Chapter Five

"A party?" The thought makes my upper lip curl. "No thanks." I turn the boys down politely. Do you know how many people I would have to meet if I went to a party? That's not something I find fun. I'm about to get up from the couch when a hand pulls me back down.

    "Why not?" Sammy seems surprised. Like he can't understand why I'd rather stay home on a summer night than go to some party. I crack my knuckles feeling awkward, what do I even tell them? I don't have a legitimate excuse. 

    "My dad doesn't want me to?" It comes out more like a question than a statement.

    "Complete bullshit. We already told him we were taking you and he gave us permission." Johnson announces. Dammit Dad. 

    "I don't have anything to wear..." 

    "We have girls that are friends; you can just borrow something from them." Gilinsky says like it's no big deal. My eyes go wide and I look at Jack with the most dumbfounded look on my face. "I also have two sisters." He adds as if that'll make me feel any better.

    "I have a sister too!" Sammy contributes. 

    "I'd rather not." My heart race is picking up and I wish Violet was here. 

    "Trust me it's not weird, they share clothes all the time." Johnson tries to reassure me. 

    "But I don't know them." I continue to rebut. 

    Gilinsky rolls his eyes and nudges my foot with his. "Stop making up excuses, we'll bring you to Mallory's house and she'll be more than happy to let you borrow something." I shake my head. "Or we can go back to my place and my sisters can play dress up with you." He suggests. I shake my head even harder. Meet his family!? No way. 

    "No!" I say sternly. For some reason the guys all think it's so funny and start cracking up. "You all suck." I go to stand up again but Sammy pulls on my wrist. 

    "You can say no as many times as you want, Mar," He tells me, "but you're coming with us to that party." 

    Looking around the room I realize that they're right. There's no way they're going to give in and let me stay here by myself. With a sigh I turn to Gilinsky and give him a nasty look. "Whoever Mallory is she better be okay with this." 

______________________

    "You look amazing!" Mallory beams at me with her perfectly straight whitened teeth. I can't help but be a little bit jealous. I look like trash compared to her. 

    "I don't feel amazing..." I mumble as I look in her mirror. She has me in a tight black short skirt that's a little too small on me, and a maroon top that was also a little tight. I feel exposed. I'm not good enough for this, I just wish the guys would've let me stay home and wallow in my own self-pity. 

    "Oh who are you kidding, Mar?" Mallory shakes her head at me. She speaks with such a soft tone it feels like she's a mom talking to her five year old kid. "You're beautiful! Boys are gonna be jumping at you all night I already know it." 

    "I know you're trying to help, but that just made me even more nervous." I blurt stupidly. I close my eyes tight. Why would I say that out loud? 

    "Don't be nervous! You'll have so much fun, I promise." Mallory grasps onto my wrist and gives me a sweet smile. How is she so beautiful and nice at the same time? Most of the pretty girls I know back home are complete bitches. "Besides, if anyone tries to mess with you I know for a fact that Jack and Jack, and Sammy will be by your side in less than a second." 

    I stop for a second and think about how weirdly close I already feel to these boys even though I just met them today. Sure, I still get awkward and weird around them but I'm like that with everyone. I'm just surprised they even wanted me to come with them to a party. It's not like they had to invite me, they wanted to. That made me feel good. 

    "I really appreciate you doing this for me." I thank her as I slide on the black heels she was letting me wear for the night. "I'm not used to getting dressed up like this." 

    "No problem, Mar, now let's get downstairs and show those boys who's the boss!" She pumps her left fist in the air and grabs my hand with her own. As she leads me down the stairs I close my eyes and count to ten. I'm nervous about what the boys are going to think when they see me. What if it looks like I'm trying too hard? 

    My eyes are still closed by the time we make it down the stairs and I hear muffled giggles coming from Sammy so I quickly open my eyes and pretend that I wasn't acting weird. I'm still holding tightly onto Mallory's hand so I let go and wipe them on the skirt I'm wearing. 

    "Breathe, Mar." Gilinsky tells me. I suddenly realize that I'm holding my breath, so I do as I'm told and breathe. "You look great." He smiles at me and I'm 100% sure that if I was a snowman I'd be melting. 

    "Thank you." I whisper, not making eye contact with any of them. 

    "Stunning." Johnson adds.

    "You look like a hot mama." Sammy winks. I clench my jaw but the blush still creeps up my neck and onto my cheeks. "You too Mal." 

    "You guys don't look too bad yourselves, now let's go or we'll be late!" Mallory jumps up and down. That girl is full of so much energy. 

    "M'lady?" Johnson puts his hand out for her and she takes it and they walk off to the car together, hand-in-hand. I almost awwwww out loud. Instead I take a deep breath and follow them outside with Gilinsky and Sam in tow. 

    Pleaaaase let this be a good night. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

okay! that's chapter five! i hope you liked it, chapter six will be coming soon. again if you have any suggestions don't be afraid to share, much love - gilinskyshigh