Chapter 27: Home

Elena's P.O.V
Coming back here, feels like I left ages ago, I have no idea why I feel this way but it's just what my mind is telling me. As Elijah parks the car outside of the Salvatore Boarding house I rejoice at finally staring at a familiar scene again. The car comes to a full stop, I remain seated, leaning my head against my window and running a whole variety of thoughts through my head, I am oblivious to almost everyone else getting out of the car.

*****
Nick charges for the Boarding house upon the moment that he is free from the car, his older brother Aiden walks next to Josh and they are soon joined by the rest of our group; I guess it's the most sensitive word to use for us. Cami walks alongside Marcel towards the house, I am reawakened from my daydream when Elijah begins reciting what Cami is saying:
"Cami thinks that the house reminds her of the haunted house ride that she rode when she was a teenager."

I smile in slight amusement to Elijah's rewording of Cami's speech. We take each other's hands in one for a second, then I'm more than happy to get myself out of the car. Coming back to Mystic Falls was bad enough, but coming back to escape a wicked witch was even worse and speaking of witches; I still have an array of powers that I need to figure out about and learn how to use wisely. Everything seems to be getting on top of me that I forget on occasion that I'm pregnant; I'm fairly recent, so it will take some time before I'm under the vigilant eyes of everyone here.

That time is still a ways off.

*****
Josh's P.O.V
Aiden and I are together; like always. A vampire and a werewolf are maybe not the best couple, but it matters not. Of course it hasn't escaped my mind that as time passes away, Aiden will grow older while I remain frozen and trapped in my young grown man body and physical form. Good thing Nick's with us, Aiden at least has his younger brother with him as company other than me. Though Aiden and I will always see everything through to the end together.

"Hey, Aiden what do you suppose we should do now that we're in a new town?" Aiden and I have been used to New Orleans for so long that this new town will involve a serious adaptation.

"I don't know, grab a bite to eat together, get a drink, go to a movie or just walk together." Aiden is running through and entire list of typical activities that couples; boyfriends do on a daily basis.

"Forget about someone?" Nick ensnares Aidens attention as well as mine, we both feel close together that we now feel embarrassed and humiliated from the ogling eyes of a third member of our group; threes a crowd they say.

Aiden and I give ourselves a light peck on the lips as we join Nick and continue our short walk together as one.

*****
Rebekah's P.O.V
"Hey, Rebekah." my attention is roped towards Caroline as she comes towards me.

"What can I do for you blonde girl?" I amuse myself by calling her that.

Caroline turns her head back to see Klaus helping Jackson and Hayley carry Hope in her car seat.
"What do you suppose that wolf has to do with Klaus?" A question we're all wondering.

"Our mother will know, but she will obviously not tell us." I reply.

I continue my walk, Caroline falls behind me as I get closer towards the others. Marcel stops talking to Cami when I'm right by his side and roping my arm through his. Marcel is at first distracted, but at the same time joyed to have me next to him.

"Hey, so you think your family are really here to help?" Marcel asks staring towards my brothers; Kol and Finn, my allegedly deceased sister Freya and mother Esther.

"Our family has been at war for a long time, we mustn't let our guard up." I urge him.

"Klaus will do what Klaus is good at, ripping off limbs." Cami has her eyes connected on Klaus.