Chapter Twenty-Six

"I'm getting tired." I breath before floating back towards the dock. 

   "Well maybe if you took off your clothes you'd have an easier time swimming." Jack suggests, following me out of the water. I scoff and stop myself from saying 'in your dreams' because we all know what that would lead to. 

    For the past two hours Jack and I have just been treading water, stopping every so often to sit on the dock and talk about anything and everything. It was kind of tiring. but I really like this date. Sure, there isn't any fancy restaurant or good food; it was just us together. That's how I want it. 

    I'm learning a lot about him. I'm also learning how much he actually did know about me. He's proving it, just like he said he would. 

    He knew that my favorite color was the way the sky looked before the sunset on a summer night, he knew that every time I smiled my left eye would crinkle slightly more than my right, that my jaw was slightly crooked, I always painted my ring fingernail a different color than all the rest, and he knew that I'm not as innocent as everyone (including myself) makes me out to be. I'm not quite sure how he got that one though. 

    It was just nice to have someone who payed such close attention to who I really am. I had no idea Jack even knew anything about me. Although I'm learning a lot about him tonight, I'm craving to know more.

    I now know that it's too hard for him to choose a favorite color so he just says red when people ask, I know that his favorite music is basically anything that he can sing along to, that the corner of his lips pop out when he smiles really wide, he has a secret obsession with mac and cheese, he actually really sucks at basketball (he thinks he's pro), and I know that he once didn't take a shower for a whole week because him and Johnson were in a prank war and he was afraid of being pranked while in the shower.

    The conversations that I'm having with Jack have been the most full filling conversations that I've ever been in. I'm really starting to fall for him and I just wish I could somehow know that he was falling too. Even though I'm having such a great night, I just keep thinking about his relationship with Leigh. If he acted any different with her than he's acting with me. The negative part of me is saying to just forget about him, that he's gonna go crawling back to her any second.

    "Do you want me to help you?" Once again, it's Jack's voice that knocks me from my trance of thought.

     "Help me with what?" 

    "You're always getting lost in that pretty little head of yours." He smirks. I feel a blush reach my cheeks as he brushes his fingers under my chin. 

    "I'm not a dog," I joke, "You don't need to scratch my jaw."

    "Are you avoiding my question, or just really random?" Jack jokes back. He knows the answer is both. 

    "What question?" I press, pushing his hand away from my face. He intertwines them together and I can't hide the smile that creeps up on me. 

     "Do you want me to help you take off your clothes, or are you a big girl and can do it yourself?" 

    "Who said I'm taking off my clothes?" I laugh nervously. I haven't felt any anxiety all night, but the thought of Jack seeing me in just my bra and underwear makes me feel weird. 

    "I did." He shrugs. 

    "You still have your clothes on." I accuse. 

    "Oh, is that bothering you?" He wonders with an amused look, "I only did because I didn't want you to feel awkward....but." Jack's shirt is off within two seconds and I wish I hadn't opened up my big mouth. 

     "Quit playing, put your clothes back on!" I demand. 

    "Nah, I know you don't really want me to." He's right. "It's your turn." In that sentence I watch his whole domineer change. He goes from playful, to serious. It makes me even more nervous. Bending down to reach my height to how I'm sitting, he slowly reaches his hand out to touch my forearm. 

    "Jack..." I'm not sure if I want him to stop or not, so I keep my mouth shut after that. 

    He takes that as an invitation to explore down to the bottom of my v-neck, playing with the hem. When I don't protest, he takes his other hand and places it in the same spot. I'm frozen. I don't want to interrupt him, I want him to finish what he started; I just wish he'd do it faster. 

    "Hurry up, or I could just take it off myself." I whisper. He chuckles into my ear and it sends chills down my back. 

    "Okay." He says, pulling my shirt over my head in one swift motion. The breeze hits my stomach with a big smack and I squeal. Covering my chest I laugh at the weird feeling. Being topless in front of Jack Gilinsky is not how I pictured this night to go. 

    "Nice one." I tell him. 

    "Nice two?" He suggests, his eyebrows raised. I laugh and smack him in the back of the head. 

    "Should I get your pants or..."

    "I got it, perv." Standing up, I feel a sudden urge of confidence and I strip down from my skintight leggings, revealing my black underwear. Thank God I didn't let Mallory convince me into wearing a thong. 

    Jack eyes me up and down then takes my hand and smiles, "You're beautiful." He says. My throat feels like it's closing and I really hope I don't cry because how awkward would that be. No guy has ever told me I was beautiful. Hearing it from Jack makes me sort of believe it. 

    I want to tell him that I love him but I know it's too soon. Instead, I give him a quick peck on the lips, which he turns into a full blown make out session. Not that I mind. 

__________________________________________________________________________

HOLA! I hope you enjoyed that lol, Jack and Marley's first date! chapter twenty-seven will be coming soon. Thanks again guys for waiting so long for chapter twenty-five, I'll be updating a lot more since it is the weekend. Weekdays are just really hard for me to sit down and actually take the time to write a chapter. Anyway if you'd like to vote don't forget to do so, and if you have any suggestions or advice just leave them in the comments! Much love - gilinskyshigh