15 📹

You could hear the hesitation of Jack through his breathing. "Your... girlfriend?" So this was what Chan meant earlier. "If any of the men get too creepy, don't hesitate to come up to one of us, go as far as pretend you're dating one of us if needed to get out of the situation," he had said last night. I really needed it more than I thought. "Yeah, my girlfriend." Minho chuckled, as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "Quiet though, none of the other's know. It's our little secret," he winked. Minho really knew how to get out of situations like this so well, I wouldn't have made it through without him.

Jack actually grew speechless, simply standing there. Minho yet again grew closer, smiling endearingly at me while moving a strand of hair out of my face. Hopefully that would tell Jack off. Minho actually turned back to Jack, giving him a weirded out look. "Are you just gonna stand there or are you giving us some privacy? It's been a mess having her to myself with Chan around so much, so I'd rather use the time I finally get," Minho snarled, making Jack walk away completely off guard without saying yet another word, giving Minho one last nasty look before slamming the door shut.

Without waiting another second I instantly sat up straight, breathing in out and heavily. "Hey hey, it's okay, he's gone. You're okay, don't worry," Minho tried to calm me down. He reached out, putting his arm out, unsure of what to do. Without thinking I hugged his waist tight, letting out inaudible sobs. "I was so scared," I muttered, holding onto the back of his shirt. Minho hesitated, but gave in, hugging me back, letting me sink into his arms. "I really thought he was gonna do something to me, he, he-" I stammered, but Minho interrupted me. "Don't worry, I know. Jeongin connected our earpieces so I heard everything he said. You don't have to say so again. He's gone now, and I doubt he'll be back."

I was just hoping it would indeed be enough to keep him out with that. I slowly started calming down again, focusing on my breathing. In... and out... In... and out. I loosened my grip on Minho's shirt, backing away with a slight embarrassment. We weren't really that close, so something like this never happened before, but I could feel safe with him, probably even more so because of this. They always said crying with someone made you closer, maybe it was right after all.

"Why don't we postpone the party until tomorrow? I don't think it's too good of an idea for you to already get out there," Minho suggested, his voice hushed. I shook my head, wiping my tears away. Great, now I'd have to do my make up again, didn't I? "I'd rather just get this over with as soon as I possibly can." I took another deep breath. "So, what did you get?" Minho's gaze was fixated on me, as if he was trying to decide on whether he'd tell me or not, giving in with a sigh.

"On the end of the hallway upstairs, in the complete corner, there's a small chamber with a computer, I'm guessing that's where they're keeping everything. The door was locked, but with a little help from some of the materials here I was able to make a lockopener." He got what seemed to be a tiny medicine box out of his pocket, so small it could only keep one pill. He grinned, opening the top, showing the true nature, a USB stick. "This should be able to get it all."

I nodded, it seemed pretty logical. "Then what do we do with it. There's no way to analyze it without our laptop." Minho hummed. "That's true, so we're planning something even more dangerous... We were originally planning on simply getting the flash drive and go back running away, but now that everyone's involved we were thinking of sneaking Hyunjin in the garden and giving it to him. Since he's one of the scouts he has the stamina and skills, so we could pull it off. Only thing is that we're unsure of how to execute it," he ended it with, seeming to ponder over it.

"I could do it," I volunteered. It honestly didn't seem to hard, the only risk really would be on Hyunjin, so it would be mostly on him of whether he'd want to or not. Minho raised his brow, as if that was something out of the question. "What? I'm serious. Once you and Chan were done, Chan could come back down, he was going to anyways. If you 'feel up to it', you could too, but that's only depending on how bad it's going downstairs. Either of you would sneakily hand me the drive, I say I'm gonna get some air, walk around in the garden while Chan, and maybe you, keep them busy. I'd give it to Hyunjin, get back in, easy."

Minho groaned. "Y/N, seriously, why do you always try to take on so much? That one time with the supermarket too, don't you know how dangerous that was? And now you're doing it again, volunteering. What are you trying to accomplish, our approval or anything? Do you want to hear that you're indeed strong, that we accept you into our group?" He run his hands through his hair, seeming more frustrated than even before. "Listen, anyone who can hold it out, all alone, for how long you did in your room, has already earned my respect. The moment you got into our group you were one of us, so why do you keep trying to get yourself in more danger?"

Well, that was an insecurity struck right there. Was it really necessary to call me out like that? "If you know I'm capable, already saying I had your respect by holding out this long on my own, than why can't I do it?" I asked. I wasn't exactly mad, slightly annoyed for sure, but honestly just confused. Minho rolled his eyes. "Do I really have to spell it out? If I see you here, crying in my arms over something that could have happened, how am I supposed to make sure you're safe if you're out where I can't help?"

"Listen, just... I care about you okay? We aren't close, I know that much, but you're still one of the team, so I won't forgive myself if something happens that I could have prevented."