Chapter 7: What is Happening?

Rebekah's P.O.V

22:25

How unexpected. Marcel made it completely clear that he could handle Hope, now he wants my help; purely typical, he's probably just trying to get me back- I should tell him about Matt- as much as I love the idea of seeing him again... it's just not the right time.

But I'm on my way, back to New Orleans.

'Hey, this is Marcel, leave a message, if ot's urgent I'll be on it like a witch and vampire on fire.' his voice mail.

"Marcel, it's Rebekah, I'll be in New Orleans soon, so please call me back when you get this."

*****

After 300 years I assumed that coming back would be like meeting a stranger; the whole citys different from how I remember it, coming back yet again is amazing, but at the same time terrifying. Me and my brothers just dealt with our greatest challenge yet, this may as well be another, to be honest it's getting irritating and I'm getting too old for this sort of stuff (I'm more than 1,000 years old, yet I don't look a day over at least 22).

Nows not th time to focus on the past, I need to pour all of my attention onto the current situation; being my neice being looked after, just not entirely like an infant should be, except I see it as an excuse for me to be roped back in by the man who's been in love with me for more than 300 years. What am I supposed to do about this?

*****

I'm just about to reach the house, I'm pulling in, but then.... I'm out like a light.

*****

Hayley's P.O.V

7 HOURS AGO

15:25

The flight is booked, we have our luggage all packed up and in the car, Elijah drives. I sit in the back while he and Elena sit in the front; I feel emasculated sitting in the back, Elijah clearly hasn't gotten over last nights events, he won't even talk to me.

"Elijah, do you think that we could pull over for a while, I...." Elena cups her hand over her mouth and holds the other on top of jer stomach.

"Elena, are you ok?" Elena responds with an anxious shaking of her head.

"She's going to be sick, pull over and let her out, didn't you understand this sort of stuff when it was me in this position?"

Elijah ignores me, pulls over on the side of the road where there's grass and Elena jumps out fast; like crazy fast, actually.

*****
With Elena out and regurgitating I get into her empty front seat before Elijah vacates the car.

"Did you even hear what I just said?" I ask him.

"Look, Elena's being sick and I need to deal with it, stay in the car." Elijah levaes the car.

That was rather rude, but then what can I hope to expect; a welcome hug? a new start? No. Elijah and I haven't said a word to each other, ever since I took Hope out from under them he and his siblings have pretended that I never existed (or at least I believe that he has).

Time to off the tagent, my phone's vibrating; it's Marcel.

"Hello, Marcel!" my voice sounds very excited, but mixed up with a judgemental attitude.

"Hayley, listen, I know that you must be feeling freaked out, look Hope's safe, she's going to be all right, Rebekah's coming to New Orleans and we'll explain everything to you then."

"What're you talking about?"

"Just get to New Orleans, we'll tell you everyting."

He hangs up, again he held back on the truth, but if he really meant what he said then the three of us are getting to New Orleans; Pronto Dente!