Chapter Thirty-Three

I'm outside

    Playing with the ends of my hair, I lock my phone and walk towards my front door. Dad left for work and Sammy left for his place just twenty minutes ago and Gilinsky is now parked outside waiting for me. 

    Originally, the plan was supposed to be us just hanging out at my place, but now Jack wants to take me somewhere. He won't tell me where though, he never does. Not that I mind. I'm coming to find that I like his surprises. 

    He told me not to wear anything special, so I'm dressed in a t-shirt and jeans. Something I haven't really worn in forever. Mallory has attacked my wardrobe with a bunch of her clothes so I haven't really been dressing like myself lately.

    As much as I like her choices for me, I've missed my old clothes. 

    When I reach Jack's jeep he pushes open the passenger door for me and I slide in. He gives me a quick peck on the cheek and waits for me to put on my seat-belt before he pulls out of the driveway.

    "Are you excited?" He asks, turning down the music he had on. 

    "For what?" I inquire, trying to get any sort of information out of him.

    "Forget I asked." Jack grins. 

    "Whatever." I singsong as I stretch out my arms. Jack's eyes wander over at me and he takes in my casual outfit, "Eyes on the road." I scold him. He obeys and turns his head away from me. 

    "I like your shirt." He says. I look down at my black t-shirt that has a white peace sign embroidered on the front and shrug. What's so special about the shirt?

    "I like your face." I retort.

    "And you say I'm the dork." He laughs.

    "I learn from the best." I tell him. 

    I watch his jaw clench and his eyes squint. His whole demeanor suddenly changes, "Oh I can think of a few more things I can teach you."

    My cheeks grow red as I focus my attention on my hands. We sit in silence for a couple minutes until Jack slowly reaches over my lap and intertwines our hands. I look up at him but his face is blank, his eyes on the road. 

    I have no idea where he's taking me, I know it's not the lake this time. We already passed the turn for that to be our destination. Wherever it is, I can tell I'm going to like it.

_________________________

    "Babe," A soft whisper enters my thoughts, "Babe." I'm nudged lightly and my eyes crack open. 

    "Hm?" I sit up in my seat and take a deep breath, studying my surroundings. I hear Jack laugh beside me and I remember where I am, "Are we here?" I have no idea how long we've been driving.

    "Yeah." He says, unbuckling my seat-belt for me. He steps out of the vehicle, then walks over to my side and throws open the door. "Let's go." Grabbing my hand, he leads me out of the car.

    As soon as I'm out in the open my mouth drops. I spin around a few times and laugh. "What is this?" I'm standing in the middle of nowhere but there's a blanket laying in the grass and we're surrounded by the dark sky; stars are sprinkled above us like crumbs. 

    I feel Jack come up behind me and he slips his arm around my waist. "Do you like it? I know it's pretty basic but it was a last minute attempt at trying to be romantic." He chuckles.

    "Do I like it? Basic? Jack this is perfect, it's beautiful." I breathe. I want to joke around with him and tell him that I hate it and want to go home, but I'm too amazed to even let him think that for a second. No one has ever done anything like this for me and I'm so flattered.

    "Come on." I laugh, dragging him towards the blanket. I flop down on the ground and stare up at the sky. I let my eyes travel from star to star, making shapes out of all of them. "This is too cool." I say in awe. 

    "I had a feeling you'd like it."

    Jack says. I advert my gaze from the stars for a second to get a quick look at him. My eyes find his and the quick look turns into a long stare. His eyes are prettier than any star I could ever look at. 

    "You're really beautiful, Marley." Jack tells me with a smile, "I could look at you forever."

    "Shut up." I laugh, "Don't get soft on me." I'm obviously kidding. I love when Jack gets all sappy on me. It makes me feel special. No other boy has even treated me so sweet. 

    "Do you wanna know why I took you here?" Jack asks, putting his arm under my head so I could use it as a pillow. 

    "Okay." 

    "So I could ask you to be my girlfriend," He says, "So we could make it official." 

    My face breaks out into a huge smile. So after all this time of me wondering if we were really a thing we weren't, but right now he wants to make it real. I'm going to be his girlfriend and he's going to be my boyfriend. I get giddy at the thought. 

    Sure I've had a few boyfriends, but those were like elementary school relationships that were pointless, this is for real. It gives me a rush. 

    "So, Marley..." Jack starts, "Will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" As soon as he finishes his sentence I pounce on him. I know I should probably be more subtle about it but I'm excited. When my mouth finds his I feel his stomach rumble from laughter. I guess he was a little surprised at my actions as well. 

    "That's a yes." I assure him after breaking the kiss.

    "It better be," He teases, "If you'd said no I would've packed up left you here to fend for yourself." 

    "You would never." I say. 

    "Hell yeah I would!" He says back. 

    "You're annoying." I huff, falling back onto the blanket. 

    "I learn from the best." Jack replies, falling back next to me. I smile and lean my head against his shoulder. So this is what is feels like to be a girlfriend to someone. 

    "I'm glad you came to Omaha, Marley." He whispers, playing with my hair. My eyes wander back up towards the star and I thank the sky for letting me be here tonight. 

    "Me too..." I say.

    We stay silent for a long time until Jack points up at a couple of stars and says that it looks like the shape of a heart and it almost makes me gag. 

    "I'm sorry!" He laughs, "I thought it'd be cute." 

    "You try way too hard." I laugh back, "But I guess it was kind of cute."

    "Not as cute as you!" Jack coos. 

    "Stop!" I beg, but I don't really want him too. It makes me feel special and it makes me want to kiss him. And with no one there to stop me, that's exactly what I do.

_____________________________________________________________________________

THIS CHAPTER WAS CHEESY AF I'M SORRY IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT KIND OF STUFF HAHA, but yeah Marley and Jack are finally offcially after like forever lol anyway sorry for any typos and errors but i didn't have anytime to read this over and I just wanted to get it posted haha, anyway I hope you enjoyed that and thanks for reading! Chapter twenty-four will be up soon, if you have any suggestions or advice you can leave them in the comments! Also, if you'd like to vote don't forget to do so, much love-gilinskyshigh