13 📹

"Oh my, look at you three!" One of the men, the one to notice us first, exclaimed. They were all sat around the table already, only three spots left for me and the boys. Chan held the middle chair back, urging me to sit there. I mouthed him a small thank you while sitting down, feeling practically all eyes on me. As if things couldn't get more uncomfortable. "You look absolutely stunning my dear," Joseph said with an almost creepy smile. Great. Just great. "Thank you so much," I smiled back at him, trying my best to fight the urge to cringe.

"So, why don't you tell me about your experiences from before? I am oh so curious about it all," another council member asked when a small silence fell. All eyes were still on us, but now even more fixated. It truly gave me the chills. "Oh, it was miserable, believe me," Chan laughed, slightly to my surprise. You could see the members ease up a little too, laughing with him. It was almost as if Chan fit right in already. "So, first off, you must know that we left some people behind back at the rooftop right? Imagine living with everyone, just in one small bunker! It wasn't even doable, the stench of sweat and everything." Chan shivered, pretending to be grossed out, while the men actually seemed to be.

"My poor boy," the man seated next to Chan exclaimed, grazing his fingers over Chan's arm. Poor Chan indeed, goodness gracious. "Then, how did you get out? You must have survived for so long already, did you figure out the way to disable it all?" Chan shook his head. "We ourselves didn't, one of our friends did, but he fell behind and got bitten, together with another of our crew. With him lost, all of our information got lost too." The men shook their heads. "You could say that information is as good as dead, just like your two friends," one of them said laughingly, the others joining in. "Such a shame. Of the info I mean," another laughed. "No getting them back, so you might as well write your friends off as dead. No use thinking about them anymore."

I couldn't believe my ears. Is this how they viewed people's lives? I was too stunned to speak, yet wanted to curse more than I could even imagine. Minho places his hand on my leg, though I couldn't tell if he was trying to comfort me or trying to keep me from becoming a murderer. Either way, it worked, thankfully. I took a deep breath, putting on the innocent smile again. "Let's not talk about them anymore, let's talk about your future instead. Why don't we build you a home here? You two guys could live together, as for Y/N, she could stay here, it's the perfect spot for her," someone else said.

Me? Staying here, with bastards like this? I would rather go back and become a zombie than staying here. At first I thought it wouldn't be so bad, but now? No thank you. Minho laughed. "Why don't we rest out a little first before discussing such manners? I'd love to check out this place more first, or do you want us gone so soon?" The man looked rather accused, instantly going into denial. "But of course not, stay. Stay as long as you like here, we'll talk things over whenever you're ready!" Smart move, Minho.

"Y/N?" my name suddenly got called out. "Are you okay dear? You haven't eaten a single bite? Do you not like it?" Joseph already glared at Jack. "Oh no, by far not! It just looks so tasty I have trouble deciding what to begin with. Besides, I was so caught up in the conversation I almost forgot," I chuckled. Having to stay nice seemed so easy, but not being able to barf over these guys was harder than you'd think. It was all so pretentious, I absolutely hated it.

While lunch was as good as over, I suddenly remembered what Chan had said last night. Distract them so Minho could roam around. Everyone already got up, but I quickly shot up as well. "Ehm, I was wondering..." I started, both Minho and Chan a little startled as well. "Why don't we all go and take a look around the city? I truly am curious about the way it looks, I'm sure you all did an amazing job at rebuilding it," I tried, batting my eyes. Everyone looked at one another, Chan and Minho quick to catch on. "Besides, I'd really do love to get to know you all more," I added quickly, flashing a flirty smile at them.

"Well what are we waiting for then," Joseph laughed. He went up to me, petting my head, keeping his hand just a little too long for it to be doable. "Minho, aren't you coming?" One of the men asked, while standing awfully close to him. "I'm actually not feeling very well, so I think I'm going back to bed for a little while. Don't let me keep you from going though, I'll be sure to join you later on," he smiled awkwardly, coughing to make it look more legit. "You rest out then, we'll be on our way to give our two lovely guests a tour."

We all went outside, the only ones staying behind were Jack and Minho, maybe some other staff I hadn't seen before. Though they seemed quite interested, if I had to make them fall in love with me I'd probably have to do even more. I hurried up to Joseph and one of the men besides him, linking my arms with the both. "I hope you don't mind me joining in?" They both laughed, adoration filled in their eyes. "You're welcome every time my darling."

It took us some time and practicing, but we managed to had them stay out for about three hours. Chan and I constantly switched members so we were sure to catch everyone's attention, and be able to at least know them all a little. Joseph, Albert, Charles, Earl, Horace, Young-soo and Il-sung. Those were the names. Though they all differed, there were three common factors among each of them, all easy to spot their weaknesses;

Money, status, and well, anyone who sucked up to them.