24 📹

Though Minho and I were about to instantly disagree, Chan knew to silence us with just one glance. "What for?" he asked instead. "Chan?" I asked confused. You had got to be kidding me. He was actually considering it? There was no way he would actually cooperate and hold up to his end of whatever would go on. Jack let our a groan. "You think I want to kiss up their asses for the rest of my life? I joined them to take over the ruling, but no matter what these stubborn asses aren't letting me anywhere near information. I can't believe you got it out of them so fast," he told me, hinting back to their secret.

"So, what are you expecting to get out of this? You want to take over the position?" Jack nodded. "You guys don't care about that anyways do you? There's another reason you're here, but I can't seem to figure out what." I held onto Minho's shirt from the back, lightly tugging it with an uncomfortable look. Why was Chan actually hearing him out? Minho instantly noticed, moving his arm from in front of me to lean over my shoulder, stroking it with his thumb to try to comfort me.

Chan gave me another displeased gaze. You could see he wasn't happy either, looking at how stern he looked, but what was he expecting. "We're trying to get the cure to the virus in district 9. We know there is one since one of our turned friends had the blueprints, but we lost all of those with him." Jack's eyes widened. "That's why you're doing all of this?" He laughed, making me feel more disgusted by him by the second. "If you think you'll get anything here you're dead wrong. These guys are dumber than could be, there's no way they have any of it."

My head hung low. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up high, but still... "We're just going to keep on searching until we find something, so this was just a pitstop anyways," Chan answered nonchalantly. At least he didn't tell Jack about the map, who knew what he would have done with that. "So what are you doing all this for then? If you don't plan on doing anything here, why go through all the trouble?" I couldn't believe my ears. "You might not know any human decency, but I'm not leaving the townspeople set to become slaves forever."

Chan glared at me, as if I was in the wrong. As much as I wanted to call him out on it all, I knew that if I did right now I'd get into way more trouble. "Anyways, we're just trying to look out for the people here. No matter what, it's unfair. I think it's best if you take over the part of switching the discs our crew will make." He sighed. "Minho, why don't you go fill Jack in on everything he needs to know? I'd like to have a little talk with Y/N." Without hesitation Minho put me beside him again. "I don't think that's a good idea," he insisted.

I wanted to take him up on it, but avoiding Chan wasn't going to last forever either. I put his arm down, stepping in front of him with a small reassuring smile. "It's fine, I wanted to have a word with him as well," I answered, my eyes piercing through Chan's. If he was going to be like this with me already, I wasn't going to have him decide it all without consulting any of us first.

Chan tilted his head, not having expected it. Minho switched glanced between the two of us, agreeing with an awfully displeased look. "You keep me updated," he told me, "and you better not take this too far," he threatened Chan. Chan was about to comment back, but decided to keep shut after all. "You follow me, we'll discuss this back in my room." The two guys left, with one final warning glare from Minho.

I let myself fall down on the bed, my hair still wet from the shower. Chan quickly went into the bathroom, throwing one of the towels in my face. "You should dry it, before you catch a cold." I knew it shouldn't, but I honestly wish he'd stop being considerate for a second, I wasn't going to soften up, I was already too annoyed for that. I wrapped it around my head, not in the mood to actually put in effort.

Chan sat down behind me, undoing it and drying it himself. I pulled away, turning to face him. "Listen, if you're going to get mad at me, could you stop being this nice in the meantime? It's seriously frustrating, because I have no idea what I'm supposed to expect," I shouted out. Chan sighed, putting the towel down again. "I wasn't going to get mad. Am I annoyed? Most definitely, but I was trying to keep it to myself and not blame you."

I scoffed. "How could I have known that he was going to come into my room, which I had locked, while I was showering? Was I just supposed to sniff that he was going to harass me? Of course I'm not to blame." Chan turned away, clearly becoming more bothered by the second. "Why were you on coms anyways? We made these different lines for privacy, not so you could just sneak in and listen."

"Last time I checked we were on my line with Jisung, so I'm gonna guess you're still switched to mine and forgot to change back." Chan looked down, realizing that I was probably right. "Still, that doesn't mean you should have kept on listening. I don't know what exactly you know about the conversation, I won't ask, but the more that's happening the more sure I'm becoming of this one thing." I let out another scoff. "Oh, and what is that?"

"You should stay out of this mission from now on."