58 📹

Where on earth was he? I had to leave the other four behind, where all of the commotion currently was. The further I went into the city, the more quiet it became. Did that mean it was working? So why wasn't Changbin there? Nor Felix, by the way. Where on earth were they? I kept on running, already out of breath, but I couldn't care less at the moment. I had to find them.

---------

He couldn't move. His legs had started to run at first, after opening the field, but he tumbled over something. Or rather someone. Someone he knew very well. Changbin. He too was in the underground tunnels. Felix didn't even know how Changbin did it, but he had found a way in. Yet that seemed to have been the most he could do. He sat there, back against the wall, head hanging low. He wasn't doing well. At all. His already liveless looking body seemed to be even worse than before. The only thing keeping Felix's hope up was the slow rising and falling of his chest.

Somebody had to be able to help him. Anybody. He didn't know why Changbin was behaving like this, but it wasn't good. Far from it. Though Felix still could feel the urge to go up to everyone else, for once his body seemed to cooperate, now in no moving at all. Maybe due to the shock. Felix's eyes scanned Changbin's body, desperately trying to find something off...

Which wasn't all that hard to spot in the end. Right on top of Changbin's lap lay a broken compass, one he recognized all too well. The compass Felix had given Changbin, with the hope of getting away. He didn't even knew he still could, but tears flowed over Felix's cheeks. One of the broken pieces of glass was impaled right in Changbin's right leg, and let me tell you, it didn't look all too pretty. But... how? Why? He had to save him, and quick!

Felix peered up, sensing a familiar presence. Finally, his body shot up, running towards it. If anyone could save Changbin, it was her.

----------

My eyes shot open wide, my legs stumbling backwards when one of the sewer covers flew off of the ground. My breathing became heavy, tears forming when I saw him. "Felix!" I shouted happily. Without even thinking I ran up to him, embracing him tightly, arms wrapped around his neck. "It's okay, let me cure you, quick!"

----------

Felix still couldn't think straight, but he had to. Changbin's life might depend on it. He cursed mentally. Shit, how did she say the rest would be cured again? F*ck, he couldn't remember. Quick, how did she cure Hyunjin... maybe it was for the best he couldn't think straight anymore. Maybe that was the only way to justify what he was going to do.

And with that, his lips melted with hers.

----------

Felix's body started shaking heavily, though mine was too in shock to even move a single muscle. A thousand things just ran through my mind, and yet none of them seemed to make any sense. I closed my eyes tightly, trying to get myself together, only to open them at the sound of a heavy breathing. I blank a couple of times, even pinching myself to see if it was true. But there he was, his complexion and eyes back to normal, his eyes meeting mine, our heavy breathing matching.

We couldn't even say anything, but without a second thought I hugged him tightly, tears streaming down. "I knew you could do it," I cried out, his hands hesitantly patting my back. "I have so much to tell you, so much has happened. About the journey, the lab, Lix, I remember everything, and everything that happened, and I-" Felix cut me off, his eyes wide. "Wait, Y/N, he's hurt, you have to come with me!" I blank a couple of times, until it dawned upon me who he was referring to.

"Changbin!" We both shouted at the same time. "I'll explain and listen to everything later, you have to come with me, we have to save him!" Felix ranted, taking my hand in his, the both of us running like madmen.

----------

Here they were again. Running hand in hand, his stupid f*cking feelings getting to him. Maybe they were the broken compass. Seemingly right, but wrong all along. Thinking you're on the right track, when it just lead you in the wrong direction, straying from your true path. Maybe if he hadn't been such an asshole they could have at least stayed friends. But that was over now. She was happy with Changbin now. He was now the one to take care of her behind her back. And she was the one running to him. She was the one making him happy. Felix didn't even know his own feelings, but both the people he cared most about were now happy together, without him.

The last thing he could at least do now was make sure they'd be together again.

----------

"Owhmygosh, Changbin!" I shouted out, gasping when I finally saw him. "What happened!?" I ran up to him, my hands roaming all over his body, falling to his right leg. "Felix, what the f*ck happened!" He shook his head. "I don't know either, I found him like this right after I had opened the force field. Where is Jeongin? We need him here!" I shook my head. "There's no time to search for him, we have to turn him back, and quick!" I cupped his face, bending over him to be a mere couple of inches away. "Changbin, it's okay, you're gonna be okay, you just have to follow your instincts okay?"

Nothing. His body wouldn't move a single inch. Shit. Did the cure still work? It was supposed to be quickly transferred to everyone. "Felix, do you have anything left of the cure you gave Hyunjin?" Felix blank a couple of times. "Yeah I know about it, now answer me!"  Felix shot up, already running back to the entrance. "I'll get it, stay here!"

I hugged Changbin tightly, crying over his seemingly lifeless body. "It's gonna be okay, I finally found you," I told him, stumbling over my words. "We're supposed to get married right? You promised me... We're gonna have a life together, we are saving everyone right now. It's gonna be okay, we'll have all of our normal lives back, so you have to promise me you're gonna fight for your dear life inside there, okay?" I was shaking vigorously, the tears not even able to stain on my face since they kept on coming.

"Y/N!" Felix shouted again from far away, throwing a syringe my way. My hands reached out, barely even catching it. I instantly sprayed the liquid in my mouth, holding his face, and mashing our lips together.

Please... please hold on to our promise and just come back to me.