CHAPTER: 43 | CHANGE OF HEARTS(PART-7)

ASSALAMUALYKUM!!!

*Unedited Chapter*

*******************************************************

Back at Veronica's place, sitting in her living room, on an enormous L-shaped sofa, surrounded by a bunch of rich, privileged kids, Laiba felt like a fish out of water, listening to them talk about brands and labels, which luxury car was new in th...

Back at Veronica's place, sitting in her living room, on an enormous L-shaped sofa, surrounded by a bunch of rich, privileged kids, Laiba felt like a fish out of water, listening to them talk about brands and labels, which luxury car was new in the market, about holiday destination they have visited and are planning on visiting, about various cuisines, big shots and their dinner parties and sports clubs and all the other things that she had absolutely no interest in.

She couldn't relate to them one bit.

It was like Aariz's siblings and his cousins were from a completely different world, living a completely different life.

Their way of living was way different from hers.

And among them, she only felt like an outcast.

"Where's Aariz by the way?"

Veronica interrupted her train of thoughts.

The question wasn't directed to anyone particular but everyone made a show by turning their head towards her.

"I was looking forward to meet him." She added, oblivious to everything.

Laiba's squirmed in her seat, feeling uncomfortably under everyone's gaze.

Areesha noticed her discomfort and came to her rescue, "He said they have some work nearby. He will be back soon." She appraised her.

"Oh? Why don't you call him up, yeah? I really can't wait to see him. It's been years." She urged.

"Sure," Areesha nodded and called him up.

Only to hear the ringtone blaring somewhere near.

Everybody turned their head towards the direction of the ringing sound and found Aariz entering the living room, his cellphone in his hand. Zeeshan and Shah, right behind him.

The moment Veronica saw Aariz, her whole face lit up like 4th of July.

In seconds, she was up on her feet, "Aarizzzz!!!!" She exclaimed, literally throwing herself on him, "How are you??? It's been two years, gosh! I missed you!" She tightened her arms around his neck, pressing herself against him.

Everyone behind them, exchanged cryptic looks with each other.

Whereas Laiba quietly watched them, creases forming on her forehead.