16 📹

"So, Chan's coming with you while I keep them busy then," Minho said, eventually agreeing with just a few adjustments after a while. He stood up, looking back. "Wait, before you go..." I called him back. "Did Chan by any chance hear it all too?" I asked cautiously. In all honesty, I really hoped he didn't. Minho shook his head, making me feel much more relieved. "Chan actually fell asleep already, he's been pushing himself too much again, so I wasn't going to wake him up." I nodded. He really seemed to care for others so much.

I always wondered how he combined it all, though looking at it now, he really had seemed to been taking care of others more than himself. It made me feel quite bad, seeing him ensure everyone's safety and comfort when his needs seemed to be staying behind. "Could you please do me a favor and not tell him this happened? I don't want to make him worry even more, he already has enough on his plate." Minho grew a small smile, answering with a nod. "Don't worry. I won't tell him anything unless you do." I smiled back. "Thanks... for everything."

The moment Minho left, another tear escaped. I could help but think about Changbin. Had he been here with me it would all be so much easier. I wouldn't have to pretend to love someone, it would all come naturally. What the men had said earlier had hurt me way more than I thought. That he was practically dead. It made me feel like all hope was lost. Was there really no way to save him? Was I really going to have to live without him? Another tear flowed down, followed by many more. I missed him...

----------

I once again sat in front of the mirror, wiping the last tear away. I really looked like a mess. My eyes were all red and puffy, no amount of make up would be able to fix that. I sighed, taking the make up remover to wipe away all the mascara that had flowed down together with the tears. To do everything over would be too much work, so all I had to do was simply touch it up. I glanced down at the dress. That too had grown to be a complete mess, mascara stains on the top of the dress. Guess that meant it wasn't really waterproof after all.

I tried to smile, convincing myself it would all be alright while looking at myself in the mirror. We'd save Changbin. Felix, and everyone else too. We'd get them all back, it would be okay. I really shouldn't let these guys get to me. "I got this... I got this," I kept telling myself, but believing it seemed to be harder than I thought. I let out a hopeless sigh, finally finishing touching up my make up and changing into a short champagne colored sparkling dress. It would be perfect for the party.

"Hey... Y/N?" Seungmin's voice called out through my monitor. Shit, don't tell me I had it in all this time. "You don't have to answer, and I'm sorry, I didn't mean to keep listening, but... we're gonna get through this together okay? Minho was right, I know you like to stay strong, but don't take on too much. Have some faith in the rest of us too, we'll save them all together, right?" I let out a chuckle, wiping one last tear away. "Thanks Seungmin... I needed that."

"And, if you ever need someone to rant to, or really anything... I, and Jeongin too of course, will always be here on coms to listen to it all, or in real life when you make it back safely." I couldn't help but smile wholeheartedly, my eyes still teary. I was really lucky to have them by my side. "Min, can I?" sounded from further away into the com. I could hear crunching sounds from the monitor, it probably being passed to the owner of the voice I just heard.

"Hey, it's me," Hyunjin spoke. "Hey," I muttered back in a soft voice. "Guess I'll be seeing you tonight huh?" he asked, a chuckle audible. "I guess so," I chuckled back. "Will you be okay? Won't it be too dangerous for you?" Hyunjin let out two short hums, meaning no. "Don't worry, I'll be just fine... I only heard a little from all that was going on from Seungmin and Jeongin, had to calm the youngest down since he was crying over how worried he was, but like Seungmin said, it's gonna be fine, so don't lose all hope okay?" "Thanks Hyunjin... I'll see you tonight then." "See you tonight sweetheart."

I took the coms out again, hearing a knock on my door. "You ready to go down Y/N?" Chan called through the door. I spared one last glance in the mirror. My eyes weren't as red anymore, nor as puffy, so it wouldn't be that easy to spot. Good enough. "Coming," I called back. Both Chan and Minho were waiting, Chan without a worry, while Minho had an empathetic smile, the question of whether I was okay visible in his gaze. I smiled back, hinting that I was fine, going down with the three. "I already told them about the dinner party idea, they all seemed to love it," Chan said while we were on our way. "It'll be a big buffet spread all across the table, drinks and music ready too to last us all night. Are you gonna be okay?" I nodded.

"Let's get this over with."