Chapter 20: Elena's Powers

Elena's P.O.V

"Aren't you tired?" Elijah asks softly.

He has his arm stretched across me; his arm keeps me warm, I connect my fingers with his hand on top of my shoulder.

"Of course I am." I reply.

"This is at least the second, third time, what's wrong?"

"I don't know."

"You know I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you, if you're having a nightmare then tell me."

"And you'll enter my mind and give me a fantasy dream?"

"Only if it's what you want."

"I'm not having a nightmare, it's my powers; they go a little weird and I feel like I'm seeing things, but I can't make them out. Its like visions, only they're blurry. Do you understand?"

"Yes. Your powers clearly have some other parts that'll take some getting used to."

"I guess that's true."

"What do you think you see?"

"Memories, the past; my past, other people's past and the other side."

"You can see the other side?" Elijah releases me from his arm, I turn myself to face him.

"That's right. I see people who have died a supernatural. Only, sometimes it feels like there's more to see; another supernatural purgatory, maybe."

"Who's past have you seen?"

"I saw into Klaus' past; when he was born, as he grew up and his real father."

I have explained as much as possible; seeing into the past, the other side and something more, it feels like my powers are growing stronger every day.

"I'll enter the other side again tonight. When I wake again, I'll tell you everything I saw."

Elijah smiles at me brightly, and runs his hand through my hair and pulls himself in closer to me.

"Just try and get some sleep."

"Absolutely."

*****

The Other Side

Waking up to a light blue covering; the blurriness remains, slowly as every second starts to pass I can see clearly, everything is clear; I have entered the other side.

Staring at the bed, I lay asleep; so I am now in spiritual form, walking the grounds and the walls of another world, one that is invisible to every soul; including supernaturals, even Elijah, I'm alone.

Marcel wanders the living room, standing by the fireplace, Gia and Josh accompany him. They can't see me, but I can touch them, Gia shakes as my hand strokes her shoulder; so they can feel my presence.

"What is it, Gia?" Josh asks.

"Feels like someone just walked over my grave." she replies.

"Esther! She must be using a spell to put her spirit here." Marcel puts a metal poker into the fire and raises it to my face; it remains raised just before my face, sweat and heat begin to disperse across my forehead spreading to all over my face.

"Marcel, please, it's me!" I beg for my life.

The poker slaps my arm and I feel s burning pain seep through me, a burning red rash covers my arm; I have to get back to my body, I close my eyes and concentrate; a swish sound goes off and I'm away from them.

*****

Now I'm standing in a forest; it looks familiar somehow. As I explore the the edges and every part I see people waiting, sitting around or just standing and watching at what's happening.