Chapter 28: Family Feud

Esther's P.O.V
When we enter the front door of the Salvatore Boarding house I notice that Finn and Kol begin to convulse and groan in pain. This can only be the result of their power as warlocks beginning to fade away.

"What's happening?!" Davina asks holding onto Kol as he shakes and almost hits the floor.

"To explain it for you, the spell that I used to cure Kol and Finn of their vampirism and make them human/warlocks, it would only last for as long as they had their magic, break that and take it away from them, and they would revert back into vampires. I assume that a spell was placed upon every inch of this house to prevent other witches from using their magic, correct Elena?" Elena is the mastermind behind this doing, her face makes an expression of being caught and denounced as the one responsible.

"You're right, I put a spell on the house, no witches can use their magic unless I say they can." Elena answers that I was not lying.

Freya and Davina make attempts at using their magic, but have no effect, nothing happens. I watch Finn and Kol as their fangs and veins return to them and once agin they are the vampires that I and Mikael turned them into a millennia ago. Their bloodlust and her will be unpleasantly insatiable, I must do it:
Revealing two white oak ash daggers from my pocket; I'll have to put them down, for now.

I walk closer towards Finn, his veins and bloodlust is growing more by the minute. He has hold of my wrists, fangs and small drops of drool escape his mouth as he is prepared to feed from me. Elena keeps him immobile; long enough for me to put the dagger into his heart.

"Davina, Freya, use your magic, keep Kol under control." Elena permits them to make use of their magical abilities.

Finns face remains the horror of a bloodthirsty monster, but he can't harm anyone. Holding the dagger in my hand, I hold onto his shoulder and journey to where his heart is.

"Finn, I'm so sorry." the dagger penetrates his skin and he groans in pain as the veins begin to gather over every inch of his body. Rebekah and Freya both gather over his body, they keep him steady as he falls flat on his side.

"Now for Kol." Davina keeps him from lashing out. At the same time, she causes him pain, and she is pained by what she is doing to him.

I plunge the dagger into his heart and watch in resentment as he also falls into a deep, black slumber. Elijah rushes to his body and lowers it to the ground steadily.

"Thank you, Elijah." I give him my gratitude.

"Esther, I'm sorry, I didn't know this would happen." Elena asks for my forgiveness.

Elena; using her new powers; the most powerful magic in the world, actually to protect and keep harm away from us is just like her, but it is clear that she has no trust for me, not if she won't allow me to use my own magic.

"Where're we going to put their bodies?" Freya gently traces the pattern across Finns face.

"We have room in the dungeons downstairs." Stefan and Damon offer their help to us.

*****
"Just like old times." me seated in a chair; Klaus has me in chains that prevent me from using my magic, in spite of the fact that Elena's spell already keeps me from it.

"Mother. How long it's been. I have certainly, with all my heart.... not missed you." Klaus, what surprises are there from him?

"Nik, stop it." Rebekah always was less brutal than him.

Rebekah approaches Klaus, suddenly it feels like a thousand years ago, Klaus looked into Rebekah's eyes like a challenge, one in which his anger consumed him and let him overpower the weaker victim. They had just become vampires at that point, Klaus' werewolf gene was taking it's toll, yet I'd played my part well, I took precautions in handing him a necklace, fashioned from the wolfs bane potion that I bound to it; Klaus never lost control and hurt anyone. It was an utmost futile effort on my behalf.