Chapter Twenty-Five

"Where are we going!?" I groan from the passenger seat of Gilinsky's jeep.

    I begin to mess around with the blindfold he tied around my head, but before I can get it off he pushes my hands down with his right elbow. He chuckles beside me so I swat his arm as hard as I can, which only makes him laugh even more.

    "I told you," He says. I can hear the smirk in his voice, "It's a surprise." 

    "I hate surprises." I reply, even though it's not true.

    "That's such a lie." He retorts as if reading my mind. I smile absentmindedly. 

    "Whatever." I murmur, falling further into the leather seat. 

    "It'll only be a couple more minutes, hold your horses." Jack promises. 

    "I don't have any horses." 

    "Well then..." He pauses, "In that case, I guess I can give you a list of a few other things you can hold..." He teases. I clench back a choke and act like I had no idea what exactly he was referring to. 

    "Are we here?" I ask excitedly when I feel Jack's jeep come to a stop after what seems like an eternity.

    "No, I just wanted to randomly stop the car and turn off the engine." Sarcasm drips from his voice.

    "Shut up, wise ass," I growl, trying to hide a smile when I whine, "Can I take off this blindfold now?"

    "Get out of the car first." Jack orders. 

    “If I fall and break my neck I’m totally suing you.” I warn him before reaching for the door handle.

    “Wait, wait!” He stops me from moving another inch then leaves the car himself.

    I only have to wait two seconds before I realize what he's up to. A nice breeze rushes into the jeep from the door he now has opened for me.

    "Such a gentlemen." I say as he pulls me from my seat. As soon as I feel the gravel under my shoes I don't need to take off my blindfold to know where we are, "No, never mind." I tell him, "I hate you." 

    "You peeked!" He accuses playfully, "What am I going to do with you now?" I shudder at his words. What am I going to do with you now? Well you can do a lot of things with me. I inwardly cringe at my thoughts and push them away. 

    "I did not peek!" Without asking, I strip off my blindfold and fight the urge to smack him upside the head, "I can't believe you brought me here." I complain.

    "Oh, you love it." Jack muses.

    I scowl at him but don't deny what he's said. I do love it. I think it's really sweet and romantic.

    The negative side of me brings up the memories of Jack being here with Leigh while I sat off to the side and it makes all my giddy feelings fade away. What if I really don't mean that much to him? What if I'm just a 'fuck buddy', as Mallory put it? What if this is just a place he takes all of the girls he 'likes'? Does he even like me? What am I getting myself into?

    "Marley?" The sound of Jack's voice is enough to make me forget about all of that. Right now I don't care, right now I'm suppose to be with Jack, not in my head.

    "Jack?" I mimic. 

    "You good?"

    "Am I good?" I question seductively. I'm trying to loosen myself up a bit, but this time without the beer. I pray that it works.

    "Oh, you're gonna play like that, huh?" Jack smirks. I guess it's working? 

    "Play like what?" I ask innocently. 

    Without another word I feel Jack's arms wrap around my waist and he throws me over his shoulder. My heart goes into overdrive and I start kicking and punching at his back, "Let go!" I scream. 

    "Let go?" It sounds like he's not too sure if he heard me right. I punch him really hard in the shoulder blade so he yelps, "Okay, okay! I'll let you go!" 

    Instead of nicely placing me back on the ground like I meant, he drops me from his arm into the freezing water. When I resurface I see him leaning over slapping his knees.

    "Stop laughing! Why would you do that?" I splash him with water and start to climb back onto the dock. 

    "I'm sorry..." He tries to hold back his amusement. 

    "No you're not." I say, shaking my wet hair at him. 

    I watch his eyes travel down my body but surprisingly, I don't feel all that self conscious.

    I'm wearing a white v-neck (I'm actually really starting to like those), and a pair of black leggings. I didn't think I'd look as good as I did in them. For the first time in a while, I feel good about myself. 

    "You're right." His whispers when his eyes return back to mine, "I'm not." 

    And I'm not sorry either. 

___________________________________________________________________________

Yo guysssss, I know this isn't as long as you probably hoped but that's because I want to make Jack and Marley's date two seperate chapters just so it wouldn't be super, super long so you guys wouldn't get bored while reading it lol. Anyway, thank you so much for waiting so long for an update I've just been really busy. Also, thank you for reading and if you'd like to don't forget to vote. Chapter Twenty-Six will be up soon. If you have any advice or suggestions you can just leave them in the comments! Much love - gilinskyshigh