Chapter Thirty-Six

"I'm grounded."

"No shit, Mar," Gilinsky laughs, "Me too."

"So why are you calling me?" I ask, trying not to sound too impatient. "I'm supposed to be walking Violet, not talking to you."

"Well isn't someone in a feisty mood today," He jokes.

"Jack, shut up," I plead. "I have to go, if Dad sees me on the phone he'll flip shit."

"No he won't."

He was right. I know he wouldn't. If anything, he'd give me a stern lecture and take my phone away for like half the day. After yesterday, I'm starting to realize that Dad isn't so keen on giving out punishments. He says he hates it and the tension it'd put between us.

"I'm pretty sure you're dad is way more strict than mine," I say, "So why do you have your phone?"

The line goes silent for a couple seconds until I hear him mumble, "I stole it from the hiding spot."

"Put it back where you found it dumbass," I order, hanging up before he can say another word.

I shove the phone back in my pocket and continue to walk Violet down the street. I start thinking about everything that happened yesterday morning, and I'm honestly still shocked.

After Jack left Dad came into my room and just looked at me for a while, not saying anything. The silence was killing me so I asked him what my punishment was and he said that I was grounded. Way to be specific, right? So when I asked him what he was taking away he told me he wasn't taking anything away. Just that I was forbidden to go out on a date with Jack without supervision or constant calls home and I was on dog walking duty for the rest of the week.

I guess he's not used to having a kid around he's supposed to manage. Lucky me, I got off pretty easy.

Jack, on the other hand, got his phone taken away for two weeks, and is on lockdown until further notice. His dad's really disappointed in him for sneaking me out which makes me laugh a little because it's not like my dad was making it that big of a deal. He was disappointed to, but he understood where we were coming from when we explained ourselves.

But I do get it, if Jack didn't have consequences for doing half of the shit he's probably done he'd keep doing it over and over again. That's the kind of guy he is. Me, if I get in trouble for one thing once, I never do it again. That's just how it is.

As I continue my walk with Violet I push aside all thoughts of what happened the prior night and try to just focus on her. My left hand grips tighter onto her leash as I bend down to pet her soft head with my right.

We walk in silence for a couple more minutes until I spot Sam coming my way a few feet ahead. His hands are stuffed in his pockets and his head hangs down. I don't think he sees us.

"Sammy!" I call out, shooting him a smile. His head jerks up and he smiles back, giving me a small wave.

"Hey," He greets, taking long strides to meet up with me and Violet.

"What're you up too?" I ask, as we fall in step. He leans down to pet Violet real quick before turning his attention back to me.

"Just taking a walk."

"Why?"

"Can't a man just take a walk?" He chuckles.

"I was just wondering," I blush. "You've been going on a lot of walks lately."

"And how would you know?"

"I'm not stalking you," I quickly assure him. "I don't know, I was just saying."

"So what're you up to?"

"Walking Violet."

"Why?" He teases.

"It's a part of my punishment," I tell him, slapping his shoulder.

At first he seems amused, but then his face contorts in confusion.

"Punishment?"

"For the date thing," I inform him.

"Oh," He says, suddenly remembering. "Yeah, sorry I couldn't cover for you guys."

"Don't sweat it."

"So where'd you even go?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I joke, raising my eyebrows.

"Nooo," He laughs, but it sounds forced. "I'm just wondering because you guys weren't answering your phones."

"It's a secret." I continue to push his buttons, grabbing Violet's leash and prancing away.

"Hey!" He shouts, almost tripping. "This conversation isn't over!"

"Then come catch me!" I shout back, sprinting faster. So far being grounded is working out in my favor.

__________________________
AYEE I hope you liked that lol if you did and you wanna vote don't forget to do so! and sorry for any mistakes that are there I wrote this on my iPod in the locker room after practice lol so yeah chapter thirty-seven coming soon! much love - gilinskyshigh