CHAPTER: 53| BETWEEN US (PART-3)

ASSALAMUALYKUM!!!!

I was in a mood to write so...

SUUUUUURPPPPRRISEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

*Unedited*

*************************************************

Aariz couldn't sleep that night.

He kept turning and tossing on his side while Zeeshan was passed out beside him.

Every time, he tried to shut his eyes and sleep, Laiba's face would come in front his mind, followed by everything she told him about her life.

He couldn't help but think about what had happened with her.

Aariz knew what Laiba told him was just one side of the story and there were pieces yet to be put together.

Like, what kind of closure Zeeshan wanted from her???

He slept on his back and recalled about the time Zeeshan came back from the town, two years ago.

For days, Zeeshan appeared disturbed and when Aariz asked him one time, he told him he did a grave mistake and had narrated him a different story back then.

Zeeshan had told him that he was dared by his friends. That was why he went to Laiba's home to talk to her when her parents walked in on them and misunderstood them. He remembered he told him that he was scared and wanted nothing but to get out of the situation. Fortunately, he was able walk out of the girl's house but the next day, he happened to know from one of his friends that the family had kicked the girl out of their house because they thought she was having an affair with him.

Zeeshan was consumed by guilt from that day on.

But as days passed by, he got busy with work and stopped grieving about it until two years later, Uncle Yusuf brought her marriage proposal home to him.

While Zeeshan and Aariz, both were surprised by the familiarity of the girl's name.

Who would had thought, the girl would turn out to be the same Laiba, he destroyed the life of.

Amidst all the chaos, Laiba ended up becoming Aariz's bride.

Why? He thought to himself. What was the point? He had nothing to do with her. She had been Zeeshan's problem from the beginning. He was living his life. She was living hers. There were worlds apart. Why did God bring them together? What for?

Aariz turned his head and looked at Zeeshan.

Has it ever occurred to you, that maybe he once liked or still likes your wife?

Why would Noor say that??

And then, he remembered something and slide his hand under Zeeshan's pillow. He fished out his cellphone and brought it in front of his face.

He punched in Zeeshan's passcode and unlocked the phone.

He click opened his gallery and scrolled past through all the recent pictures.