CHAPTER: 41 | CHANGE OF HEARTS (PART-5)

ASSALAMUALYKUM!!!

*Unedited chapter*

Book cover credits: MarineSaigon999

Dedicating this chapter to you cause I don't know how else to express my gratitude making one hell of an amazing cover for my book. It's so lovely and suits my book just right. I love you, friend. Thanks alot :)

**************************************

A slow, low music, played from the speakers in the background.

A man in crisp tailor suit from BBC news channel was speaking inside the huge LED flat screen television hung across the wall, the volume of which had been muted and all one could see was his mouth, moving so fast, it was almost impossible to make out the words he was saying.

And perhaps, it was the second bowl of ice cream that night which had been left unattended on the table, the content melting into liquid and waffles drowning in them while its owner, Laiba, sat on the seat by the glass window, her hands folded and on the table while her face was grim and turned towards the window, lips pressed into a thin line as she watched the vehicles wheeze past on the highway.

Trying her best to ignore the glares she was receiving from her husband.

Aariz had himself ensconced on the seat right in front of her, looking painfully gorgeous in a plain black shirt and a jacket. His hair, dishevelled and spiked up like that of a footballer on his head and a layer of stubble covering his jaw line, adding some masculinity to his face. He had put one of his hands around the back of Essa's seat and he was holding a large enclosed cup of Chocolate Oreo Milkshake, his lips attached to the tip of the straw while he stared at Laiba from under his eyelashes as he slurped on his drink.

"Aariz?" Areesha locked her phone and set it on the table.

"Hmm.." He hummed, lips still on the straw and eyes, still on Laiba.

"Where's Zeeshan?" Areesha asked, looking around her.

At the mention of him, Laiba stiffened.

It had been good fifteen minutes since she had walked out on him and he was no where in sight(not that she cared or something). She didn't know where he went or if he would show up back to the table at all but she had been glad she didn't had to face the person she loathed the most on the surface of the earth right then.

She couldn't believe that guy had the audacity to act like everything was normal when it was anything but that.

What was he thinking? Laiba wondered, her blood boiling at the mere thought of him trying to talk to her.

"He left." Aariz answered curtly.

Everybody ohhh-ed and nodded their heads without questioning anything further.

Laiba relaxed. Thanking Allah quietly in her heart.

"Okay then, I think even we should leave." Areesha checked time on her wrist watch, "You wanna come or..?" She asked Aariz, looking between him and Laiba.

"I'll stay here for a while." He informed her.

"Alright." She flipped her hair and turned towards Burhaan, "Ready to go?"