Chapter Thirty

"Marley!" Laura practically shouts in my ear when she opens up the front door to see me, "How are you?" She's beaming at me and I'm not sure whether to be flattered or nervous. Why is she so excited to see me?

    "Laura!?" I greet back, trying to give the same amount of enthusiasm. 

    "Don't scare the poor girl," Jack's dad, David, appears behind his daughter with a welcoming smile, "Come in." He says. 

    "Hi." I squeak, walking into the house. 

    "Jack is up in his room," Laura tells me, "He's been up there forever." 

    "Okay, thank you." I give the two a polite smile before making my way up the staircase. I know which room is Jack's because last time I was here it was the first thing Laura pointed out to me. It seems like she wanted us to get togehter more than I did. Maybe that's why she was acting so weird before, because she's knows about me and Jack. 

    When I reach his room his door is closed. For some reason I feel anxious and I want to turn around. Why did I even come here? What was the point? I should just leave, Jack doesn't even have to know I came. Before I can just turn around and forget about seeing him, a hand places itself on my shoulder. 

    "Ya'know," It's Molly, "It helps if you knock." She gives me a knowing smile then leans over and rasps her fist on the wooden door, then walks off. 

    It only takes Jack a few seconds to throw open the door. His face is contorted and he looks mad, but when he sees it's only me he softens. That makes me laugh. 

    "Marley," He breathes, "Hey, hey, come in." He steps back, allowing me to walk into his room. I force myself not to freak out at the fact that I'm standing in his bedroom. Why should I freak out? I shouldn't. We're basically dating so it's normal for me to be in here. Even if we weren't dating it'd still be normal. All I'm doing is standing, "Take a seat." His voice breaks through my thoughts. Now I'm sitting on his bed. 

    "Hi." Is all I can think of saying. Why did I come here again?

    "Hi." He chuckles. 

    "I don't know why I'm here..." I admit sheepishly. 

    "I'm sorry I left your place so early, I had something to take care of." Jack says, reminding me why I had Mallory drive me here in the first place. 

    "What kind of stuff?" I press. I didn't want to sound like I was intruding on his personal life but that's sort of what I was doing so I guess I failed that. 

    "Stupid stuff." He shrugs. 

    A weird silence fills the room and I'm not sure what to do next. Jack is sort of a secretive guy but not about silly stuff, so what could he have possibly had to 'take care of' that he can't tell me about? I'm getting worried.

    All of these ideas start filling my head like maybe he was with Leigh, maybe he was dealing drugs, maybe he has a job that no one knows about, maybe he just got bored of hanging out with me, maybe he doesn't want anything to do with me. 

    Is now the time to ask him what we are? I mean, I have to find out sooner or later. What if I really am just a fuck buddy to him? What would I do then? What if he doesn't even like me. This is so stupid, what have I gotten myself into? Do I even like him like that? What if I'm just making myself think that I like him but I don't? Yeah right, who am I kidding? I'm basically in love with this idiot. I've lost count of how many days I've been here but it's been long enough that Jack has somehow squeezed his stupid-self into my heart. 

    "I love looking at you when you think." 

    "What?" I ask, completely thrown off by his words. 

    "Your face goes into all these different expressions and you even shake your head a little sometimes, it's cute." He laughs, "Your eyebrows go up and down too." 

    My cheeks flush and I playfully slap Jack's shoulder, "Shut up." 

    "I'm serious." His smile is so cute I'm actually melting. 

    "I hate you." I tell him. 

    "I hate you too." He says back before kissing me.

    If I was being smart I'd shove him off of me and ask him if I'm his girlfriend, but I'm not smart, so I let him kiss me some more before saying goodbye. It's some time past midnight and of course when I get home Jack is the last thing I'm thinking about before I fall asleep, and the first thing I'm thinking of when I wake up.

_____________________________________________________________________________

don't hate me lol I know this chapter is short and I know I keep saying I'll write longer ones and that I keep saying I'll update a lot more during the weekends but as you've probably figured out that's just as hard as updating on the weekdays because I still have a lot of shit to do. I'm surprised I actually have a life haha but anyway thanks for reading and if you have any suggestions or advice leave them in the comments! I hope you guys like where this story is going I feel like I'm dragging it out so if you feel like that too just tell me and I'll try to hurry things along. chapter thirty-one will hopefully be out soon. don't forget to vote if you'd like! much love-gilinskyshigh

p.s sorry for making my authors notes really long I just want you guys to know what's up! idek if any of you actually even read these lol