38 📹

"My legs hurt," Jisung whined. The sun had already set, but due to a setback, also known as me twisting my ankle, we had been quite the bit slower. We only reached halfway of where we wanted to be. I honestly didn't mean to, it just somehow happened, though I'm not even sure how. Some of them had already offered to let me rest out on their backs, take Chan and Minho foe example, but if things were gonna go bad they needed to save their strength, so I told them I'd just deal with it and go through it. Luckily it wasn't all that bad, so I could still sort of walk, but it wasn't great.

"Why don't we rest out for a while? We can set up camp here and continue tomorrow. Hopefully Y/N's ankle will be a bit better too after resting out," Jeongin offered. As the medic he of course knew what would be best when someone is injured, and Chan had a tendency of listening to him without questions when someone was injured. It was nice to see how much Chan trusted Jeongin. A quick glance to my ankle was enough for Chan to agree with Jeongin.

"Why don't you guys rest out here for a bit more, set up a fire for dinner. I'll see if I can clear out the a bit more. Minho, you coming with me?" Minho agreed easily, exchanging a small nod with Hyunjin. Probably an unspoken bond of "you take care here". Jeongin opened his suitcase, getting out the first aid kid, taking the ice pack. "It won't help as much anymore since you refused to get so done right away," Jeongin remarked sassily, "but it might still help a little." I gave him a pout. "You know I just didn't want to slow you down..." He shook his head. In the end it might only slow us down more, but well, so much for being smart right?

"I think I'm gonna go check out the place to take some pictures," Seungmin said, taking out the camera he had chosen to take with him from the mansion. "Oh, I didn't know you were into photography," I exclaimed interested. Frankly, I barely knew these guys at all to be honest, even though we had grown closer over time. "I used to when I was younger, but when we had to run for our lives after my home had been invaded I lost my camera." He let out a chuckle. "I can still see it right in front of me. I remember exactly where it fell." It must have been important to him.

"I don't think you should be going alone though," Hyunjin said. It was kind of cool to see him take the lead with the other two eldest out on patrol. I guess I did get lucky, being younger than most of them. I probably would never have to worry about the things they all have to. Hyunjin glanced around, his eyes landing on Jisung. "You used to like nature a lot right? Do you still like it?" Jisung looked up rather startled, he had been in his own world before. "I do actually," he answered with a shy smile.

Only then did it dawn upon me that Hyunjin had missed so much of the guys' lives after saving me. Oh goodness gracious, that must have been a long time. The fact that they still were so close even after being apart for so long was something I was rather envious of. I can't remember much about having had friends. I remember playing with one guy a couple of times, but all I could remember about it was that my dad had made me cut off all contact when I brought him with me for the first time. I guess that was the only friend I had when I was younger.

"Would you be okay with joining Seungmin on his way?" Hyunjin asked him, and luckily Jisung didn't seem to mind at all. They got ready, taking everything they needed with them. "We'll be back soon then, see you in a bit," Seungmin waved at us. I smiled back at him, waving while Jeongin quickly adjusted to ice pack which was threatening to fall off. "Everything still okay?" I quickly asked Hyunjin. We somehow were able to both spot something that could have been really bad, who knew what else would be different then it seemed.

"So far nothing I think," Hyunjin hesitated. "I'm pretty sure nothing was out of the ordinary," he concluded it with, trying to reassure both himself and us. "Or well, nothing oddinary as Jisung called it," he chuckled, finding it rather cute. Jeongin took my hand, playing it on the ice pack. "Keep it on here for five more minutes okay? I'm gonna ask Hyunjin some questions to make sure his head is okay?" Jeongin whispered. Ah, so he too thought Hyunjin just wasn't feeling well. Did really no one believe him?

While Jeongin was asking Hyunjin all kinds of questions under the pretense of having a normal conversation, I still couldn't get the past out of my head. I had been thinking about it a lot more lately, trying to remember it all, or rather trying to figure out why I couldn't remember.

----------

What Y/N didn't know, however, was that there was one person who could have answered all those questions for her. If only he had recognized her earlier.