Chapter Three

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. "Shit." I stare with a look of disgust on my face at all the clothes I have unpacked and thrown into my closet. What am I supposed to wear? After Dad came in my room to tell me that we were having guests at dinner, I shot right out of bed to look through my clothes. All I brought with me was t-shirts, shorts, and a couple pairs of sweatpants and sweatshirts. I should've listened to Mom and gone shopping with her before we left for Omaha. She hates how I dress so "un-ladylike". Now I'm starting to hate it too. 

    Usually I don't care what I wear as long as I'm comfortable in it, even if hot guys are around. When my older brothers, Jordan and Ricky, still lived at home they'd have their friends over all the time; I didn't give a shit I just wore what I would've worn on any normal day.This seems different though and I don't know why. I wish it didn't. I take a deep breath and count to ten. 

    "The guys will be here soon, Marley." Dad's muffled voice enters my room behind the closed door. Without realizing it, I let out a low groan. I hear Dad laugh and my face feels like it's on fire. 

    Flopping to the floor I give up on finding something decent to wear and look down at what I'm wearing at the moment. A navy t-shirt that reads 'Lincoln High Cross Country" in white block letters and has paint stains all over it, tucked into my favorite faded bluejeans. With a loud sigh I start to pick at the dried paint. 

    After a few minutes I hear a loud bang come from downstairs and it only takes me about .5 seconds to realize that it's someone knocking on the door. My stomach clenches. To confirm my suspicions, Violet barks excitedly over and over again until Dad opens the front door. The sound of laughter and chatter instantly fills the house and I feel like I might throw up. 

    "Hey guys..." Dad sounds tired but I can hear a hint of laughter in his voice. "Marley! Get down here!" He shouts. Now I really think I'm going to throw up.

    "Yeah, Marley!" Sammy calls out. "We don't bite!" My eyes widen and I feel faint. I'm going to pass out I just know it. There's more laughing and I can't help but wonder what the hell those boys are always laughing about. 

    "I'm coming!" I sound angrier than I mean to. "Don't get your panties in a twist!" As soon as the words escape my lips I throw my hands up to my mouth as if doing that can take them back.

    "Who said I'm wearing panties?" Sammy teases. I'm so fucked. I hear skin-on-skin contact and a high-pitched OW! This is the second time Sammy has been smacked while I've been here and it makes me smile. Which is kinda weird because you're not really supposed to be happy when someone gets slapped. 

    "Dinner's ready in five, you should really get downstairs." Dad swings open the door to my room and I gasp so loud I might have punctured a lung. His face scrunches up. "Oh, right, sorry - knock - I have to knock." 

    "It's fine, you just scared me is all." I laugh awkwardly and stand up from the floor. I swallow hard and I can feel his eyes lock on mine. It makes me feel like he's reading my mind or looking into my soul so I quickly look away and make my way towards the door.

    "Don't be so nervous, they're good kids." He whispers as we make our way down the stairs. I've only been here for around three hours and Dad already can read me like I'm an open book.

    "Well look who it is! The myth herself!" Sammy's eyes twinkle as soon as he sees me and my heart flutters. He's gorgeous. I recognize him as one of the boys who were looking over at the house when I first got here; scanning the room I realize it's all of them who were. The level of awkward I feel is rising and I have to wipe my hands on my jeans. 

    "Um...heeeey." I throw a fake smile on my face and I can tell it looks like I'm trying too hard. I'm relieved when Violet comes prancing over to me with her tail swinging back and forth. I lean down and give her a nice pet. I start to feel calm. 

    "I'm Jack Johnson," Gorgeous Nameless Boys informs me, "That's Jack Gilinsky," he points to his left, "And that really stupid kid who thinks he's funny but he's not - is Sammy." he points to his right. Sammy gives Jack a look and shakes his head. 

    "I'm funny as hell." He retorts.

    "In your dreams." The other Jack rolls his eyes. He's gorgeous too. 

    "Yeah, your wet ones." He winks. My face goes red as a tomato and everyone groans while Dad walks into the family room and hits Sammy in the back of the head. 

    "Dinner's ready..." His face is contorted as he looks at Sammy. 

    "Hell yes, I'm so ready for this." Gilinsky rubs his hands together like he's a mad scientist. 

     "You can sit next to me, Mar!" Sammy smirks. I contemplate if running back upstairs to hide in my room is an option. The look Dad is giving me tells me it's not.

_____________________________________________________________________________

    Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter I think the story is coming along I know it's still kinda slow but it will get there I promise. If you have any suggestions for me don't be afraid to comment and stuff like that. chapter four coming soon! much love - gilinskyshigh