Chapter 25: The Journey Begins

Kol's P.O.V
Considering that I've had a lot more experience than my older brother, sister and my mother in the world and life, I'm the one driving the car. Having been awakened from my dagger slumber I had the chance to practice at driving, I haven't regretted any moment of it.

"Impressive Kol, you certainly have picked up quite a lot in your rather limited life." mother remarks in a very complex tons of voice.

"Thank you mother." I reply.

"Still going solo?" Finn pats my shoulder from the passenger seat right next to me.

I take a moment to notice him as my hands remain attached to the steering wheel.

"Let's just say that I have found an alliance alongside young Davina, she's beautiful and Elena has proven to has mastery of very strong power. As we're family, the best we could do is be a proper one and maybe renew our alliances with each other." my words have more than answered Finns question.

Now we all remain silent and secluded to ourselves; the rest of our family and all the others clearly have no trust towards us.

"You know that's not true Kol." Freya's speaking to me.

"Did you just read my mind?" I turn to speak to her.

"Eyes on the road!" Finn turns my attention back to the driving.

"I did. Kol, you know that Elena trusts you, she trusts us all, give the others time, they will come to understand." Freya is defending Elena; she had a hand in my death as a vampire.

"You defend the Petrova girl, her power is just something that you want for yourself." I accuse her.

"Kol, I never met you, but now that I finally have I want nothing more than you by my side as the brother that I was taken from many years before you were born." Freya sounds very pleading.

"Kol, I am not fond of our new alliance, but I trust Freya, my older sister, if she chooses to trust them, I will follow her footsteps." Finn defends the stranger who claims to be the first born of our family.

"Don't you have anyone you trust? Kol?" Mother questions my morals.

"No." I lie, for now my trust lies only with her; Davina.

*****
Hayley's P.O.V
Hope rests, ever so sound and undisturbed, Jackson hand moves my hair from my shoulder as he slowly takes a light squeeze so as to give me comfort. I can help manage a smile to show my gratitude to his company and being here with me.

Jackson watches over my baby girl as though she is his own, my baby means the world to me, but those that have helped protect her, love her, care for her and keep her safe are all those that I have befriended; Elena and Elijah helped save my baby; Elijah and Elena are happy together, so I should leave it at that.

"Jackson, I never told you that I..." I begin to tell Jackson the truth.

"Never told me what?" he asks in response.

"About her, our daughter." I motion to Klaus.

"Why are you talking about this now?" Jackson looks confused.

I suck in deep as I prepare to give him the full truth.

"Because as my werewolf suitor, I figured that I should have been truthful to the one who always watched over me and told me the truth about who I am and where I came from." I can feel the built slowly evaporating from deep inside of me.

"You don't have to beat yourself up, I understand." Jackson gives me a smile.

I lay my hand out for him to hold, he takes it and before I know it, he leans forward and kisses me. Caroline and Klaus will notice from the front, but I can't even make out their presence here right now.