Chapter Twenty-Four

"Wait so are you guys like...together?" Mallory asks slowly. Her face is contorted in confusion. I just finished telling her what happened between me and Gilinsky before I left Sam's house that morning.

    "To be honest, I don't really know..." I confess. I haven't really thought into that detail yet. All I know is that I love kissing him and I'd love to be able to do it whenever I wanted.

    Being in a serious relationship with Jack is not something I've ever really considered, but now that I think about it, it seems like it'd be nice.

    "You should talk to him about it," Mallory tells me with a serious tone, "You don't want him getting the wrong idea that you're just a fuck buddy."

    I shake my head, "I'm pretty positive he would never see me that way..."

    "You never know." Mallory says.

    "I guess I could ask him about it..." I pause. "I don't want to mess things up between us."

    "What's there to mess up if you don't talk to him about exactly what you guys are?"

    Mal does have a point. I can't just live the rest of my life without putting a label on whatever Jack and I are. If we even are anything.

    "Okay." I say while hugging tightly onto my pillow. I feel so giddy talking about Jack with Mallory, it reminds me of our kisses and just thinking about that alone is enough to drive me insane.

    "Quit thinking about it and text him!" Mallory urges me. I laugh at her impatience and pull out my phone. I hesitate before clicking the little message icon next to his name but Mallory forces my thumb to move forward.

    "What do I even ask?"

    "Here, gimme the phone!" Right before Mallory snatches the device out of my hands, it buzzes. I nearly fall off my bed when I see that it's from Jack. Pushing Mal's arms away, I unlock my phone and click on his name.

Hey

    It seems kind of casual, but I don't focus on it too much before responding back.

Hi

    Was that too forced? I usually start a conversation with a sentence rather than just one word. Would he notice?

    "What'd he say!?" Mallory questions. I give her a smirk but ignore her wish to know what he sent to me.

What's up

Are we really going to have this kind of conversation?

Haha I was hoping you'd stop it before I went further with it

Sooooooo is there a specific reason you're texting me or do you just miss me already?

    Before I can cringe at myself for being so non-discrete about things, a new message pops up.

A little bit of both

Go on...

I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me

    I squeal with delight and start jumping up and down on my bed. Mallory joins in with me demanding to see my phone. "Wait! Wait!" I shout while texting back.

Hmm that may be a possibility...when and where?

Well I was thinking for like 8 and the where is a surprise

I don't know if I'm into surprises when you're involved

Oh you will be in this case, trust me

    "Mallory, oh my God!" The huge smile on my face is inevitable and Mallory takes my phone from my grasp to read the conversation.

    "Marley, this is so great!" She gloats with me. "This is better than great!"

    "Hurry!" I laugh, "Let me text him back!"

I guess I can fit you into my schedule

Haha as if you have a schedule

You don't know that

I know a lot of things about you, Mar

Oh yeah?

I'll prove it to you when I bring you to our surprise destination

    "I can't believe this..." I breath.

    "Well believe it, sister!" Mallory laughs

    "Everything okay in there?" Dad's muffled voice breaks me from my thoughts of Jack and how exactly he's going to prove it to me.

    "Yeah, Dad!" I answer, holding back a giggle.

    "Okay, well dinner will be ready soon." He tells us. I look at the clock and see that it's 7. I only have one hour before this date with Jack.

    "Sure thing, John!" Mallory calls out. When she's sure he's gone back downstairs, she beams at me, "No worries, I can get you ready in less than ten minutes."

    "Do your thing." I say shakily. It's not that I'm nervous about the date or nervous about what Mal's going to dress me in, I'm just overly excited. Excited to see Jack and just excited that all of this is actually happening.

    I don't even have to be drunk this time to feel good, and it's all thanks to Jack.

__________________________________________________________________________

okay so I typed this on my iPod so idk if there are any grammar mistakes or spelling or anything like that so please forgive me haha, also thanks for reading! if you have any suggestions or advice just leave them in the comments! chapter twenty-five will be posted soon, and don't forget to vote if you'd like to! much love - gilinskyshigh