51 📹

"Hyunjin..." I called out, unsure of what to do. I made my choice already, so why did I still feel like this. I never meant to fall for him anyways, and I never meant to let anyone know, yet here I was. But no, I couldn't love him. I already had Changbin, and promised to always be with him. So, I can't even let my own stupid feelings get in the way. Frankly, I wasn't even sure if it was actually love or whether I just missed having someone, Changbin, by my side caring for me.

"Y/N, close your eyes for ten seconds okay?" Hyunjin asked softly, slowly letting go of me. I looked him in the eye once more, nodding with a sad smile. "Yo, hurry u-" Minho whined, earning a slap on the back from Jeongin. I chuckled, closing my eyes. One...two...three...four...five...six...seven...eight...nine...

Ten. My eyes fluttered open, seeing Hyunjin with a bright smile, stretching out his hand. "Hi, I'm Hyunjin, nice to meet you." I blank a couple of times, still shaking his hand confused. He chuckled softly. "I thought we'd start anew, just a blank sheet with no feelings or whatsoever." I somehow couldn't help but burst out in laughter. That was the weirdest thing I had ever seen from him, but somehow it made me feel more comfortable than ever before. "Nice to meet you Hyunjin, I'm Y/N," I let out with a laugh.

"Well then miss Y/N, get on my back, we'll soon arrive to meet your future husband." The smile kept plastered on my face, getting back on his back. "Took you guys long enough, what on earth were you doing?" Jisung whined. "We just met, that's all. Now let's go, we have a lot of people to save." Mine and Jeongin's eyes met, reassuring him with a smile. Maybe it was for the best that I told him after all. At first I didn't even allow my thought to wander off to him, yet now it feels like there's a load of my shoulders.

"Travelers!" A familiar voice called out. "Miss!" I exclaimed happily, seeing the city's council member. Finally, back to Miroh! "I have heard all about what happened, are all of you alright?" Her eyes landed on me, looking over at my still awfully swollen ankle. "Come inside dears, quickly. Let's let you to rest out first, we will discuss the matter after, shall we not?" We all immediately agreed, each one of us exhausted from all that had happened. I saw Chan get closer to her, whispering something in her ear.

"I'm pretty sure we're being followed and probably attempted to be stopped no matter what cost." He said it quietly, so nobody else seemed to notice. The lady simply smiled. "Do not worry. I will have everyone ready to keep them from succeeding. You heroes shall be protected as long as I am here." Thank goodness. "Come on, Y/N, let's get you treated," Jeongin broke my concentration, offering his hand. "I'll take her somewhere to sit, why don't you get the first aid kit?" Hyunjin offered. And like that, we both left off.

"I wonder if my room here changed," I muttered to myself. "Wanna check?" Minho suddenly popped up from behind Hyunjin and I. "Come on, let's check. I'm sure they won't mind. It'll probably be your room for now again anyways, until Jisung figured out how to make the cure and stuff." I gave him a small smile. Since the argument with the group we hadn't exactly spoken anymore, so it was nice to see him back to this. The same was for Jisung and Seungmin though. Since we hadn't talked either, but it still felt awkward to bring anything up.

"I'm gonna let Jeongin treat her first okay? You guys can go check it out afterwards," Hyunjin replied, earning an agreeing humm from Minho. "I'll check mine and Chan's in the meantime then. Be right back for you," Minho shot a wink, leaving us to it. We soon found a couch in one of the sitting rooms, which was currently empty. From what I remembered most of the councilmembers still liked to live at home, so the building was vacant most of the time aside from any meetings.

"Say, Hyunjin..." I started off. I didn't know how to talk to him anymore. "Yeah?" he asked nonchalantly. He carefully put me down on the couch, sitting down on the other side. "You have to promise me you'll find someone better, okay?" I pouted, looking down. I could hear a chuckle coming from him, making me look up rather offended. "I'm serious, okay? You have to pinky swear, or else this I can't accept it." With the same smile he shook his head. "I can't promise you that, but stop feeling bad, okay? That's what those ten seconds were for. You just focus on getting better so we can save everyone else. As long as you're happy, that's enough for me."

"Awhh, aren't you the charmer?" Jeongin laughingly walked in with the kit. Hyunjin's eyes instantly shifted back, feeling caught. "Oh no worries, I already knew all of this before Y/N herself. Now, you get the two of us a room to stay in, would you? Seems like we'll be staying here for quite a while." Though Hyunjin still didn't seem to grasp it at first, he still seemed relieved by how casual Jeongin was. He gave us both a smile, indeed leaving to find a room.

"I guess this story of us really is coming to an end soon, isn't it?"

"Maybe this part of our lives, but not until everyone truly is saved. And after that... who knows what the future brings, right?"

"I thought we already knew?"

"Hmm? What is it then?"

"Your marriage with Changbin!"

"Oh shut up!"