Chapter 17: Reunited

Author's Note: To start, I know that not all the characters in this chapter are in the video, but I'm sure you can all imagine they are; anyway I thought this would be a suitable video, what do you think about it?

Elena's P.O.V

It's hard not to smile and fondle over the young beauty: Hope Mikaelson. Having her in my arms feels, just perfect and complete. How could anyone ever think about harming her?

Cami brings a bottle of milk to me; she's been here for Hope, I can see that, so Hope hasn't been unloved and alone; without a family. As I gaze into her wide eyes I feel completed, because I'm here for her; I really envy the time that's coming, my own baby boy or girl, I don't want a life of danger and to leave her behind:

I can picture it as clear as day; a clear field of grass, the sun ever so bright and soaking up everything and everyone in its luminescent light, me and all of my friends are sitting in the field, Elijah and I sit together, I'm holding my baby in my arms; its a girl (I can still picture it as a boy; I'd want both a daughter and a son). Elijah brushes our baby's small hand with his finger, a smile is present upon his face and no danger is present, all is well and perfect.

"Mind if I hold her a minute?" Cami reaches out her arms.

"Here." slowly I pass her onto Cami.

I watch Elijah walk out the front door to our house; we'll wait here until everyone arrives, and then we will go our separate ways.

"What's wrong?" Elijah has an eager look on his face.

"They're coming." I look the same way as Elijah, a red car driving towards us.

"Rebekah. She has Marcel, Davina and Josh with her."

When the car comes to a stop the four of them get out of the car, first Rebekah rushed to hug Elijah, she looks ever so happy to see her brother again. Cami approaches her with Hope in her arms, Rebekah takes her and kisses her nieces forehead with relief.

Josh, Marcel and Davina watch happily from the background, very eagerly I walk to the three of them, Davina hugs me tight; we don't know each other that well, but I guess a friend isn't always someone you know for a long time. Marcel moves in after to hug me:

"Thank you for saving her." he's pointing to Hope.

I look confused; what's Hope mean to him.

"Oh yeah, Hopes kind of... my, uh.... ...adopted sister."

My eyes bulge open in shock.

"Klaus is your adopted father?!"

"Yeah."

"Anyway Elena, I'd like you to meet Josh." Marcel changes the subject.

"Nice to meet you, Elena right?"

"Yes."

He shakes my hand, I give him a short hug back.

"Ok, this is a little weird."

"Josh, she's Elijah's girlfriend, that makes her our friend." Davina joke.

"I'm sorry, I heard my name, what was that?" Elijah's joined our little chat.

We all look at him embarrassed; did he hear what Davina said?

"Save your voices, I heard."

"You're her boyfriend?" Josh gestures to us both, he looks incredulous.

"Would you say that you're my boyfriend, Elijah?" I ask him with a flirting look in my face.

"Boyfriend?!" Rebekah and Cami join us; Rebekah holds Hope in her arms.

"Actually, yes. I suppose I would call myself Elena's 'boyfriend.'" he puts emphasis on the boyfriend part.

"Wouldn't lovers or soon to be mother and father best suit you both?" even Cami's making jokes now.

"Call us whatever you want to, but we are together, in love and..." Elijah covers my mouth with his hand to shut me up; it's all a joke.

Everybody starts laughing, even I do although I'm being silenced by Elijah. I struggle out of it and look at Elijah trying to suppress a laugh. Elijah takes my waist and spins me round, we kiss as he puts me back down. Everyone saw us and they look happy, Josh giggles a little and Hope laughs out happily.

Before we know it we notice two werewolves running our way, they in the middle of us both, Josh bends down to hug the black-grey wolf; he seems to know him well, I never thought I'd see a vampire and werewolf together as friends.

"Who is that?" I ask.

"That is Aiden, Josh's boyfriend."

Once again I feel shocked and my eyes pop wide open; one more time and I think I'll need a pair of new eyes.

"This is Jackson, he's a very close friend of Hayley's, actually they were both betrothed, they still are in fact."

Jackson's wolf form is more brown coloured. Betrothed to Hayley?

Rebekah hand Hope over Elijah so that she can hug me; I'm the only one she left out, she remembers now. I close my arms around her at the same time; we're all safe, now we just need to wait for Klaus, Hayley... and Caroline, my best friend.

*****

Hayley's P.O.V

Klaus and I have barely spoken a word to each other since we set off on our journey, Caroline has given me very despicable looks along the way, but she and I haven't had one of our old fights; not yet anyway.

My mind is completely fixated on my daughter right now:

Ever since I became hybrid strength and speed are now my greatest abilities, but at nights I cried myself to sleep, I wrecked valuable things and I never thought of anything other than how I just wanted to hold my baby in my arms again; nothing else mattered to me.

Sitting in the back with Nick; Aiden's little brother and Kol, I'm getting squashed between them both in the middle; Nick may be only twelve/thirteen, but he's certainly growing and growing, Kol on the other hand is the usual: unpredictable, sneaky and devious. After he attacked me, Elena and Elijah he's sort of helping us?! And Klaus is choosing to trust him?

*****

Klaus brings the car to a stop at a nice little cottage-like house. Everyone undoes their seat belts, I erupt from the car and run, refusing to stop until I can see my baby lying in the arms of Elijah.

Everyone smiles at me brightly, I make a few steps forward as Elijah pours his arms out to me, bearing Hope I take her in my arms, she smiles at the sight of me, I hug her close to me and breathe out in relief.

Now I can make things right, I turn to see Klaus, he's not as angry as I pictured he would be, I let him hold Hope and watch as he smiles lovingly at our baby daughter. While he holds her I take her hand with my finger and begin to feel redeemed.

"Thank you, Elena." I hug her graciously.

"I didn't save her alone, Elijah and Cami helped."

"Yes Elena, but you stayed by her side the whole time we ran from Esther, Mikael and Finn." Cami explains.

"Elena doesn't give herself enough credit!" Caroline yells from behind.

"Caroline!"

I watch as Elena and Caroline thrust their arms around each other; they both have tears in their eyes, they really are the best of friends.

*****

Klaus' P.O.V

Carrying my daughter, I beckon to Elena, she approaches me like a friend, I wait until she stands before me that I rope her with my spare arm across her back and breathe out onto her shoulders; at the same time tears stream from my eyes and soak up her top.

"You saved my child's life, for that I am ever so grateful." I say looking at her with my tear ridden eyes.

"You're welcome." Elena's eyes fill with more tears as she hugs me again.

I watch Elijah smile at me while Elena holds me close.

Our family is reunited, at long last.