CHAPTER: 50| THE PARTY (PART-2)

ASSALAMUALAIKUM!

Unedited chapter*

************************************************

Aariz disconnected the call and placed Laiba's cellphone back to where she had left it which was on the small coffee table. He lowered himself on the wooden chair and pulled his leg on top of the table, crossing at his ankles. He glanced back at the balcony door and frowned, wondering why Laiba hadn't returned yet.

On the other side of the balcony, in a well lit room, Laiba was on the mussalah, offering Esha. Turning her face to her right and then to her left, she raised her hands and made dua. After she was done, she grazed her palms on her face and stood up, folding the mussalah in a neat square. She placed it back on the cabinet and started making her way to the door, an image of Aariz in the balcony crossing her mind.

She had excused herself saying she wanted to use washroom and had gotten out of the balcony but when she came to the room, she saw a chance to pray and had just stood for it.

She must had at least informed Aariz, she thought to herself.

Laiba had just placed her hands on the knob of the door when she heard voices coming from outside.

Footsteps.

Shouting.

Shuffling.

Laughing.

And before she could comprehend anything, the knob turned by itself, the door opening.

Laiba took a few quick steps back while the door flew wide open.

And there stood two guys.

Oh god. She thought, mentally face-palming herself.

The guys had halted in their tracks, clearly taken aback to find someone in the room already.

They gave her a once over and then looked at each other.

One of them, who was wearing a red jacket, spoke up first.

"Hey! I'm sorry...." He gave her a puzzled look, "I didn't know this room was occupied."

Laiba blinked to herself, "I'm just leaving..." She told them, awkwardly, looking anywhere but at them.

"What's happening?"

Suddenly a girl came from behind them.

The guys moved, revealing Laiba.

The girl stepped forward and stood with the guys at the doorway.

"You came with the Othmans." She said to her, eyeing her up and down. It wasn't a question. It was a statement.

"Oh!" The guy in floral shirt and beige shorts spoke, "You are the one Farhaan was talking about." This time, he looked at her with gleam in his eyes.

"What did he say again?" The red jacket guy asked him, giving him a 'what-did-I-miss' look.

"It seems Rehaan got really offended when he asked Zeeshan and Aariz about her." The Hawaiian type guy appraised him.