CHAPTER: 37 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-1)

ASSALAMUALYKUM!!!

*Unedited chapter*

***************************************************

Two years ago:

It was lunch hour and as usual, the cafeteria across the university, was buzzing with students. All the tables were full inside and out, waiters running everywhere, taking and delivering orders. Laughter boomed everywhere and the noise of the student's incessant chatter never seemed to cease.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?" Omar asked Zeeshan, placing the empty coffee mug on the table and wiping his mouth with his shirt's sleeves.

Zeeshan took a sip of his own coffee, "I have a meeting with your father." He answered him without looking up from his cellphone.

Omar huffed, "Oh man!" He whined, "I thought we could go to that party tonight." He appraised.

He snorted, "My father would prolly burry me alive if he finds out I'm partying here instead of doing what am supposed to be doing..." He said with humour but the message was indeed, true.

Zeeshan was in the town, to meet Omar's father, Khalid Kamran, the owner of one of famous real-estate companies, KK Builders. Yusuf Othman had wanted Zeeshan to try and make alliance with him for an upcoming project and so far, he was only succeeding.

His friendship with Omar was nothing business. They met at one of the conference and just clicked. Omar's story was just as Zeeshan's, both their fathers expected one thing from them, success. At all cost. While Zeeshan was easily turning into someone his father wanted him to be, Omar was giving Khalid Kamran a hard time. He barely attended meetings, always partied and spent his father's money on his moronic friends who was friends with him only and only for that matter alone.

Omar had zero genuine friends, that was, until he met Zeeshan.

"Bro! The party would begin only after 10 and as far as I know, the meeting will end by that." He calculated, "You could still come."

Zeeshan clearly wasn't interested. He didn't like his group of friends. The guys were all a bunch of idiots and the girls were too clingy for his liking.

"Will see.." He mumbled for the sake of shutting him up. He knew how persuasive Omar would be when he wanted something done.

"Yo!" He exclaimed, delightfully.

"Okay, I need to rush home now." He sat upright, emptying his coffee in one big gulp and setting the mug on the table with a thud. "I have got so much work to do and there's no enough time left." He muttered to himself as he dabbed the napkin over his lips.

Omar nodded, "Okay then, I'll drop you." He stood up and was about to turn when his eyes fell on the girl sitting on the table opposite to theirs.

"Handal?" Omar recognised her just as she glanced up and met his eyes.

"Hey! Omar!" Handal waved at him excitedly, a big bright smile breaking through her face.

Zeeshan rolled his eyes and scratched his right eyebrow as they hugged each other.

As Handal separated herself from Omar, her eyes landed on Zeeshan.