elderly men, all dressed up, waving to a crowd, smiling happily. It almost felt unfair if you looked at the situation we had been in. "Welcome to Miroh! Our beautiful city, filled with pride and joy," one of the guys, seemingly the leader, started. "If you see this video, it means you must have broken out of that horrendous city, what used to be the great district 9, before it got taken over by thore terrifying creatures." All of us were watching skeptically. What could we even expect?

"However, those days are now over, as we, the council of Miroh, have broken free from that world, and managed to ever so slightly contain the beasts. The fact that you are now here means you have earned the right to join this wonderful place, and live a life filled with freedom once again." I scoffed. "Earned the right? Who does this bastard think he is?" Chan nudged my arm, putting his finger on his lips to quiet me down. "Fine," I muttered silently, focusing back on the tape.

"Follow the path, search for the tall buildings, join our society, and get everything your heart desires. See you soon," the man said. The video soon ended with the men throwing money around, one even giving away his fur coat. And with that, the recording ended. "What kind of propaganda BS is this?" Minho groaned. "I had to paddle this hard for something this worthless?" Jisung added. Everyone was clearly annoyed by it, and I couldn't blame them for a second. How was it fair? To just treat everyone there like a celebrity, but completely ignore all the troubles back at district 9? "Are we really going to meet those assholes?" I complained, looking back at Chan, desperately hoping he'd say no. I'd rather stay here and figure out the cure myself.

"Of course, we have to. They're the next step aren't they? From what I'm guessing, the cure is at the end of the map," Chan speculated, glancing over at Jisung who nodded with a sour face. "From what I can remember yes. It showed a city with large buildings, and one big red podium or something. I can only guess that's where we're headed now." I let myself fall back completely, my head leaning backwards. "Ugh, great. Living creatures apparently suck more than the undead ones." Jeongin chuckled, ruffling my hair. "Don't worry. We're gonna pass it as fast as we can. I'll stay with you!"

"Say, Jisung," Hyunjin started. He slowly got out a sketchbook, quite large too. "Do you think we could try to recreate the map together? I think it would be smart for everyone to know what we're up against." Jisung's face brightened slightly. "I swear you're a life saving angel. My brain was honestly starting to give up on remembering." I lightly tilted my head out of curiosity. "You can draw?" I walked up closer, seeing him shyly, yet proudly smile. He gave me the sketchbook, dozens of beautiful drawings in there. From realistic, to free, to... me? I recognized my home, me staring longingly out the window, portrayed to beautifully... Was this how he viewed me back then?

I glanced up at him, realized our faces were barely apart. Hyunjin's eyes widened as he quickly snatched back the sketch book, holding it behind his back, the both of us quickly stepping back a little. "So, ehm, yeah, I guess I'm not all too bad?" he answered awkwardly. I nodded hastily, too shy to look him in the eyes right now. Ah... What was I even supposed to say or how would I even act. Was it this complicated to have someone in love with you? Argh, this was driving me insane. Jisung suddenly took the sketch book out of Hyunjin's hands, smacking it on his head. "Now stop the awkward flirting you, she's engaged. Come on, let's draw this thing."

Hyunjin and I finally looked at each other again, the both of us able to laugh the awkwardness away. "Well, good luck to you two, I won't disturb you much longer," I smiled, giving them a final smile before rejoining the others. Hyunjin and Jisung must have spent an hour together, Jisung explaining what he remembered, Hyunjin sketching out what he heard, the both altering it here and there, until it finally was as good as finished. Was it 100% correct? Jisung wasn't quite sure, but it at least had the most important stuff in there, that was sure.

We all gathered around again, sitting around the map. "So this is what we're up against aren't we...?" Seungmin stated, carefully taking it all in. We broke out of the dome, went through the tunnel, and were now at the first building. After this came the city, Miroh, some bus stop, a tree, and at the end... gates? We all looked at each other questioning.

What laid behind those gates, was that going to give us the cure?