SUMMARY OF THE STORY SO FAR

Female protagonist: LAIBA HAYAT HUSSAIN

Laiba is living with her best friend Sarah and her father, Haider Ahmed who loves her and considers her as his own daughter. She was to get married to Shebaz Hamadi but the wedding breaks off on the very day of her Nikâh. Consequently, the family is devastated by the recent events.

On the other side, the Othman family is living a life of their own. Faheem Othman and Yusuf Othman are brothers with an only sister Zara Othman Qadar . They live as a joint family in the Othman House with their children.

Male Protagonist: Zeeshan Obeid Othman

Zeeshan is an only son to his father, Yusuf Othman. He is an obedient son and a workaholic. His life revolves around his work and goals that his father has set for him.

Male Protagonist: Aariz Obeid Othman

Aariz is a typical rich, spoilt brat of his father, Faheem Othman and does whatever comes to his mind. He is a cold hearted jerk who is also handsome and equally arrogant. He has a past, which made him the way he is now.

Recap:

Yusuf Othman is a friend of Haider Ahmed and when he meets Laiba, he immediately likes her. He talks to Aariz and tries to convince him to marry Laiba but when he rejects the proposal on his face outright, Yusuf Othman then passes the offer to his son, Zeeshan.

Zeeshan, being the obedient son, agrees to marry her. The whole Othman family then visits Ahmed Residence to meet Laiba and to ask her hand for marriage. Later, when Aariz arrives at the Ahmed Residence to pick the girls up, Laiba mistakes him for Zeeshan.

Laiba, by thinking Aariz is Zeeshan, does istakhara and gives her answer in affirmation but when she gets to know the truth that Aariz isn't Zeeshan, she is confused as to whom she agreed to get married to.

Zeeshan has a past and it is somehow connected to Laiba. He doesn't get to meet her as he had to leave for a business trip to London. Without knowing who she is, he agrees to marry her but three days before the Nikâh he comes across her picture and decides to disappear.

Aariz somehow makes Laiba known of Zeeshan's disappearance and also, who he was.

When Laiba comes to know of who actually Zeeshan is. She is beyond shocked. She couldn't believe she was about to get married to the person who she hated the most on the planet Earth.

Laiba wants to end the marriage but Sarah stops her and tells her to let the Othmans take a step in the matter as Zeeshan was already missing and it was highly unlikely for the wedding to happen either way.

Here, the Othman family is worried and looking for Zeeshan who had gone MIA on all of them just three days before the Nikah. Consequently, Aariz is emotionally blackmailed by his father to take Zeeshan's place and marry Laiba.

Aariz agrees to marry her but isn't actually prepared  for it.

Aariz and Laiba gets married but the marriage only brings distress in their life as the latter never misses the chance to make her known that he doesn't want her in his life.

On the other hand, Zeeshan goes down to a town and meets Laiba's step sister, Handal Hayat Hussain and demands her to tell her father the truth.

Handal Hayat Hussain denies to help him and they both end up in a quarrel which makes Zeeshan realise that escaping wasn't really a good idea.

Hence, he decides to return home.

Heesham Qadar is the husband of Zara Othman and father of Habeeba, Maha and Essa who lives in the States. He is home for Areesha's wedding which is supposed to take place in two weeks. He begins to creep out Laiba and eventually ends up harassing her. Aariz and a few family members(excluding Zara Othman and Umme-Zeeshan) gets to know about it and Aariz, in a fit of anger, punches Heesham Qadar in front of his father and his Uncle, accusing him of harassing his wife, Laiba.

Zeeshan happens to know about Aariz and Laiba's relationship in the middle of the mess and isolates himself from everyone.

Faheem Othman and Yusuf Othman decides to send the kids off to Haveli in order to peace out things in the family.

There, in the Haveli, Aariz confronts Zeeshan and tries to amend things between them.

Despite everything, Zeeshan and Aariz are back to being as close as they were before in no time.

Laiba despises Zeeshan's presence in the Haveli and tries to stay away from him as much as possible. Even if that meant skipping meals.

Laiba's stunt to avoid Zeeshan doesn't go unnoticed by Aariz and thus, he tries to make her understand how important Zeeshan was in his life.

Laiba is reluctant but she decides to put up with Zeeshan for Aariz's sake.

Aariz and Laiba's relationship goes through a few ups and downs with Shebaz(The guy with whom Laiba's wedding broke off in the second chapter of the book) and Veronica(Aariz and Areesha's designer friend from Melbourne) in the scene.

But things seems to be normal with them as they drink coffee together one morning.

Currently, Laiba and the Othman kids are playing a game of Hide'N'Seek meets paint ball in a bungalow owned by the Othmans on the back street of the Haveli.

Laiba and Aariz are the captains of their team and are competing against each other.

So far, Laiba has lost two of her teammates, Essa and Burhaan, while Aariz has lost none.

Now, Read more to know more....