Chapter Eleven

"I'm so sorry, Marley." Sammy's voice sounds small and nervous. I shake my head at him and swat his hands away from my shirt. 

    "It's fine, Sam, it was an accident." I tell him, snatching up the napkins he had let fall to the floor.

    As I wipe all the excess soda from my not-so-white t-shirt I start to laugh about how this even happened.

    "What's so funny?" Sammy sounds mad. I laugh even harder at how angry he is with himself.

    "The fact that you got so scared you threw your soda." 

    Sam scrunches up his face, 'It was a reflex!" He defends. 

    "You're so dumb." I say, throwing out the damp napkins. My t-shirt is stained brown from my chest to my bellybutton. 

    "I'll buy you a new shirt." Sam looks so guilty. 

    "This is a t-shirt I've had for two years already, it's not a big deal." I assure him. 

    "Does it have any sentimental value?" He seems serious. 

    "I hate you." I chuckle, pushing him back towards the door. 

    "No, no, no, I don't wanna go back in there! Are you nuts!?" 

    "Why, are you still scared?" I tease. 

    "No, I'm just embarrassed." He mumbles. 

    "Trust me, I know the feeling." I let out a sigh. 

    "Let's get something to eat. At the food court." Sam suggests. 

    "You just had a whole bag of large popcorn!" I remind him. 

    "So what? It's not like you even ate yours, so you can't be full." Sammy argues. I look down at my shirt then back at him. He cringes. "It's barley noticeable..." He lies. 

    "Let's go." I say while rolling my eyes. He pumps his fist up in the air like a little kid and races in the direction of the food court. I slowly follow him. 

    "Could you walk any slower?" Sam whines. I swear he acts like such a kid sometimes.

    "Yeah." I sneer as I stop moving my feet foward. Sam's mouth drops open.

    "You're kidding!" He yells. 

    "Don't get your panties in a twist." I protest. 

    "Again with you thinking about my underwear!" He continues to yell. I clench my teeth and watch as people stop to stare at me. 

    "Sammy, you little piece of shit, stop talking so loud." I growl at him. 

    "What if I don't?" He challenges. 

    "I'll go back to the movie with Gilinsky and Johnson where I should be right now." I threaten, crossing my arms. That seems to be enough for him because he nods fiercely. "Good boy." I skip to him and we walk at my speed towards the food court and smile to myself. Sammy's fun to be around.

______________________

    "Are you gonna finish those?" Sammy asks. He's eyeing the fries that lay on my otherwise empty tray. 

    "Yeah." I lie. I pick one up and dip it in what's left of my ketchup then stare at it for a while. 

    "You're a jackass." He tells me, "Just gimme the fries! I'm hungry!"

    "You had a large popcorn and a cheeseburger! What more can you eat?" I express. 

    Sammy gets that smirk on his face and I know he's about to say something stupid, so as soon as he opens up his mouth I shove my tray at him and tell him to be quiet.

    "Sam!" A feminine voice pierces the air and it makes my skin crawl. Sammy's head pops up and he looks behind me, his expression changing from playful to blank. I furrow my eyebrows and turn around, instantly becoming bashful. Gilinsky and Johnson are heading our way - with Leigh and Mallory tagging behind them. 

    Of course

    "Hey, guys." Sam's face stays expressionless, as does mine. 

    "Hey." I repeat. 

    "Where'd you guys go? The movie wasn't even halfway over." Gilinsky laughs as he looks down at my stained shirt. I suddenly feel self conscious. My eyes wander to Leigh and my shoulders drop. She's wearing a pretty black blouse and nice blue jeans that show off her figure. I feel like shit. 

    "It got boring." Sam says with a shrug. 

    "Yeah, it was pretty boring until Leigh and Mal showed up." Gilinsky admits. He smiles wide as he turns toward the blonde standing next to him and gives her a nudge. I want to gag.

    "That's good." I say a little too forcefully.

    "We were just gonna grab a bite and head back to my place to hang out." Gilinsky tells us, "Unless you two had other plans..." He lets his voice drift off as if waiting for us to finish his thought.

    "No." Sammy and I reply in unison. 

    "We'll wait for you guys to finish." Sammy leans back in his seat and glances over at me. I nod my head in agreement and let my eyes stay focused on the table. We were going to Jack's house...that means I'm going to have to meet his family. The burger and fries I just ate are starting to feel rejected by my stomach. 

    "Great." Johnson says, grabbing a chair and swinging it over to the table Sam and I had been sharing.  I nod my head again. 

    "Yeah...great." 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed chapter eleven, chapter twelve is coming soon. if you have any suggestions or advice feel free to tell me! don't forget to vote if you wanna! much love- gilinskyshigh