Chapter 12: Klaus' birth

Author's Note: For those of you who will read this be warned; there may be a bit of a gruesome scene.

The Eleventh Century; The Year 1000

Esther's P.O.V

"Esther, let me help you."

I am guided across the grassy fileds towards my own house, Ansel keeps a hold of me as we both cross the ground firmly with our feet, I feel as though I'm about to fall, I can't bear it anymore.

"Ansel, you have to leave, you can't be here."

"Esther, this is my child, your baby boy or girl needs its father."

We are both just mere inches away from my door.

"Ansel, I'm sorry, but the child will be born and will grow up to be Mikael's child, I'm sorry, but it won't be yours."

The door is opening, Mikael must've heard me.

"Ansel, you have to go now. If Mikael finds out about you, that the child is yours then he'll have you and I killed along with it."

Ansel leaves before Mikael has any chance at noticing him. Mikael has come out through the door.

*****

"Esther?" Mikeal is shocked to see me like this.

"Mikael, I have another child, it's coming now!"

Mikael helps me inside, our children are asleep in their beds. I'm in pain. I can't stop the feeling. As I scream Elijah and Finn are woken, they both get out of bed and run towards the fireplace. Mikael guides me to the nearest chair at the back of the house.

"Finn, Elijah, both of you go outside and wait for me." Mikael urges the boys.

Finn and Elijah look scared as I watch them leave the house. Elijah walks over to me, he touches my hand with his own; he always was the 'nobel one' always there for me, I was sure he would grow up to be a great man someday.

"Mother." I take Elijah's hand and place it over me, where the baby is.

Elijah looks happy and surprised.

"Elijah, did I not tell you to wait outside with your brother?" Mikael takes Elijah's hand and walks him outside the door.

"Don't be frightened, Elijah." I call to him.

*****

Mikael's P.O.V

"Finn, Elijah I need you both to stay outside, but don't go anywhere. I promise you your mother and I won't be long."

"Father, is mother having another child?" Finn asks me.

"Yes. You're both about to have a little brother or sister." I close the door after telling them.

*****

When I go back inside I can see Esther; she looks tired, weak, exhausted. I go to her side and hold her hand tight; my wife and I already lost our first child, our oldest daughter; Freya, we still have Finn and Elijah, I won't lose this one.

"Esther, be strong my love." I stroke the side of her cheek gently.

"Mikael, I can do this, if we could save Finn and Elijah from the fate that we lost Freya to then we can save this child as well."

Esther begins to breate heavily, her heart is beating fast, I can feel it with my hand on her heart, she is burning hot, the heat is too much for her. Ever since Freya died I shunned my wife, left her alone and never acted as a proper husband I should have; this child can change all of that, this child will heal the wound in our family.