One

*

* .
˚ ✩ .   ·   .
*      ✩ ˚
.          
         · ⊹   +.                          
* .
˚ ✩ .   ·   .
*      ✩ ˚
.          
         · ⊹

Y/N

        So here I am on a bridge. My vision was buried I looked down. Tears crowded in my eyes, I could hear the sound of blaring horns and people screaming out of their windows for me to get down.

Yet I couldn't... I knew I could just start all over, try to study towards something... But I couldn't. I wasted half my life dedicating myself to music and I couldn't even make that...

Soft steps sounded on the ground, "You gonna jump?''

I turned my teary eyes towards the sidewalk right next to me. There was a man... dark eye bags and purple messy hair. He was holding a bag of groceries.

"What?'' I answered clutching the pole on the side of me.

"I said... are you gonna jump?'' he reached into his pocket pulling out a lighter, A loose cigarette hung from his lips. He held a jagged look. Like he'd been sleep-deprived for months.

I let out a sad-sounding chuckle, This man was really asking me if I was planning on jumping off a bridge I already planned on jumping off of. It kinda irritated me. "What does it matter to you?'' I seethed out.

"Someone's gotta call the cops when you jump.'' he lit the cigarette and drew a puff from it.

"GET DOWN!'' a woman with brown hair screamed out of her car. That seemed to make my ears pop. they'd been freezing at the temperature of Musutafu, Japan...

"Seems like people are waiting, You gonna jump?'' he asked again.

I looked back at the dazzling lights of Japan, the night sky, the moon..."Y-yes... I am. Right now-"

"No, you're not...'' A purple haze casted over the man's pupils... I quickly realized I couldn't move, A numbing sensation traveled over my limbs....

"you're going to get down, and walk with me... far away from this bridge,'' he commanded and I listened. I dropped to my hands and knees sliding off the barrier connecting to the bridge from the water below. I couldn't control myself. I was screaming inside my head as I followed the man down the street.

WHAT THE FUCK?

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

He hummed a tune to himself as we walked... left, right, left... A police station? He held the glass door open for me as I unwillingly walked in. He threw down his cigarette, "Sit.." he demanded pointing to a small waiting room. My body once again disobeyed ME. I sat on the cushioned seat.

Fuck! Why can't I just kill myself in peace!

Who does this guy think he is?

WHY CAN'T I MOVE?

I watched as the man pulled out his wallet and handed the officer a card... ID maybe? He looked over to me and the officer walked in front of me pulling out a pair of handcuffs. He cuffed me to the chair and the haze faded from the scraggly looking man's eyes, I let out a gasp and pulled my chained hand. Bad enough I hated the police and now I'm cuffed to a chair in a station.

"YOU CAN'T KEEP ME HERE!'' I screamed. Yanking my Hand over and over, trying to escape my cuffs.

"..... you said suicide watch correct?" the officer asked the man, completely ignoring me.  "Yeah...'' the man shoved his hand in his pocket. The officer hummed in agreement walking away.

"What does my life matter to you!?'' I screamed at him. My breathing was frantic. I hated looking insane but I was just another stranger to him, so why stop me?

He walked over to me, squatting down to face me, "Why doesn't it matter enough for you to value it?" he asked.

Because I worked my ass off for a scholarship, applied to four colleges and each one turned me down, I gave everything for my dream to come true... moved from the US when I was fifteen, left everything behind, I let my family disown me. Only get turned away so many times because I'm foreign to Japan Because I'm black...

I swallowed, "Where overpopulated anyway.''

He gave me a crooked smirk, "What's your name?''

I narrowed my eyes at the man, "Do you really have to know?'' I asked."It will be confidential...'' he replied. I let out a sigh, "Y\N,
L/N...''

"Great... Y/N, I'm Hitoshi.''

"Hitoshi!'' An officer called, he turned to face him. "Our twenty-four-hour holds are full. You're a Pro hero correct?'' Hitoshi shook his head standing up. "Great, you got a family?" the male asked me, waiting for a response. "No.'' I plainly stated, "I'm alone."

"Great then our Pro hero here should have no problem holding you till morning.'' with no more words he walked up to me and un-cuffed me. I rubbed my wrist scowling.

"Contact this number if you're having issues again...''

Issues? Is he fucking serious?

He held up a business card, I snatched it away from him with a sarcastic 'Thanks..''

Hitoshi waved me to come on as he held the building's door open. Great, they were letting me leave with a man that could control me, mind, body, and soul, like some Marionette.