Chapter Thirty-One

"Hey, Marley, Jack!" I hear Dad shout from the kitchen. "Want to help me make some pancakes?" He asks.

    I reach for the remote to turn off the TV and look down at Gilinsky, who is currently sprawled out on the couch with his head in my lap.

    "Okay!" I shout back before pushing Jack off of me. He rolls onto the floor with a loud thud and I laugh.

    "You're gonna pay for that." He jokes, chasing me into the kitchen.

    It's been a couple weeks since I first got to Omaha and I still have no idea if I'm actually Gilinsky's girlfriend or not because every time I'm about to ask I just freak out and forget how to speak. We've been on a couple more dates, most of them at the lake. I don't really talk about my dates with Jack with Sammy anymore because he gets all fidgety. I guess he just feels awkward.

    I've been having a lot of fun here and I've gone to a couple more of Nate's parties. They're not too bad now that Jack never leaves my side when we go. Normally we just end up outside and I do sit on his lap. I can tell that makes Nate a little mad considering what happened between us the first time we met, but I just ignore him. We haven't really been on good terms since the first party.

    I haven't really seen Leigh around and even though I feel bad for thinking this way, it makes me happy. It makes me less nervous that Jack is sneaking around with her. A part of me still is negative about this whole situation but I try to focus more of the positive. 

     Mallory and Johnson are doing well, we're planning a double date soon but I have no idea where we're going. I'm excited because I love us all hanging out together, hopefully we can get Sam a girlfriend soon so we could go on a triple date or something like that.

    I've become really close with all these new people and I'm really content with how things are right now. I've been able to branch out of my shell and I’m seeing how much more outgoing I’ve become. They all bring the best out of me and I'm glad to have met them.

    Especially Dad, I haven't seen him in forever and I'm really happy that I'm spending the summer here. He's a great guy and a small part of me wishes that him and Mom would get back together, but I know that's a long shot. 

    "Pass me the eggs!" Jack whines in my ear, bringing me back to earth. 

    "Get them yourself, lazy." I whine back, pushing him away from me.

    "Oh come on, Mar, it's the least you could do after pushing me off the couch." He reminds me. 

    "Boo hoo." I tease.

    "It really hurt! I'm probably bruising right now as we speak." 

    "Don't be such a baby." 

    "I'll prove it!" Jack says while pulling off his shirt. I roll my eyes at his antics. I know exactly what he's trying to do. 

    "I'm trying to cook here, Jack." Dad says, his face scrunching up.

    "Yeah, Jack, please put your flab away." I joke.

    "You call this flab?" He asks while flexing. I laugh and pick up his shirt, then throw it at him as hard as I can. It just bounces off him back onto the floor and he continues to model for me. 

    "You're such a dork." I complain, pushing him out of the way.

    "But I'm your dork." 

    I feel my cheeks get hot and my heart starts to pick up a little. This isn't the first time he's said something like this but for some reason it makes me feel different. The way he said it was just so sincere.

    I want to kiss him, but since Dad is standing like three centimeters away, I tell him that I hate him and to get his own stupid eggs. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

I'M SUPER DUPER SORRY WOW I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE FIVE DAYS WTF IM SLACKING SO HARD. AND I KNOW THIS CHAPTER WAS KIND OF BORING BUT THAT'S BECAUSE THIS IS SORT OF A FILLER SO YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON AND STUFF SINCE I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG. I just wanted you guys to be aware of everything and understand the story so far before anything else happened. But thank you guys for being so patient and thanks for reading. Chapter Thirty-Two will be up soon and hopefully I'll post it today. There's supposed to be a blizzard or something so hopefully my power doesn't go out or anything like that. Okay anyway if you have any suggestions or advice just leave them in the comments and don't forget to vote if you'd like! much love-gilinskyshigh