Chapter 21: An Old Face

??? P.O.V
"Hello Finn."

Their faces are struck like that've witnessed ghosts, worse a haunting demon that links within them and torments them to the end of their sanity. Esther is blank at the sight of me, what if she recognises me? Finn is masking his fear with his ferocity and hatred, but he won't harm me.

"Who are you?" Finns face marks deep judgement towards me.

"I was hoping that perhaps you could figure that out for yourself. Then again, you've changed a lot yourself." I reply puzzling him.

"What is this enchantress?" Mikael, he's become a monster, a vicious soulless creature of utter darkness; he hunts what he hates, and the one he wants rid of more than anything: Klaus.

"Mikael, I never thought that I'd ever see your face again, I was but a child when you left and now you've been aged by the turning hands of time." he lowers his guard, his eyes open affectionately.

As I enter their domain, Finn raises his hand to hex me. His power is nothing compared that of my own, any power that can match mine is in the hands of a far greater wicked sorceress, one that will devour us all whole.

"Finn, try to remember me. Do you remember when you were a little boy? We used to hide from mother and father, you used to cry yourself to sleep at night, but whenever I was with you your tears stopped falling, remember?" Finns hand trembles at my words.

He studies me, scanning my youth, my resemblance toward Esther, my cunning personality that rivals that of him and his mother and father.

"No." Finns denial says it all; he remembers me.

"Don't you remember when you used to hide in the bush or behind the trees, I always found you, I never betrayed you, never let anything bad happen to you. Truthfully I was the one that saved you, tears sprouted from your eyes endlessly upon the day I was taken from our family." Finn looks as though he's growing weak like an old man who is short of breath.

"At night I could look inside your mind, your sanity was nothing but mere grief, but your tears stopped all because if me, I told you never to cry. Finn, don't tear my heart from me and tell me that who I am is not known to you."

Finn breaths heavily, I can vaguely make out a tear that is beginning in his eye.

"It's okay to cry now, my little brother."

"Freya." Finn says with his last breath being taken.

Not a word is spoken as I hold my little brother in my arms, despite how young I am it fills me with joy and pride to see my family again, now that Finn has aged more than me; he's the oldest, I always thought of Finn as a big brother to me as I grew up with him.

When parted- Finn never touched me- Finn feels my face, softly brushing the side of my cheek, his hand travels down my arm, I raise my hand as he covers it with his own; there's no denying it now, I have returned.

"It's me, Finn, I have come back." Finn can't bring himself to speak, instead only allow the tears to stream endlessly down his cheeks.

I brush the tears away from his cheeks and settle my hand, delicately on the skin of his cheek:
Back when Finn was a baby, I held his hand and stroked his bare head, he loved it, his smile was as bright as a drop of the rays that descended from the sun.

*****
"My child, is it really you." Esther holds my hand.

I smile at her lovingly.

"Why, yes mother. After all I am your daughter, your oldest daughter, aren't I?"

Esther exhales strongly and ropes me in by her arms, holding me tight against her chest. With my eyes wide open, father; standing like a nobel warrior; which he was when I knew him a thousand years ago:

I watched as he drew his sword one night, a night when villagers had began to slaughter the innocent lives of others; it was all in an effort to eliminate anyone who might have caught the plague, or was in danger of so.

"Father." I part form mother and hug him like the daughter that he knew a millennia ago.

"Freya.... You haven't aged at all that much."

I breathe out in a laugh through my nose, time has been slowed down for me, but for father his face has changed and grown a bit older, but not a lot; looking inside his eyes I can still see the young faced Norwegian who I called father.

"I missed you so much, father."

"Why didn't you tell me?" he turns to Esther in a judging manner.

"Father. " I return his attention towards me.

Mikael focuses on me again, he can't break the bond he's feeling right now.

"Mother had no choice. Dahlia, her sister put a curse on our family, a curse that would allow her to claim the first born child of each Mikaelson generation. If mother had told you, and you defied Dahlia, then Finn and all of our siblings would be taken, Dahlia would than have killed you both." I tell him

"Where is Dahlia? Is she with you?" Mother asks frighteningly.

"No. I fled from her years ago, I have hidden from her since." I assure her.

"Why have you come to us now?" Finn asks.

I would never tell a lie to my own brother, nor my own parents.

"Because I'm here to help, you."

Mother, father and Finn are staring blank-faced at me again.

AUTHORS NOTE:
I apologise if I've maybe rushed ahead a little bit, I'm currently busy with my new Saving Hope fanfic.
firstly, I would like to say that Freya's allegiance will be explored over the next chapter and most of the trio of Mikaelsons in this chapter will follow in her footsteps, but one will now.....

WHO DO YOU THINK THAT WILL BE?
HOEP YPU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. :)

P.S the music video on this chapter is from the episode of The Originals Freya meets Finn again and hugs him.